MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just know that the sizing is awful. For a denim brand to have graduated sizing is beyond idiotic.

I just know that the sizing is awful. For a denim brand to have graduated sizing is beyond idiotic.

stop being a beast and look for stuff that fits you, damn

"sizing Q, rant, tall and skinny, blah blah blah, shit shit shit"

STOP it

Hey Lando, ordered mine thursday in a size 31 superstoked. I am between sizes so sizing on these is perfect for me. Really don't understand the negative comment about "idiotic for a denim brand". Christophe obviously knows his shit. Once again this is a forum so post what you want. I just feel such negativity is not needed here. I'm not saying everything Christophe does is gold, I just don't get the reason for even making that comment. And really the one thing you are bitching about is the sizing?

What are you talking about?

Graduated sizing??

For those that want these, we're getting at the stores this week.

Should be in the online store next week. $250, free shipping as usual.

stop being a beast and look for stuff that fits you, damn

"sizing Q, rant, tall and skinny, blah blah blah, shit shit shit"

STOP it

sorry, I know I bitch constanty. Should stop posting, there's nothing I can really do about it.

What are you talking about?

Graduated sizing??

For those that want these, we're getting at the stores this week.

Should be in the online store next week. $250, free shipping as usual.

The MF pants, or denim in this case, has the length change in relation to the size. Could just be me, but 36 seems like a good length for most raw jeans.

But I digress, sorry for being such a cunt.

anxiously awaiting measurement specs .

Same, im obviously very interested, specs will seal the deal. they will be my fall/winter jaunts!

EDIT: Kiya, or anyone else, what is known about the denim? i read something a few pages back, but cant find it know....

Same, im obviously very interested, specs will seal the deal. they will be my fall/winter jaunts!

EDIT: Kiya, or anyone else, what is known about the denim? i read something a few pages back, but cant find it know....

Unsanforized deadstock Cone.

Its on mf website, specs about the denim are on the f.w post and the sizing is on the newest.

Specs for California, Lot. 54 Jeans added to Mister Freedom wensite:

SPECS:

* Pattern: Original Mister Freedom® pattern, inspired by traditional 1950’s era blue jeans.

* Fabric: New Old Stock American made selvedge indigo denim. White/red stripped selvedge ID. Un-sanforized. Approx. 12oz. square yard weight. Guaranteed to age and beautify with repeat wear.

* Pocketing: 100% cotton sturdy bedford cord type woven NOS fabric. Natural un-bleached white.

* Fit: Based on the general silhouette/image of the “BRMC” blue jeans of the Wild Ones (1953). Traditional mid-rise, “tubular” silhouette legs, fit seat.

“Now, listen, ya don’t go any one special place. That’s cornball style…Ya just go (SNAP)”

* Construction: All made in U.S.A. Five pockets style. Selvedge legs and button hole fly flap. Top back pockets covered riveting and ‘zigzag flush’ reinforcement. Original “M” back pocket stitch design, securing inside all cotton twill backing.

* Stitching: All 100% cotton colour thread. We are using an original MF 12 types of gauge/colour combination thread for each pair of jeans. Main colours are Orange/Yellow/White, non colorfast.

* Trims: Original Mister Freedom casted combo metal fly buttons, steel back. Unmarked copper flat top rivetting.

* Labeling: Handmade original MF® debossed natural cowhide leather patch on right back pocket. Cheeze cloth size labeling stitched in rear part of waist band.

* Shrinkage: 8% or less, with minimal shrinkage with cold rinse/hang dry (recommended) and maximum shrinkage with hot wash/full dryer cycle. As with all denim twill, shrinkage and stretching will occur depending on the wearer’s body, activities and initial fit.

* Sizing: The Californian comes UN-WASHED and “oversized” so that the measurements match the labeling AFTER shrinkage.

Example: A tagged W32 x L34 “Californian”, off the shelf, actually measures 33” x 36” before wash. They will shrink to approx. 32” x 34” after rinse/dry.

Which size works for you depends on how you like your jeans to fit. I wear from a W30 to W32 depending on my mood/style of the pants (I have a W30 on the photo, about 2 months wear.)

NOTE:

1) On length:

To avoid the effect of the “accordeon” legs, tipical of the Japanese denim replica silhouettes, we chose graduated length for the Californian. Many pairs of vintage denim are often seen worn “as found”, ie. sometimes borderline too short on taller individuals. We prefer this to the ‘endless’ legs characteristic of all new denim production.

If the jeans are too long, cuff them (sloppy rolls our folded) if you like cuffs. If they are just or a tad too short, a narrow single fold cuff still looks cool imo. Just wear good footwear!

If they look like bermudas on you, then it’s not meant to be…

2) On washing:

We recommend the “quick cold rinse, hang dry and wear when damp” method. Subsequent washing when REALLY needed, minimal detergent and hang dry.

The “wear ‘em raw” method is great too (makes for amazing wear), but you might want to size down (if you are a measured waist 30”, wear a tagged W29), and never hit water! Even when worn raw, denim will shrink/stretch with heat/tension, so your jeans will adapt to your body over time.

I was really hoping to get the 5-pocket jeans, but that Rising Sun venture puts that off. Oh well, I hope some of you folks beat the shit out of that old denim.

Do we know what era the denim is from? 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s? Or any old "new old deadstock" denim will do?