Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Samurai Jeans, Denim Jackets, & Tees

Samurai’s 15oz Otokogi denim is now available as a Type III jacket. These jackets are made of Samurai's custom 15oz "Otokogi" denim made of a 100% Texas cotton fiber with tightly twisted slub yarns for an amazing texture and very high unique fading potential. 

We also have new straight leg jeans in their 17oz Zero Bushido denim, blank t-shirt 2-packs, logo'd pocket tees, and socks in new colors.

Shop Samurai Online: https://www.selfedge.com/samurai

Samurai_S3000VXII_17oz_Zero_Bushido_Deni

Samurai_15oz_Otokogi_Denim_Jacket_Type_I

Samurai_15oz_Otokogi_Denim_Jacket_Type_I

Samurai_Blank_T_Shirt_2_Pack_Medium_Weig

Samurai_Blank_T_Shirt_2_Pack_Medium_Weig

Samurai_Heavyweight_Series_T-Shirt_Logo-

Samurai_Embroidered_Logo_Socks_Solid_Col

3sixteen Winter Collection

We've just received new winter flannels and alpaca knit beanies from 3sixteen along with a new run of their Double Black Classic Tapered jeans and selvedge chinos in three colors.

Shop 3sixteen Online: https://www.selfedge.com/3sixteen

3sixteen_Crosscut_Flannel_Emerald_Shaggy

3sixteen_Crosscut_Flannel_Emerald_Shaggy

3sixteen_Knit_Alpaca_Watch_Cap-01-680x10

Introducing Hermanos Koumori - Mind Tools from Mexico City

We’re happy to announce we’ll be carrying Hermonos Koumori at all 4 of our stores in the US.  This has been a brand we’ve been stocking at Self Edge Mexico for 4 years, and it’s been one of our best selling lines there for the past few seasons.  Hermanos Koumori is a graphic heavy line influenced by ancient Aztec and Mayan cultures with a heavy link to running; all types of running, mind running, physical running, spiritual running…. The line was started in 2018 in Mexico City by Alex Sandler and Alex Leon; we’ve gotten to know them very well over the years and are excited to bring their collection to the states.

Hermanos_Koumori_Short_Sleeve_T-Shirt_Az

Hermanos_Koumori_Short_Sleeve_T-Shirt_Do
Hermanos_Koumori_Short_Sleeve_T-Shirt_Do

Hermanos_Koumori_Crewneck_Sweater_Aztlan

Hermanos_Koumori_Adjustable_Cap_Monolito

On 10/25/2023 at 10:59 AM, Lalafufu said:

Same here

what happened to the imperial release

the highly anticipated and most delayed denim

Before the end of the year, we promise.  If we don't get them out before then we promise to give them away for free. 

Merz B. Schwanen Winter Collection

Merz B. Schwanen’s line of knitwear is back for the winter season.

First up we have two beautiful heavy merino wool and cashmere sweaters in two seasonal colors. These sweaters are soft, cozy, and have a slightly oversized fit.

We also have two different merino wool beanies, each in its own color and knit style along with a new production run of their Merino Wool loopwheeled t-shirts, available in black and natural.

