Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

^ those are mine, in a 29, which I felt got a bit too baggy for my own taste. I guess you could say those are sized up one (those also stretched out a lot), because I just bought 28's and prefer the seat/waist fitting on those. I'm having the legs tapered in even more on my 28's so they look a little more Dior'ish.

The selvedge model seem to have a roomier seat/crotch/ever so slightly wide thigh and the smaller hems. In 29, it was about 40cm across at the waist and less than 17cm at the hems. My non-selvedge Italian 28's were 38 and 18, respectively. You can see that even though both were '19cm' models' there's quite a difference between each specific model.

If possible, I would try out a 32 in the Japanese 19's, and then see what you think for yourself. The one extra size might help you move a little easier as you want, and going Japanese will keep the hem size down.

awesome response dismall future

thank you

awesome response dismall future

thank you

Same as you, I got Nudie Slim jims in waist 32 and my dior japans 19cm arrived today. Got them in waist 31 and the fit is fuckin perfect, best jeans i've bought yet. I can't do them up all teh way to the top but the fit on the thighs and calfs is perfect, jsut need them to stretch out enough to fit the waist and they will be perfect.

another factor is how you wear your jeans?I think becos i wear mine quite low they fit well, if i wore them higher they would look awful on my thighs.

My slim jims have stretched to about a 45-46 cm across the waist so if your slim jims are around that size i wouldn't go much below 31" waist.

edit:just seen you want yous to stay slim, 29's or 30 waist i would think, you want to be barely able to get them up your thighs if you want them to stay tight. the jeans arent really made to be skin tight,more slouchy and slim fitted.

If i am a 28/29 in thin finn and 29 in new cure what size should i go with in dior 29? 28? 27?

I don't want them baggy at all or stretch out and become baggy. but maybe a little slouch. And new cure 28s don't fit me in the waist, Also could someone messure their 29's laid flat.

thanks.

29's are gonna be about 40-41'ish cms across, about 26-27cm at the top of the thighs, and about 20 at the knees. Then the hem depends on whether you've got Italians or Japanese, 17-18'ish cm.

How does one stop their Dior Homme denim from bleeding the fuck all over one's expensive suede shoes? Indigo on grey suede = not cool.

ha you think thats bad, what about ligh beige alcantara car seats? :mad:

I have to do some heavy cleaning and get something to sit on if I intend to keep using raw denim :rolleyes:

Im comparing them to my 29 new cure and seem a bit larger thanks a lot for your help man il probably go with the 28's. Does anyone have messurments for 28's laid flat and 27's?

My 28's are 38cm across the waist and then a cm narrower from the thigh down than the 29's. Keep in mind the Diors will stretch maybe an inch and shrink back as much, whereas APC's stretch a lot more.

Can someone tell me the real difference between the Japanese and Italian denim? I have both and in all honesty I can't tell the difference between them at all. My Japanese fit tighter than the Italian (even though someone said the Italian were looser!) But apart from that I can't tell the difference at all. What exactly do people feel is inferior when it comes to the Italian? Or are we just propogating an online myth?

My Japanese fit tighter than the Italian (even though someone said the Italian were looser!)

?

I kind of agree with you though, it really is a pretty miniscule difference if any apart from the fit issues. I might be led to believe that the dye job on the Japanese is a bit better and richer looking, it's pretty apparent on the indigo models.

Can someone tell me the real difference between the Japanese and Italian denim? I have both and in all honesty I can't tell the difference between them at all. My Japanese fit tighter than the Italian (even though someone said the Italian were looser!) But apart from that I can't tell the difference at all. What exactly do people feel is inferior when it comes to the Italian? Or are we just propogating an online myth?

probably isn't any. People just see "made in Japan" and start imagining things. Whatever small differences there might be, they will use to say how much better the Japanese denim is, even though the difference is merely a difference, not necessarily a pro or a con.

Country of origin has no relevance.

