Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Hey Kiya,

Are you guys getting a restock of the F380s any time soon?

March 16th.

ive probably asked this already, but did you have an estimation of when the mf x sc stuff would be arriving. specifically the utility pants.

muchos thanks

Chinos will be available in late April.

Everything else will launch (in-store and online) April 1st.

kiya, restock of the Imperial Indigo Shearer in larger sizes anytime soon? Missed out on the first batch...:(

Yup, on March 15th.

Kiya, this might be a stoooopid question (don't hate, I HAVE searched, both the Selfedge site and here), but I wonder how you measure the thighs. Straight from the crotch to the outside or lower?

I have compared with other online shops (for example BiG) and my impression is that your thigh measurements are always smaller. Take for instance the Skull 50-10xx 6x6 in a size 30. On BiG's site the thigh is 11.5", on yours is 11". That's one whole inch in total and would be a dealbreaker for me and my thick thighs.

The reason for this question is that I'm planning to buy a pair of Imperial shearers soon, but I'm afraid a size 31 (my true waist) will be too tight in the thigh, even though the model is supposed to be comfortable in the upper half and fitted from the knee down.

I'm not abnormal or anything, just athletic.

mandel9000,

We measure the thigh ~1" down from the crotch straight to the outside of the leg. We remeasure many of the jeans when we get new shipments in to assure we're displaying up to date size charts.

mandel9000,

We measure the thigh ~1" down from the crotch straight to the outside of the leg. We remeasure many of the jeans when we get new shipments in to assure we're displaying up to date size charts.

Thanks! Good news, will buy a pair of shearers then.

Are the sleeves on both of these shirts short or is that dude just wearing a shirt that's too small?

It's a combination of him being tall and also the sleeves on ALL Japanese shirts being shorter than what westerners are used to.

^ I've been through a few SC shirts. I find on the whole that the large western style ones are a great fit, but going large in the work shirt style (to get the right arm length) means wearing a tent.

I think the Flathead fit rocks best. 42" is a brilliant fit on me - nicely fitted and perfect arm lengh.

^ I've been through a few SC shirts. I find on the whole that the large western style ones are a great fit, but going large in the work shirt style (to get the right arm length) means wearing a tent.

I think the Flathead fit rocks best. 42" is a brilliant fit on me - nicely fitted and perfect arm lengh.

What are your measurements, no homo?

What are your measurements, no homo?

40" chest, 34" waist, 15" neck. Arm length I need 21" from pit to end of cuff, to feel that a shirt fits right.

The Flathead cut is really flattering on me, but I have a couple of SC western shirts that meet requirements.

My last large SC work shirt is on ebay, but I really wish I'd sold them all on here.

Quick question Kiya:

I noticed on my fh wallet that the metal attachment on it is very, slightly wobbly, i can see it's imprint on the leather underneath it. I never really noticed it before and was wondering if this is normal? I haven't really worn it vigorously (I think), but because it's so slight i thought it could just be how it is - i just wanted to make sure.

Thanks