Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

I have never wanted a white shirt so much...that thing is going to get fucking dirty!

It might just be me, or perhaps its a case of Kiya being unintentionally deceptive, but I do believe that a comment on the last page indicates that that white selvage shirt will be 170 just like the other Self Edge shirts...of course I could be mistaken.

id want one hope it doesnt go over 200..

No way.. It's going to be between 170 and 190 at the absolute most.

Why not? It seems like it was pretty popular.

Diesel says "no".

Diesel says "no".

Who? Shaq? Vin Diesel? What does that mean?

well, that is what 'limited' means..

Ya I know what it means. I meant a new different run of the same cut which I think there would be demand for. Call it something else, SExIH08 or whatever.

I understand the nature of "limited edition" in such a niche market, you want to make sure you can sell them all so production runs are small.

If a certain "limited edition" sells well wouldnt you consider doing another run?

Why not? It seems like it was pretty popular.

It was only sort of popular. Kiya had a bunch left that he couldn't sell so he gave it to the local Salvation Army.

All of a sudden people have been calling and begging to pay full price for them. Odd.

Diesel says "no".

I was really confused that your cool lil' shop would be stocking Diesel...

...then I saw the cute little bugger. How can anyone be a snob with those puppy eyes staring at you? I think you should get another pup and name him 'bape'.

Then make the announcement that you are carrying bape and diesel...to the vet.:)

I'd like to point something out merely because there's all this talk of "limited editions"..

Just like my other company, Anti-Yo, we here at Self Edge are doing our special jeans in runs of 100 to 150 pairs not because we want to sell hype, but because we simply cannot afford to make more.

A small family run company like Self Edge cannot put up the money to produce more than that many at one time. You do realize it costs us ~$26,000 to do ONE run of a collaboration? There are very few boutiques in the world that can pay that amount of money in one lump sum, and when dealing with the Japanese, it can only be paid in one lump sum, the word "terms" is not within their vocabulary.

Just wanted to make sure our customers knew that we're producing low numbers purely because it's financially impossible for us to produce more.

If you want limited edition, for a short time only (this week), Self Edge will be selling limited edition honeycomb rub downs in the LES on Orchard and Houston every weekday from 11pm-2am:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=orchard+and+houston,+ny,+ny&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=42.03917,96.328125&ie=UTF8&ll=40.726299,-73.98792&spn=0.009854,0.023518&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.72264,-73.98792&cbp=1,170.46329235424696,,0,-1.703933015685294

If you want limited edition, for a short time only (this week), Self Edge will be selling limited edition honeycomb rub downs in the LES on Orchard and Houston every weekday from 11pm-2am:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=orchard+and+houston,+ny,+ny&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=42.03917,96.328125&ie=UTF8&ll=40.726299,-73.98792&spn=0.009854,0.023518&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.72264,-73.98792&cbp=1,170.46329235424696,,0,-1.703933015685294

This is a true story, one block west of Katz's.

See you then.

hey so how does the repair system work for products bought at SE... do I gotta bring an invoice or is everyone in your system??

I plan on visiting some time this week because I need a hem.

Just come in.. your name will be in our store system.

I'd like to point something out merely because there's all this talk of "limited editions"..

Just like my other company, Anti-Yo, we here at Self Edge are doing our special jeans in runs of 100 to 150 pairs not because we want to sell hype, but because we simply cannot afford to make more.

A small family run company like Self Edge cannot put up the money to produce more than that many at one time. You do realize it costs us ~$26,000 to do ONE run of a collaboration? There are very few boutiques in the world that can pay that amount of money in one lump sum, and when dealing with the Japanese, it can only be paid in one lump sum, the word "terms" is not within their vocabulary.

Just wanted to make sure our customers knew that we're producing low numbers purely because it's financially impossible for us to produce more.

Kiya, I totally understand the reasoning behind small runs, you are a small business afterall, and am in no way saying you are doing "limited editions" for the sake of limited editions, ala hype. I appreciate what your business brings to this niche market, I think I just misunderstood the popularity of that particular edition. If I was in need of jeans at the time I definitely would have bought some.

kiya,

i'm trying to decide on a new pair of jeans....

i came across the sexfh...so is it right that these will drop in june and will have a 3001ish cut but with a stronger taper and a longer inseam? (that's all i could find with research).

sorry for the question but knowing some more would help me with saving my money and not spending on some other pair which i probably will regret because the sexfh just sounds to perfect.....at least to me .:)

thanks