Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

life is too short to wear nudies for six months, I feel.

Fail.

A pair of free jeans and a possible trip to Italy? Yeah, life's way to short for that. Please.

maybe you're right.

But, I mean, for a jean that's not really known for being the best quality (WHERE IS MY CROTCH) it's ironic that it would be a six month contest.

But a trip to italy would be nice, sure.

Our chainstitching machine is scheduled to arrive at the end of this week. Once it's serviced and inspected we'll be up and running - but we take jeans for hemming 2x a week; nothing is hemmed on the spot. It may or may not be possible during your stay here. If you call us beforehand we'll see what we can do.

thanks... will do.

Shit, I'd wear Faded Glory jeans from Walmart for six months if it meant a 1 in 18 chance of a trip to Italy.

maybe you're right.

But, I mean, for a jean that's not really known for being the best quality (WHERE IS MY CROTCH) it's ironic that it would be a six month contest.

But a trip to italy would be nice, sure.

I don't know if you have roamed around this forum, but there are plenty of crotch blowouts on all brands of jeans. Sammy's, warehouse, PBJ. If you have people wearing a pair of jeans everyday, undersized, then your gonna get crotch blowouts. I would totally do this contest if I lived in the bay area and I guarantee I would be kickin it in Italy after the judging of the contest. Not to brag or anything.

sacramento too far?

The 2009 Nudie Jeans Contest.

This is a contest put together by Nudie Jeans themselves.

They've picked a handful of Nudie retailers across the world and each retailer must have ONE person wear a pair of Slim JIm Dry Japan jeans for exactly six months starting August 1st, you'll get the jeans free of charge to wear.

After six months Nudie will pick a winner and give them a free trip to Italy paid for by Nudie.

Self Edge is one of the retailers which was picked (only about 8 total in the US) so we're looking for somebody to make us proud and win a trip to Italy. You must be within the Bay Area. If you don't have a Superfuture account please email us at denim @ selfedge.com

We need somebody within the next week, who's down and why?

We've already picked somebody, we'll announce it on monday..

strolled into self-edge ny last night, very friendly and knowledgeable staff. was disappointed to find out mr freedom doesnt go up to XXL.

won't be in town for the grand opening party, but i hope it all goes well. best of luck to kiya & co

Mr Freedom does, I have a CPO shirt XXL....

hey kiya, do you ever get these in?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/beaman-type-l/

I saw these in person on my last trip to Japan and seriously didn't think they were designed well. It's a bit odd in the way the leather is folded together to create the wallet.

New Heavy Duty Things at Self Edge

Over the past few weeks we've had some great new things from all the lines which we carry including a few highly anticipated items.

From our in-house line we've done a gray flannel version of the popular Never On Sunday shirt along with denim caps lined with gray flannel or Liberty of London fabric.

Dry Bones brings us a new short sleeve Black Twist Chambray Short Sleeve and a restock of the Tan Leather Bracelet.

Motorcycle road warriors Iron Heart have made a second run of the 301s and 9301 slim fit jeans, both are now available with also a full restock of their belts, jeans, & jackets.

Sugar Cane has impressed us again with their newest jean model, the 2009 Straight Fitted. A great straight leg jean that's slightly slim and fitted throughout the body made of a new 12oz Japanese Pure Indigo selvedge denim. Also from Sugar Cane we've received a restock of the Black Pin Check Short Sleeve Shirt and their popular belts in both tan and black, both studded and non-studded.

Rin Tanaka has released a new My Freedamn! book; on volume 8 he explores the world of 1960's casual wear culture, 50's and 60's motorcycle fashion, Easy Rider fashion, and more. If you're into vintage fashion or vintage garment production Mr. Tanaka's books are invaluable and the best of this type of book filled with hundreds of photos and text in both English and Japanese.

We've also received a restock of Mister Freedom's Denim CPO Overshirt, Indigo Chambray Utility Shirt, Deadstock T-Shirts, and Shore Jackets. This will be the last restock of these items as stock is running low and these are the last remaining items.

All these items are now available at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. SENY also has a gray version of the Dry Bones Twist Chambray that can be phone ordered from our NY store, also the Self Edge Mr. Lucky Denim Cap is available now at SENY and will be available at SESF August 15th.

www.selfedge.com/shop

Self Edge Never on Sunday Flannel

se_pote_01_web-701417.jpg

se_pote_03_web-780795.jpg

se_pote_05_web-780736.jpg

Dry Bones Black Twist Chambray

db_black_01_web-723319.jpg

db_black_03_web-751377.jpg

Dry Bones Tan Leather Bracelet

db_bracelet-786095.jpg

Iron Heart 301s & 9301

ironheart_slim_indigo_01_web-774432.jpg

ironheart_slim_blk_01_web-774379.jpg

Sugar Cane 2009 - Straight Fitted

sugarcane_47_II_01_web-759715.jpg

sugarcane_47_II_02_web-738250.jpg

Sugar Cane Black Pin Check Short Sleeve

sc_blk_ss_01_web-754198.jpg

sc_blk_ss_03_web-754138.jpg

Rin Tanaka's My Freedamn! 8

rincover-781595.jpg

rincover_02-781549.jpg

Mister Freedom Indigo Chambray Utility Shirt

mf_shirt_blue_01_web-712596.jpg

mf_shirt_blue_03_web-712536.jpg

Mister Freedom Denim CPO Overshirt

MF_cpo_02_web-751214.jpg

MF_cpo_03_web-751165.jpg

Mister Freedom Shore Coat

mf_coat_03_web-733556.jpg

mf_coat_08_web-733497.jpg

I just feel like I had a ridiculous de ja vu. I wonder why.

Are all those goodies at SENY as well?

Yes sir, almost all those items are also at SENY.