Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Guest Fade to Black
Is that a good or bad thing FTB ? :( I wear them low... I size down for those and they're pretty tight as it is... so it's not like I've got a baggy pair or sized up! Does Mike look very Dior? :D

Close up pics tomorrow when there's daylight and I'm not so tired!

it's neither a good or bad thing, i certainly didn't mean it as an insult as i dig your style...but it just doesn't look like the effect one would be buying a pair of Dior jeans for, that's all. It's not a problem...if you like it that's fine as you mix it into your everyday style well.

to be honest, the way i wear dior isn't very dior either for everyday...just a basic look...unless i'm wearin the full suit or the distressed turtleneck.

I guess you're right, as a lot of people wear Dior and "dress up", maybe Minya for example. But for me, I dress down. I like Dior purely because of their cuts, and for me they suit my style and the way I like to wear them. I mean you saw the nightmare I had with my previous 2 pairs (r45rpm and Samurai)...

Guest Fade to Black
I don't really see anything special about the 21cm or the Italian made Diors. I tried the 21cms and they were nothing special. It seems like the best cut, and the most "Dior", is the jap 19cm. Why anyone would pay the premium for anything else is beyond me.

well i think it depends on your body shape too...the 21 cm is still a flattering if somewhat looser version of the 19 cm look, and if you're taller like me often times it is a more balanced look than goin into some razor slim 19 cms...hedi himself has demonstrated wearin the 21s with flair in quite a few of his pics. However if you're shorter and really thin then of course i would suggest goin for 19 cm for best effect. just depends on your look and style.

also the jeans from earlier seasons were cut a lot baggier, so the 19 cm i find looks a lot like what the 21 cms do today...it's still a dior look but just different interpretation.

well i think it depends on your body shape too...the 21 cm is still a flattering if somewhat looser version of the 19 cm look, and if you're taller like me often times it is a more balanced look than goin into some razor slim 19 cms...hedi himself has demonstrated wearin the 21s with flair in quite a few of his pics. However if you're shorter and really thin then of course i would suggest goin for 19 cm for best effect. just depends on your look and style.

also the jeans from earlier seasons were cut a lot baggier, so the 19 cm i find looks a lot like what the 21 cms do today...it's still a dior look but just different interpretation.

Yeah, and I think that lots of people on here look great in their 21s. For me they didn't work so well, but you're right, I'm not very tall and that's probably why.

It just doesn't make sense to me that people would buy them over all the other jeans out there with similar cuts and much lower price tags. For me the 19cm is where it's at, and is worth the price.

dsc006088oe2.th.jpg

dsc005999td5.th.jpg

you guys are going to think im nuts. i already have a pair of raw 19 japanese 19s size 31, and many of you will look at the pictures below and think they are already baggy. however, as you will see from the attached pics of me in my washed new standarts, the ones above the text, which are a 31 and although a little bagg are perfect for me, i like my clothes smart but comfy.

i basically have a tiny waist, my 19's can be pulled off me without unbuttoning, but i play a lot of sport so have huge huge thighs.

dscn0217hj8.th.jpg

dscn0216jz2.th.jpg

dscn0218vm1.th.jpg

dscn0209mr7.th.jpg

so bascially i find my size 31's too uncomfy too wear, although i think they look great in the pictures ive given, they are just too fitted for me- i cant move properly. you can tell from the ns my kind of style, casual conservative with a twists, lots of blazers, alexander mcqueen is my favourite designer,

so ill either sell my diors or give them to my bro.

what should i get instead. i was thinking of 32 or 33, only in the 19 cut, i like my jeans tapered, bu cant decide between these two sizes or whether to go with japanese or italian (i much prefere the japanese but if i can wear it due to the stiffness!!!)

i love the details of the dior but i just find them hard to wear- so what would you recommend i got. also taking into account how happy i am with my washed NS, although i could easily fit into a 30, what size raw NS should i get.

cheers for the advice on both these points.

I am 5.10, 150 pounds, large thighs

ps i like the way these guys rock their jeans (sorry for using images.

imgp0304hs3.th.jpg

picture005vp9.th.jpg

you guys are going to think im nuts. i already have a pair of raw 19 japanese 19s size 31, and many of you will look at the pictures below and think they are already baggy. however, as you will see from the attached pics of me in my washed new standarts, the ones above the text, which are a 31 and although a little bagg are perfect for me, i like my clothes smart but comfy.

i basically have a tiny waist, my 19's can be pulled off me without unbuttoning, but i play a lot of sport so have huge huge thighs.

