Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

no offense dphi, but they look like regular str8 cut jeans.. gotta agree with minya on this one.
No offense taken. I honestly wasn't expecting anything Dior to be (relatively) baggy. These fit pretty close to my RRDS, which is not quite what I was wanting.

I hate to ask another sizing question since it's been beaten to death, but do the waist sizes run about the same between the Italian and the Japanese versions? I'll probably be giving the Dior store a call tomorrow and place an order while I return these, and I'm wondering if I should still size down one more.

I hate to ask another sizing question since it's been beaten to death, but do the waist sizes run about the same between the Italian and the Japanese versions? I'll probably be giving the Dior store a call tomorrow and place an order while I return these, and I'm wondering if I should still size down one more.

i have an italian 21 and a japan 19 and the waist is pretty much the same on both.

the biggest difference is in the thighs.

the waist is fairly similar on both the japanese and italian.. but if anything, like minya said i've noticed a VERY slight difference in that the japanese ones are like .5" smaller in the waist. barely noticable quite quickly considering how fast all my Diors have stretched.

the waist is fairly similar on both the japanese and italian.. but if anything, like minya said i've noticed a VERY slight difference in that the japanese ones are like .5" smaller in the waist. barely noticable quite quickly considering how fast all my Diors have stretched.
All right, looks like I'll be calling the Dior store tommorow and ordering a pair in a size 30 as it sounds like these should give me the fit I'm looking for. Thanks all.

This is the Bev Hills store? If you talk to Cort or Sean there they are very knowledgeable about the fits and stuff and should help you get the right size...

Yeah, I just talked to Cort and now I don't know what to think. He said he owns both a pair of the Italians and the Japanese and he can't see a difference in the fit. "21cms are 21cms." If only there were a Dior store here. Also, they didn't have any of the Japanese versions left in a 30.

umm dude, thats just not true. I'm not sure if there are exception but as far as I know, in the 06 line atleast, the italian models are wider in the leg than the japanese models. I've measured this myself and heard everyone else say it too.

for a sz 31 the hem of the italians measured about 1cm wider when measured across, making the opening approximately 2cm wider in circumference than in japanese made ones. because of this they are also likely to fit looser in the knees atleast.

I find it weird though that a dior sales person would say that...?

Honestly, I think every pair is not going to be the same across the board. I'm sure the 21cm Jpn and Italian are supposed to be similar and I'm sure some of them are, but making sure every jean is the same out of production is very hard I would think.

It prolly has to do with the waist size too... maybe the size he rocks got no significant fit difference... I've only tried on japanese version in 28 and 29 so I can't tell you for sure... there is a dior store here in SF but they have no DH stuff... there are only 3 DH stores in the country... :( If you have a Neiman Marcus around you they might have some DH jeans...

Yeah, he wears a 30 also, so I'd be inclined to take his advice. But with mike lowrey and minya and other people whose advice I tend to trust saying otherwise, I don't know. I'll probably just order a pair of the Japanese in a 30 from Brown's and hope for the best.

Does anyone have any pics of some well worn/faded DH raws? I know Tragic had a pair that looked like they were coming along really nicely. I've had mine since March and just started getting back into them as they're on my ass 5-6 days a week now.

It'd be nice to see something to look forward to!

i've ordered several times from them and received no fees. (due to reading the above post: I am in the US)

Be warned that you'll be tagged with duty fees if you order from Browns... well, I did, at least.

Also, I would like to comment that the Japanese and Italian tend to differ slightly, in the 19cms. I found that the Japanese were a little tighter overall and the pockets were bigger. The difference in the denim to me is negligible... I wouldn't buy Diors if I was keen on the denim being incredible anyways.. as it is not. its the fit that is so desirable to me. Again, all of the denim will say Made in Japan from now on, or so a Dior salesperson said.

what kinda of cut is it? a straight cut at the bottom right? sometimes it looks straight and sometimes a lil tapered

also, what is the best way for me to get the black raw 19cm if i live in FL? any places online?

thanks

In essence, the Dior cut is this: wider, curved yokes, low-set pockets+darting, medium-rise front+high rise back, all for a boxy crotch/saggy back effect, and then normal width thighs at the top that taper down really fast to skinny knees. Knees-hem is a fairly straight, 1-3cm taper depending on the model, but there is so much inseam from the knee-hem that the taper isn't as severe looking as it sounds...

In essence, the Dior cut is this: wider, curved yokes, low-set pockets+darting, medium-rise front+high rise back, all for a boxy crotch/saggy back effect, and then normal width thighs at the top that taper down really fast to skinny knees. Knees-hem is a fairly straight, 1-3cm taper depending on the model, but there is so much inseam from the knee-hem that the taper isn't as severe looking as it sounds...

Hi!

Does this apply to the 19 cmtoo?

I thought the whole idea of slim fit is for it to be super tight and fitting that every contour of your thighs and even your butt cheek can be seen!

Hi!

Does this apply to the 19 cmtoo?

I thought the whole idea of slim fit is for it to be super tight and fitting that every contour of your thighs and even your butt cheek can be seen!

There is such a thing as slim-boxy cuts you know. What you're describing seems like slim girl-jeans to me.

Does anyone know if there's denim that fits like Diors but with better fabric? Maybe I could replicate the fit by taking a similar fit to a tailor? For 300 bucks I want a really slubby and thick denim fabric.

There is such a thing as slim-boxy cuts you know. What you're describing seems like slim girl-jeans to me.

Does anyone know if there's denim that fits like Diors but with better fabric? Maybe I could replicate the fit by taking a similar fit to a tailor? For 300 bucks I want a really slubby and thick denim fabric.

i have both the black and blue 19cms... the denim is pretty good in both..

Can someone please explain to me why these jeans are only $240, as opposed to the $320 (after taxes) I have seen quoted earlier in the thread?

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10973260&SectionID=7000

Is it due to the fact that these are Italian, and not Japanese?

yes... the japanese are more