Rise is smaller on my Italian coal drill 19cms compared to my japanese 19cms. The pockets on the Italians are also smaller. The Japanese does seem to be cut slightly smaller on the leg, but only slightly, they look the same but when you put them on you notice the difference. Those are the differences I've noticed between the two. Not major ones, but slight ones.

Same as you, I got Nudie Slim jims in waist 32 and my dior japans 19cm arrived today. Got them in waist 31 and the fit is fuckin perfect, best jeans i've bought yet. I can't do them up all teh way to the top but the fit on the thighs and calfs is perfect, jsut need them to stretch out enough to fit the waist and they will be perfect.

Silly question perhaps, but how do you plan to stretch out the waist of jeans that you can't button closed? I ask because I sometimes get stuck buying jeans too baggy in the thighs since going down a waist size would seem imposible.

Silly question perhaps, but how do you plan to stretch out the waist of jeans that you can't button closed? I ask because I sometimes get stuck buying jeans too baggy in the thighs since going down a waist size would seem imposible.

lol,not really too sure either,did it on someones reccomendations altho i cant remember where i read it!im hoping that as i do the buttons up theyll stretch enuf until i can do up the clasp. if i oull htem up i can do up the clasp, but i wear them low.

well can someone answer my question...?

So I want to buy a pair of 19cm brut Italians... I wear a 28-29 in diesel... I checked browns website and they only have a 29 in stock, no 28... Wil a 29 be alright do you guys think?

I am 6 feet, 148 pounds.

Thanks.

I'm roughly the same height/size as you -- I measure my waist to a 32" -- I wear 32" in helmut lang, etc. I have the 21cm brut italians in 30" if that helps. Generally, I think the italians are 2 sizes below true waist.

--k

Guest Fade to Black
New APC clusterfuck-style thread in the making?

heh i was thinkin the same thing...Dior is becoming the new APC. Looks like it's time to pack my shit and move on...

heh i was thinkin the same thing...Dior is becoming the new APC. Looks like it's time to pack my shit and move on...

Let's hope that buy-in price of a Dior will slow down the APC effect on this thread. :cool:

Guest Fade to Black
pardon me but is there such a thing as Chanel Homme?

yeah....i'm not to clear on it but apparently it's a lot of the womens stuff just made in smaller men's sizes. There's also some standalone mens pieces, just basics nothing special...i dunno i've always saw Chanel is a couture house for women, i'm not feelin the attempted appropriation of the clothes for men. I've seen some of the pieces used for photo shoots to some androgynous effect on the men, i don't think it's emasculating at all and comes across as too fashion whore-ish.

There's also rumors of Hedi going to Chanel to do menswear after leaving Dior, although I don't know how likely that's gonna be...if anything I'd love to see Hedi start his own line, under his own creative umbrella.

yeah....i'm not to clear on it but apparently it's a lot of the womens stuff just made in smaller men's sizes. There's also some standalone mens pieces, just basics nothing special...i dunno i've always saw Chanel is a couture house for women, i'm not feelin the attempted appropriation of the clothes for men. I've seen some of the pieces used for photo shoots to some androgynous effect on the men, i don't think it's emasculating at all and comes across as too fashion whore-ish.

There's also rumors of Hedi going to Chanel to do menswear after leaving Dior, although I don't know how likely that's gonna be...if anything I'd love to see Hedi start his own line, under his own creative umbrella.

Same here, anyway thanks for the info!

Guest Fade to Black
fade to black, looking in your direction.

sorry didn't see this earlier...

nope, all the o. overdye models are made in italy...there are 19 cms, but also italian made.

there's been a difference in denim used apparently...VotC used Japanese denim from what I've been told and thus has a rougher, sturdier texture. They also hold their shape up better. S/S 05 and F/W 05-06 used Australian denim according to the DH website during this period...don't have the f/w 05 but the s/s 05 stretch a lot and have become baggy with extensive wear.

For the f/w 06-07 dust wash, i'm told Japanese denim was used, but they're also made in Italy.