Shop Merz B Schwanen Online: https://www.selfedge.com/merz-b-schwanen

Merz_b._Schwanen_Merino_Cashmere_Ribbed_

Merz_b._Schwanen_Merino_Cashmere_Crewnec

Merz_b._Schwanen_Merino_Cashmere_Crewnec

merz_b_merino_nat_xl_01-680x1025.jpg

merz_b_merino_blk_xl_03-1025x680.jpg

Merz_B._Schwanen_Loopwheeled_Boxer_Brief

Merz_B._Schwanen_Loopwheeled_Boxer_Brief

Merz_B._Schwanen_Cashmere_Wool_Beanie_Ri

Merz_B._Schwanen_Merino_Wool_Beanie_Ribb

Introducing Devoa - Textile Research & Development from Japan

Devoa is a Japanese artisanal clothing line which was started in 2006 by Daisuke Nishida, the same year we started Self Edge. Nishida majored in psychology and minored in human anatomy studies, but after college followed his passion of wrestling and ended up becoming a professional wrestler, then coached wrestling for years. As a side job Nishida worked in high end retail stores and showrooms in Tokyo for years and in 2006 quit wrestling and retail to start his own clothing line. The basis of Devoa is the exploration of the human anatomy with a high focus on textile design. Nishida is extremely hands-on with the line and fully involved in all design, sourcing, production, and even wholesaling duties. We’re excited to bring Devoa to all five Self Edge stores starting this week, definitely stop in and check out the line, much of it needs to be seen in person to be fully appreciated.

What you see online is what is available at our four stores in the states, we have a completely different selection of Devoa at our Mexico store. New releases from Devoa will be landing at all stores every 3 months.

Shop Devoa Online: https://www.selfedge.com/devoa

Devoa_AFTERLIFE_Jacket_Yak_Alpaca_Wool_K

Devoa_SOOTHSAYER_Jacket_Goose_Filled_Fun

Devoa_LOVECRAFTIAN_Coat_High_Density_Cot

Devoa_SUBSECOND_Super_Wide_Pants_Japanes

3sixteen Steel Tencel Liner Jacket

3sixteen liner jackets have landed and they’re looking real good.  These are inspired by vintage military liners and are made of a cotton-filled quilted tencel outer with a cotton liner. Available now at all stores

3sixteen_Liner_Jacket_Steel_Tencel-001-6
3sixteen_Liner_Jacket_Steel_Tencel-005-6
3sixteen_Liner_Jacket_Steel_Tencel-01-68
3sixteen_Liner_Jacket_Steel_Tencel-06-68

STRIKE GOLD WINTER FLANNELS & LOOPWHEELED SWEATERS 

The Strike Gold GREEN STATOID winter flannel has landed.  Due to our chip strap aversion we had these made exclusively for our stores without chin straps and matching pocket shapes.  These are made of a soft single-brushed outer medium weight selvedge flannel made of a short staple cotton and finished with two buttoned chest pockets.

We've also received a full restock of all loopwheeled hoodies and sweaters, available now in black, oatmeal, and gray.

Shop Strike Gold Online: https://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/manufacturer/info&manufacturer_id=43

Strike_Gold_GREEN_STATOID_Winter_Flannel

Strike_Gold_GREEN_STATOID_Winter_Flannel

SG_HOODIE_BLK_01-683x1026.JPG

SE%20HOME%20FEATURE%202017_0014_HEAVY%20

SG_GREY_HOODIE_01-682x1025.jpg

SG_CREW_BLK_01-683x1026.JPG

SG_OAT_01-682x1022.jpg

1 hour ago, Cold Summer said:

Yow, that SG flannel looks terrific, probably my favorite new flannel I've seen in a while. Measurements aren't showing up though.

The updated site is looking good too!

Thank you!  Measurements are up now: http://www.selfedge.com/strike-gold?product_id=3412

THE BUZZ RICKSON WINTER COLLECTION 

A large winter delivery from Buzz Rickson just landed at our five stores.  

We've got new William Gibson x Buzz Rickson chambray shirts, watch caps, and chinos along with Buzz Rickson 1960's style military jacket liners, pea coats, and a full restock of all basics such as crewneck sweaters, socks, and beanies. 

