Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

I'm roughly the same height/size as you -- I measure my waist to a 32" -- I wear 32" in helmut lang, etc. I have the 21cm brut italians in 30" if that helps. Generally, I think the italians are 2 sizes below true waist.

--k

So I am guessing since I normally wear a 28-29, a 29 in DH 19cm italians would be way too big????

Thanks.

As I mentioned I wasn't particularly pleased with the lower leg fit of my Italian blacks, so I had a tailor lop off 2" of inseam and re-taper them tighter... I was a bit worried this weekend that they'd be a write-off and that I was asking for too much, but they came back better than expected. They now measure about 15cm across the hem, and the tailor re-did the entire inseam and properly felled/lockstitched it all, so it looks boxfresh. They fit much better than before, and the upper leg fit was unaffected... I'm keen on these now, my selvage will take a rest I suppose.

edit- The tailoring job only cost me about $15 :D

Before: (out of the box Dior Italian 19cm)

MyPicture-2.jpg

Now, hemmed, and re-tapered to 15cm:

Diorblackaftertailor.jpg

They look great dis!

Oh and I really hope this thread turns sour and eventually turns me off to Dior denim soon!... I'm friggin' this close to breaking my "no-new denim" oath!!!

::crosses fingers and hopes for APC effect::

They look great dis!

Oh and I really hope this thread turns sour and eventually turns me off to Dior denim soon!... I'm friggin' this close to breaking my "no-new denim" oath!!!

::crosses fingers and hopes for APC effect::

Dude, we're getting there... 34 pages and the last five have been wasters....

I think I feel in love with my Dior's again. Over the summer of got a pair of 19cm then around sept I took a break from them. Ugghh figures I would fall back in love with them when the Samurai denim contest starts.

"undo the darts on the sides"................

hey guys just wanted to let you know that those "darts" that you so eloquently refer to are called scars in the dior homme world.

Q: Why would you want to eliminate those considering they're Dior's trademark?

Dior Homme Japanese Unwashed Dark Indigo 19cm

Well I just got my pair of 21cm Italians in 31 (my Nudie size) and they're too big. Debating whether to return them for 30s or just get my money back. I'm just not sure the fit is for me. I was really hoping they'd be tighter in the thighs. Are the 19cms tighter in the thigh and then straightish leg all the way down, or are they about the same in the thigh and just tapered more?

edit-

I don't know, maybe the fit's not too bad. Here's a picture so you guys can give me your opinions. I'm still not sold on tapered jeans, which is why I didn't go with the 19cms.

dior.jpg

^HAY DOOD I think yur right i hurd about them scars

LOL...

ramoer: these jeans are not cheap but 300 is pretty average around here... just go check out the 45rpm thread if you wanna justify them diors... :) and are they jap or italian? pics?

I just bought a pair of 19cm black from the bev hills store, but today I am going through post-purchase guilt. Granted they fit and look great, but how do I justify owning a pair of 300 dollar jeans??

By realizing how sexy they'll look when worn. :cool:

At least that's what I tell myself as I lunge and stretch these suckers.

Well I just got my pair of 21cm Italians in 31 (my Nudie size) and they're too big. Debating whether to return them for 30s or just get my money back. I'm just not sure the fit is for me. I was really hoping they'd be tighter in the thighs. Are the 19cms tighter in the thigh and then straightish leg all the way down, or are they about the same in the thigh and just tapered more?
Those don't look that great, in my opinion. IMO you shouldn't have bought the Italian 21cm's; they're downright baggy. The Japanese 21cm's are definitely much slimmer (well, not 19cm tapered-skinny, but noticeably slimmer) all throughout the leg.