MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries in lightening the pics. I was in a hurry this morning, those pics were taken before sunrise and lighting in my house is shit.

Ed, I went true to size. And the waist shrunk more than I expected. The inseam not so much.

On the part of the back pocket tag that goes into the back pocket, it says circa 1954, which is probably dating the denim.

so the riders i bought of sea bass arrived yesterday.everything as expected apart from a similar fault like on ThisSundays first pair:

P4250166.jpg

P4250167.jpg

also the left backpocket outterseam,but on the top.lookes to me like some sloppy stitching.nothing to worry about and fixed in minutes.

overall i am very happy to wear them now whenever i want,six weeks in the DD+2 got me really hooked.:)

EDIT:pics quoted from TS.

cheers! its the first pair that i am completely satisfied with both fit and comfort with.my Okinawa for example is comfortable but on pics you see big hipflares(not that i mind it that much),my Denime 66 fits spot on but is in no way as convenient to wear as the Oki or the MF.PaulT impressions sums it up perfect in DD+2 tour.

funny thing is that they got delivered straight to my door,while the DD+2 got stuck at the customs.i noticed that all stuff coming from overseas packed in boxes goes via customs,while envelopes(this pair came in a large padded one)goes through.any german made a similar experience?

props to sea bass to sell me his pair for a great price(ripped backpocket was easily fixed).

2.5 inches of shrinking! Is it just me, or is that a decent bit? Either way fits very nice, how's the denim itself?

2.5 inches of shrinking! Is it just me, or is that a decent bit? Either way fits very nice, how's the denim itself?

They did shrink quite a bit in the waist and length. For my short ass a hem is still in order...sadly, I'll be dropping them off this weekend for a hem

The denim is tasty. Stiff and crisp, yet lightweight and smooth. The weave is pretty consistent, but has definite character which should become more apparent with wear. The stiffness is giving me a little diaper butt, which will hopefully loosen up after a few wears.

taatarataa taataraaa (insert Indiana theme) nice fit thissunday

zakurie; thanks for the fit pictures; i'm on the fence buying these. I like the specs, denim seems great but there's something 'off' about the back of the jeans. back pockets and label look proportionately huge compared to the rest of the jeans. Will wait out for other fit pictures to show up before making the plunge

Zak, not loving those on you. sorry man.

My initial reaction was "shoulda gone a size smaller". But as I study the front picture of the jeans, I realize there's a couple things that can be done to improve the situation (knee and thigh slop) if he's comfortable with that size. Starts with the shoes.... first off I hate the color and the style and that instantly distracts me from the jeans. Second, they're too flat, and that effects your posture and how the jeans hang. I've noticed quite a difference in how my own jeans look on me going between a pair of Purcells and a pair of harness boots. You need something with more heel and sole to it.

Next, I'd try cuffing the jeans higher, and with a wider cuff (and prefereably a single rather than double cuff if you can get away with it). That will get rid of some of the slop at the knees. And I think I wider cuff will make the ankle area look bigger, making it appear better porportioned to the thigh and hips (which look kinda wide).

The rear? The pockets are way too big, and the ass is a bit dumpy, but that should settle down with some wash and wear.

IMO, with a little tweaking and some wear, the jeans should look fine.

Looking at my fit pics and Christophe's pics and notes, I am pretty sure he is going with the wear 'em raw sizing. I could have sized down, but then never washed them, but that's not practical for me.

The first thing I need is a hem. I am short and need a good 3" chopped off. And that will help with the slop and the cuff.

As far as the pockets, they are big. I think once the denim loosens up a bit, the ass and pockets should fall into place.

They might seem like traditional 5 pockets, but they Mister Freedoms, so tradition isn't what it's cracked up to be.

My initial reaction was "shoulda gone a size smaller". But as I study the front picture of the jeans, I realize there's a couple things that can be done to improve the situation (knee and thigh slop) if he's comfortable with that size. Starts with the shoes.... first off I hate the color and the style and that instantly distracts me from the jeans. Second, they're too flat, and that effects your posture and how the jeans hang. I've noticed quite a difference in how my own jeans look on me going between a pair of Purcells and a pair of harness boots. You need something with more heel and sole to it.

Next, I'd try cuffing the jeans higher, and with a wider cuff (and prefereably a single rather than double cuff if you can get away with it). That will get rid of some of the slop at the knees. And I think I wider cuff will make the ankle area look bigger, making it appear better porportioned to the thigh and hips (which look kinda wide).

The rear? The pockets are way too big, and the ass is a bit dumpy, but that should settle down with some wash and wear.

IMO, with a little tweaking and some wear, tfhe jeans should look fine.

It's a little unfair to compare zakurie's fit to Christophe's considering that they have completely different builds.

Christophe is taller with pretty long legs. From what I've seen, most pairs of jeans look good on this physique. Even if the inseam is too short, it can be worn with some swagger. You'll also notice that in Christophe's fit he's wearing his fairly high on the waist, with his shirt tucked in, which makes his legs look even longer. All things considered, it's a great look that's in line with his description of the fit he intended.

On the other hand, zak's got short legs which makes pulling off certain fits difficult. Hemming might be a good start, but I think they were intended to be worn with the original length cuffed to fit your inseam. Also, I think the back pocket design alone makes these jeans look out of ordinary. They're distinctly different from most of the Levi's repros, so when worn like most "Levi's" fits you see on here they look "off".

Like most of the Mister Freedom line, you need some serious swagger to pull it off. Most of the time, going for the look in the "lookbook" is a good start (i.e. throw on a leather jacket, a pair of engineer boots, and hop on a bike). Of course, if you don't have the swagger, you'll look comical.

^i don't think christophe is that tall. He usually has some pretty big cuffs on jeans I can barely cuff at all, and I am 6'2".

I've met both Zak and Christophe many times, i think Zak is taller.

I stand corrected then. Still, it appears as though Christophe has freakishly long legs. And the difference in physique is also apparent despite them having approximately the same height.

I'll also say that the photos of only the lower half of the body tend to skew bodily proportions when compared to photos showing the full body, at least from shoulders down.

Blah. Jeans are awesome. I'll shut up now.