MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

Just ordered a pair of 31x32's from Mister Freedom. Excited for them to arrive. My actual waist is 31.5 so I'm hoping they'll fit fine after a hot soak and hang dry. I decided to size down so I wouldn't have to worry about hemming.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered a pair of 31x32's from Mister Freedom. Excited for them to arrive. My actual waist is 31.5 so I'm hoping they'll fit fine after a hot soak and hang dry. I decided to size down so I wouldn't have to worry about hemming.

After seeing mine shrink, I'd advise against a hot soak if you want the waist to be 31.5. That's what the waist of my 32 is after a not-so-hot soak.

After seeing mine shrink, I'd advise against a hot soak if you want the waist to be 31.5. That's what the waist of my 32 is after a not-so-hot soak.

Thanks for the heads up. Even if it goes down to 31 it should still fit me, albeit a little tight initially. I'll probably do my normal hottest tap water soak and monitor the waist so it doesn't shrink too much.

I gave my jeans a second, and much hotter, soak. They shrank a significant amount more. I'm at a hotel and don't have a tape, so no measurements, but they shrank in all dimensions. They also lost a lot of starch; more so than during the first soak.

About the denim. The denim is stubborn and unforgiving and much more stiff than other denim of the same or higher weight. The weave seems tighter than other cone denim I've handled. My girlfriend and I wonder if this is how denim in the 50s differs from today's denims.

New measurements will be super helpful. Because it seems that they're going to be about a 31 or 30.5 waist by 32.5 or 33 inch length. If so that could be very good.

Guest Selvage Seb.

Mister Freedom 7161MD

Quick update after three months and one initial soak, not expecting high contract fading since it fit's me a little roomy. Really liking the different hues of blue in this denim!

4941831990_4c66b9fc2d.jpg

4941827422_c5bb43b5fd.jpg

Belt is original military issue, dated 1986 (probably Swiss). Made from super thick yet supple saddle leather wich was already nicely worn in when I found it.

*Note the different style buckle

Eltopo... waiting for some fit pics.

IMG_8718.jpg

had to fuckin supervise a concrete pouring job in the middle of the night

Nice fit Ed. Definitely look better worn a bit higher on the waist. Plus rep.

Btw, are you in HK? Will be there tomorrow.

And Seb, the MD's are looking good. Keep it up. Plus rep to you as well.

edit: crap Ed, gotta spread the rep. Hit you up next time.

Selvage Seb, those look incredible!

Mister Freedom 7161MD

Quick update after three months and one initial soak, not expecting high contract fading since it fit's me a little roomy. Really liking the different hues of blue in this denim!

4941831990_4c66b9fc2d.jpg

4941827422_c5bb43b5fd.jpg

Belt is original military issue, dated 1986 (probably Swiss). Made from super thick yet supple saddle leather wich was already nicely worn in when I found it.

*Note the different style buckle

So I had a little time to take some fit photos of the California's. I sat in a cold/warm bath for about 30-40 minutes and then wore them until dry. I went with the 32's just like the riders dungarees. I tried the 31's but couldn't get them buttoned around my fat ass. Love the fit of these. More fun photos to come once I get a break from work.

www.banditphotographer.com

dress3.jpg

dress2.jpg

dress1.jpg