Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Are there still SEXI04's in stock?

In limited sizes, yes..

If you want a pair, i'd get one quick, there are no more restocks and we're selling these just as fast now as we did when we released them:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33&zenid=c8a4a99d35e6ab9bad95b8b369d3e145

Why is flat head still producing the 3001? I thought (assumed) the f310 (as the "new 3001") was replacing it...?

Are there any differences other than the type of thread used, back patch and pocket shape?

Here's the story...

Original 3001 > The 'New' 3001 a.k.a. Frontier Series 310 > The jean formerly known as F310 re-issued 3001 with Frontier Series stitching > Apocalypse

The end is nigh.

29 assuming you are going according to your true waist size.

Sid is correct.

Once a week we're going to be doing a mega-post with all the updates in one post within this thread...

The Dry Bones Red-D Slim Jeans have just been launched...

Shit is beyond hot.

Info on the jeans and more Dry Bones:

http://www.selfedge.com/2008/02/dry-bones-red-d-slim-jeans.php

The product page with prices, measurements, and more photos:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72&zenid=6e3720d5963888853cd672d4dfd6c707

S.L. is wearing them one size above his normal size (usual size = 28, size being worn = 29)

dp580_01-744102.jpg

Just got the newest issue of Lightning (Flat Head Special Issue) at Self Edge if anybody needs one..

$20.. email or call us if you need one...

DSC01460-758604.JPG

DSC01461-1-758622.jpg

Introducing the new Imperial Shearer Jeans..

http://www.selfedge.com/2008/02/imperial-shearer-jeans-new-model.php

More Info, Specs, etc:

In Indigo:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=272

In Black:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=273

shearer_indigo_01.jpg

shearer_indigo_02.jpg

shearer_black_04.jpg

shearer_indigo_04.jpg

Sugar Cane, Skull, Flat Head, Imperial, & Dry Bones Restocks

We got restocks from Sugar Cane, Dry Bones, Imperial, Flat Head, and Skull this week of some of our favorite items, all available now in-store and in our online store.

There also will be a partial Iron Heart restock on March 3rd (634s, Riders Jackets Black & Indigo, & Belts).

Imperial

Dukes

Kings

SEXI04 (last of the production over-run)

Sugar Cane

Okinawa

Tan Belt

Tan Belt w/ Studs

Black Belt

Black Belt w/Studs

Flat Head

Black/White Houndstooth

Black/Red Houndstooth

Tan Belts

Sterling Silver Key Hooks

Skull

Tan Mid-Length Wallet

Dry Bones

Guitar Wolf Jeans

Black Jet Jacket

New Guitar Wolf Tees (in-store only)

Here's the story...

Original 3001 > The 'New' 3001 a.k.a. Frontier Series 310 > The jean formerly known as F310 re-issued 3001 with Frontier Series stitching > Apocalypse

The end is nigh.

My head just exploded. Now how am I going to write a thesis?

Just a general thought about Self Edge online shop: I would like to buy their denim - great jeans and great cuts - but they are dead for me until I'll be able to get them chainstiched online - Whats the point of paying 300$ jeans and not be able to get that.

BiG does it - but they dont have brands you cary... me so sad...

^ I think that kiya will chainstich them for you if you tell him how much you want taken off of the inseam.

This is untrue. Chainstitching will be done to store only purchases. You can buy from the online store and send them back to be chainstitched, however.

-Jake

Chainstitching for mail-orders will be available very soon.

Once hemmed there are no exchanges available, and the hemming will cost $15.

The hemming is still free if the jeans were bought in-store.

We anticipate some seriously upset people once we start this process due to the current level of size exchanges we get; and besides the exchanging of waist sizes, there will also be people that don't read the product page close enough and not realize that the jeans will shrink up to 3" in length after being washed.

Kiya,

I suggest that you make it very clear for when people request hemming, if they are giving the "pre-wash" or "post-wash" length, or if they should specify.

The length you specify is where we will hem the jeans.

How much the denim will shrink is up to the customer depending on what they do to the jean.

We have a varied customer base, some customers actually dry clean all their jeans, so shrinking isn't an issue, some do hot soaks, some do cold soaks.

We will hem the jeans at the length specified by the customer, and each product page gives you exact maximum shrinking and stretching specifications on every jean.

:confused:

Chainstitching for mail-orders will be available very soon.

Once hemmed there are no exchanges available, and the hemming will cost $15.

The hemming is still free if the jeans were bought in-store.

We anticipate some seriously upset people once we start this process due to the current level of size exchanges we get; and besides the exchanging of waist sizes, there will also be people that don't read the product page close enough and not realize that the jeans will shrink up to 3" in length after being washed.

Kiya, this may have been answered before, or you may not want to answer, which is of course fine; but what is the reason for not chain stitching mail orders. Is it just to avoid the headache of people messing up in giving you the lengths?

He said he anticipates confusion, not that the reason they did not do it is because of this. If that is the reason, then something must have changed, and in that case, I am just as curious what this is.

can't speak for kiya, but i'm assuming he's chainstitching mailorders now because of the numerous requests for it. i'm sure it's a business decision.