Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Kind of crossing my fingers here but I just dropped off my Italian 19's to get them shortened 3" and have an inseam taper that ends in a 6.25" hem (!!!!) Just hope I can get my foot through these, I'll update pics of the fit on Tuesday when I get them back. The tailor promised me he could fell the inseam properly, so we'll see....

sidneylo can u post up the measurements of ur 27' diors?

e.g. waist, hem, thigh, etc

Waist - 15" across (this is the stretching I've been doing. It was 14" when brand new)

Front Rise - 9"

Back Rise - 12.5"

Upper Thigh - 9" across

Inseam - about 36"

Knee - 6.25" across

Hem/Leg Opening - 6.266" across

Hope that helps.

Those don't look that great imo. They bunch up really, really strangely on the lower leg. If you keep them, I think you should get them hemmed much shorter.

Bunching always looks weird at first though... needs a couple of hundred squats and it might just be a better shape. Might.

Couple more notes:

-Mine fit approximately like those in the above picture, and yeah they definitely were too baggy for my liking, from the knee down. Knee on up, they were fine.

-It seems that these raw 19's in the Italian must be a cm or two larger in the hem than the same Japanese. I have a feeling the inseam might even be an inch shorter on the Japanese as well.... Seems that these are differences from the knees down, though.

-I must say though, that the Italian fit is noticeably inferior to the Japanese fit in terms of the waist-knee-hem proportions, there's not enough taper to give off that 'Dior 19cm' look that people are wanting to achieve, at least in the sz 28 I ordered... The washed models like the Luster and Dust Wash are all Japanese (?) and fit amazingly, like the Japanese raws.

For some reference to my previous picture post, I am 5'9/130lbs these days. I have no ass so they were sitting there about as low as I could go without crack. The lower legs were about as baggy in real life as in the pictures, so I hope the tailoring down to 15cm hems will remedy that...

These will probably be the last Dior jeans I buy anyway (or so I'd like to think), I'm sure I'll be interested in something else 6 months from now anyway.

very similar to when no one knew what the sizing is like on so many of the japanese brands (or even on apc's if you want to go back a year and a half ago). there was a glut of stuff on supermarket while coldrice was buying because everybody was guessing. it's kind of fun, i think. it's also cool to see how our collective intelligence grows as more and more people get the sizing correct and some of the mystery disappears.

as far as these particular jeans go, i haven't seen anyone with my body type (33~34 and over weight) wearing 21s at my size, so we'll see what happens.

sidneylo, not only do ur jeans fit u sick, but ur photography is equally dope (i checked out ur website). you're my new hero!

You're too kind. :D

Don mind me asking, how much are you guys getting yr black raw (JPN made)?

$317.71 USD after sales tax.

Yea, do post some pics when you get them. I like to see these jeans on different body types to see how the look differs. I am about a 32 waist, but have a little bigger thighs than most on the boards so I like seeing everyone post up thier fit on certain jeans, helps take away some of the guess work.

BTW, for the price those were selling at in the Supermarket, it's pretty hard not to try them!

as far as these particular jeans go, i haven't seen anyone with my body type (33~34 and over weight) wearing 21s at my size, so we'll see what happens.

i'm a 34 waist with 21s. i'll take a few pics soon.

Is that a good or bad thing FTB ? :( I wear them low... I size down for those and they're pretty tight as it is... so it's not like I've got a baggy pair or sized up! Does Mike look very Dior? :D

Close up pics tomorrow when there's daylight and I'm not so tired!