Shop Buzz Rickson Online: http://www.selfedge.com/buzz-rickson

Buzz_Rickson_x_William_Gibson_Black_USN_

Buzz_Rickson_x_William_Gibson_Black_USN_

BR_BLUE_01-682x1025.jpg

BR_BLUE_01_03-602x400.jpg

Buzz_Rickson_Type_CWU-9_P_1960s_Jacket_L

Buzz_Rickson_Type_CWU-9_P_1960s_Jacket_L

BR_PEACOAT_001-680x1025.jpg

BUZZ_RICKSON_NAVY_PEA_COAT_USN_1910S_MOD

Buzz_Rickson_M-1951_Field_Trousers-001-6

Buzz_Rickson_M-1951_Field_Trousers-01-26

BR_black_Chino_Pants-1-680x1025.jpg

BR_black_Chino_Pants-4-265x400.jpg

br_sweatshirt_gray_001-680x1025.jpg

Buzz_Rickson_Flatlock_Seam_Crewneck_Swea

Buzz_Rickson_US_Gov._Issue_WWII_Wool_Cot

IRON HEART WINTER COLLECTION OF SHIRTS & THERMALS 

Iron Heart delivers a new set of Ultra-Heavy flannels, chambray and mock twist twill shirts, and a fresh run of their super nice heavy thermal shirts in two colors.  

Shop Iron Heart Online: https://www.selfedge.com/iron-heart

Iron_Heart_Ultra-Heavy_Snap_Buttoned_Fla

Iron_Heart_Ultra-Heavy_Snap_Buttoned_Fla

Iron_Heart_Chambray_Work_Shirt_IHSH-363-

Iron_Heart_Western_Shirt_IHSH-367-BLK_Bl

Iron_Heart_Extra_Heavy_Cotton_Knit_Therm

ih_heavy_thermal_large_01-680x1025.jpg

FLAT HEAD WINTER FLANNELS & THE DELRAISER SHINKI HORSEHIDE JACKET 

We've got a couple of new winter flannels this week from Flat Head made of a newly developed pattern that's looking real nice.   We've also received a small restock of the highly coveted horsehide Delraiser jacket.  Available now at all stores in limited numbers.

Shop Flat Head Online: https://www.selfedge.com/the-flat-head

Flat_Head_AGEISM_Heavy_Winter_Flannel_Wo

Flat_Head_GENGAP_Heavy_Winter_Flannel_We

fh_delraiser_40_03-682x1022.jpg

FLAT_HEAD_DELRAISER_HORSEHIDE_JACKET-01-

NEW ARRIVALS FROM SUGAR CANE, WHITESVILLE, & BUZZ RICKSON 

Toyo just hit us with a large delivery of special edition jackets, long sleeve t-shirts, flannels, and jeans from Sugar Cane, Whitesville, and Buzz Rickson.  Now at all stores!

Shop Sugar Cane: https://www.selfedge.com/sugar-cane

Shop Whitesville: http://www.selfedge.com/whitesville

Shop Buzz Rickson: http://www.selfedge.com/buzz-rickson

Buzz_Rickson_30th_Anniversary_M-51_Jacke

Sugar_Cane_Twill_Check_Flannel_Lot._2915

Sugar_Cane_Fiction_Romance_Twill_Check_F

Whitesville_Pocket_T-Shirt_Long_Sleeve_W

Whitesville_Pocket_T-Shirt_Long_Sleeve_B

Sugar_Cane_1947_Jean_Black-Black_Self_Ed

Sugar_Cane_Cowhide_Leather_Belt_Black_St

3SIXTEEN X SCHOTT 20YR HORSEHIDE PERFECTO + DENIM SHIRTS & JEANS 

3sixteen's eighth annual collaboration with Schott NYC coincides with their 20th anniversary, and this season they’ve worked with Nick Horween to develop a new horsehide recipe for this jacket. The leather starts out as a deep black color with little brown undertones which are visible when the jacket is new, ensuring that this thing will age beautifully. The jacket is finished with brass zippers, nickel snaps, black satin lining, a hidden inner chest pocket, and has had the epaulets and belt removed. 

Also from 3sixteen we have new denim crosscut western shirts, classic tapered indigo denim jeans, and a new version of their short sleeve henley tees which are now rinsed.

3sixteen_x_Schott_20yr_Anniversary_Horse

se-black-friday-2023.jpg

THE SELF EDGE BLACK FRIDAY SALE - THIS WEEKEND!

This weekend we're running a Black Friday sale from Friday through Monday. This will be the last time we're discounting anything this year. Come by the store and see all our new collections and enjoy a 15% off sale on everything (except Good Art).