--

so bascially i find my size 31's too uncomfy too wear, although i think they look great in the pictures ive given, they are just too fitted for me- i cant move properly. you can tell from the ns my kind of style, casual conservative with a twists, lots of blazers, alexander mcqueen is my favourite designer,

what should i get instead. i was thinking of 32 or 33, only in the 19 cut, i like my jeans tapered, bu cant decide between these two sizes or whether to go with japanese or italian (i much prefere the japanese but if i can wear it due to the stiffness!!!)

i love the details of the dior but i just find them hard to wear- so what would you recommend i got. also taking into account how happy i am with my washed NS, although i could easily fit into a 30, what size raw NS should i get.

will they still be comfortable to wear if you size up on the waist? because if they're already falling off of you.. I personally hate jeans that are too loose in the waist, when you strap them up with a belt the waist will bunch up beneath it. so sizing up isn't a good idea in imo.

switching to 21's isn't probably a good idea either since they will be looser in the lower leg and the 19's seem to fit you well there. but they would probably be better in the thighs. its kind of hard to say since in the pics the 19's seem to fit well and the New Standards dont look much looser?

you could get the raw NS's, they fit a little looser in the thighs. but the hem will also be wider than in the 19's. sizing should be pretty similar to dior.

gusy sorry, to get my diors looking like this dudes,

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgp0304hs3.jpg

and keeping in mind what i look like in the japnese 19 31s in my above pics, to get them looking more anti fit and comfy should i size up one or two sizes, and go for the japanese or italian. i much prefere the new standard anti fit style, and i like a really stiff and angular/bunched denim, as i think it looks more interesting than the spray on fitted/stretch style

so what should i get- the main problem isnt the waste or bottom of legs, its the thighs and pockets, which are very restrictive i cant even use the pockets, although i can do up the waist anywhere- stomach hips, thighs, very easily

I have the same problem, and basically IMO, to get that look you basically need smaller thighs, which is unlikely to happen.

Sizing up to get that kind of hang around the thigh/leg will put the rest of the jean out of proportion, at least in my experience.

I'd say try the 21s

^ those are mine, in a 29, which I felt got a bit too baggy for my own taste. I guess you could say those are sized up one (those also stretched out a lot), because I just bought 28's and prefer the seat/waist fitting on those. I'm having the legs tapered in even more on my 28's so they look a little more Dior'ish.

The selvedge model seem to have a roomier seat/crotch/ever so slightly wide thigh and the smaller hems. In 29, it was about 40cm across at the waist and less than 17cm at the hems. My non-selvedge Italian 28's were 38 and 18, respectively. You can see that even though both were '19cm' models' there's quite a difference between each specific model.

If possible, I would try out a 32 in the Japanese 19's, and then see what you think for yourself. The one extra size might help you move a little easier as you want, and going Japanese will keep the hem size down.

I had never seen the italian denim, but checked it out a couple days ago as a prospective to replace my japanese 21. The denim is soooooooo different, and from what it seems, quite a bit worse....

Granted, mine are from a while back, so maybe this year is just different in general. Any thoughts?

dsc006088oe2.th.jpg

dsc005999td5.th.jpg

dscn0217hj8.th.jpg

dscn0216jz2.th.jpg

dscn0218vm1.th.jpg

dscn0209mr7.th.jpg

ps i like the way these guys rock their jeans (sorry for using images.

imgp0304hs3.th.jpg

picture005vp9.th.jpg

you are nuts.

they look great.

i say keep wearing them. they will stretch and will probably end up baggier than you thought.

hello gentlemen,

i'm trying to get ahold of some dry/undistressed 19cm jeans. I know the DH sizing is a bit funky, and am wondering if some one can answer some questions. How much can the denim stretch? Is there a stretching difference between the italians and the japanese? is there a weight difference between the two? are the waist sizes the same between the two? I'm don't know if I should get a pair of 30 or 31's. I wear size 32 in Nudie slim jims, 30 in diesel, and i think typically 32. I went to barneys (where they told me they dont carry odd sizes) and tried on a 32, it was huge, and tried on a 30 which was pretty tight. i'm not sure if i couldnt get the clasp shut or if i didnt want to damage the jeans. I want the jeans to stay pretty tight/slim. so if anyone has any advice, that would be awesome.cheers