Everything will be marked down 15% for four days; come by and check out our new goods, we even have some new winter collections in stock from many of the brands we carry.

Self Edge Online Store Sale: Starts: 9am (PST) Friday, November 24 / Ends: 9am (PST) Tuesday, November 28

Sale in-store and online will be 15% off (excludes hems/repairs/Good Art). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 15% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday November 24, the coupon code will be good until 9am (PST) Tuesday, November 28. Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not currently in stock.

Coupon Code for 15% off: BF23

Shop Online: https://www.selfedge.com

13 minutes ago, reallypeacedoff said:

Yes! Have a pair in the cart waiting but will head up to SELA to try some others. 

Side note: your product filter system is so nice Kiya. Really helps when trying to slim down the perfect pair. 

Thank you so much! We really tried to use all the specs for jeans and tees to help narrow down what you're looking for due to high number of choices.

Really interesting in that latest Flat Head flannel (grey/black ageism), but I've never owned Flat Head. I remember trying them on in store once and everything was too small but the measurements look like a 40 would work. Has their flannels gotten bigger?  My other Ultra Heavy Flannels from Iron Heart are XL. Should I go 42 to be on the safe side... also to help with any shrinking?

Edited by cadence
Link didn't work. Updated with description instead.

1 minute ago, cadence said:

Really interesting in that latest Flat Head flannel, but I've never owned Flat Head. I remember trying them on in store once and everything was too small but the measurements look like a 40 would work. Has their flannels gotten bigger?  My other Ultra Heavy Flannels from Iron Heart are XL. Should I go 42 to be on the safe side... also to help with any shrinking?

Flat Head's flannels have increased in sizing over the past few years, so they're not as small as they used to be.  With a cold wash and air/line dry you'll get about half a size of shrinkage over 4 to 8 washes.

Just picked up an Oiled Whipcord N1 Deck Jacket (Olive) at Self Edge SF and love it. 

I expected to be a Large, given IH shirts in XL (most have said to size down on the N1). But XL fits well -- slightly big with a tee shirt but perfect with a long sleeve shirt or flannel.

Appreciate that IH chose not to line the sleeves with alpaca. The quilted satin lining is perfect -- less bulky and more comfortable.

Thanks Kiya.  Really good service from Nicholas and Paolo today -- helpful and knowledgeable.  Online shopping has taken over, but it was great to get into the store on a clear day in San Francisco and pork out on a carnitas burrito in the Mission District after visiting the store.

19 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Just picked up an Oiled Whipcord N1 Deck Jacket (Olive) at Self Edge SF and love it. 

I expected to be a Large, given IH shirts in XL (most have said to size down on the N1). But XL fits well -- slightly big with a tee shirt but perfect with a long sleeve shirt or flannel.

Appreciate that IH chose not to line the sleeves with alpaca. The quilted satin lining is perfect -- less bulky and more comfortable.

Thanks Kiya.  Really good service from Nicholas and Paolo today -- helpful and knowledgeable.  Online shopping has taken over, but it was great to get into the store on a clear day in San Francisco and pork out on a carnitas burrito in the Mission District after visiting the store.

You'll love that deck jacket, it's one of the best outerwear pieces we've ever carried.  I know it was chaotic in there but we appreciate you making the trip in today!

2 hours ago, evor1 said:

i made a purchase at the sf store while vising my parents but i live in los angeles.  I may want to exchange for a size up.  can i do this at the la store?

Email us with what the item is and what size you need, when it was purchased and we'lll do our best to sort you out quickly.

1 hour ago, kiya said:

Email us with what the item is and what size you need, when it was purchased and we'lll do our best to sort you out quickly.

Ok thanks.  Let me ask you first.  I purchased the darkshadow pod shorts in black.  Based on how they fit now I do not want them to get any smaller in the waist.  After a soak/wash I know they will shrink but do they end up stretching back fully?  if not then I will want to size up 1.

Edited by evor1