The Sneakers we wear with our jeans

Flash

22 minutes ago, Mtvare said:

Very nice. How does the width of the toe box compare with Converse?

From what I can recall they feel pretty similar, but it's been a few years since I've worn Cons.
They're maybe a tad wider in the toebox, but not by much.

Old Nigel Cabourn joints, got them on sale from Speedway in maybe 2018

Really like the discoloration of the canvas at high-sweat points, and the way the tongue has held creases and the laces have worn through the taping

BIB4yLE.jpeg

d6FZ74P.jpeg

dOjHO6J.jpeg

ysAUToc.jpeg

NBaE2vF.jpeg

uMOdN74.jpeg

G6H7pvm.jpeg

mPHWtFh.jpeg

hTGX6ZV.jpeg

gZB9HdE.jpeg

HQYqDYS.jpeg

Mill Reef Gallop Oxfords, got these from Canvas in late 2020

Really cool shoes but they didn’t hold up great. Main complaint is the rubber at the heel coming delaminated and flapping around within just the first year or so; they haven’t seen a ton of wear since then

HIB5SQJ.jpeg

AkIcHdh.jpeg

xOkL1S2.jpeg

MFe3k2R.jpeg

maQbK7s.jpeg

vwC0Utq.jpeg

0P7g9Sf.jpeg

Rjv8gOw.jpeg

The Flat Head SNK-01

Great kicks, would get another pair if I could. Buttery soft leather and solid construction. Not worth MSRP (at least for my use case), but they used to show up on Yahoo pretty regularly for like 50% off and at that point it was hard to complain

m6B5qYt.jpeg

FwCOcFt.jpeg

Msuqyg7.jpeg

pRi5Z8Z.jpeg

oJ9WXq4.jpeg

F0al1q7.jpeg

12 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

The Flat Head SNK-01

Great kicks, would get another pair if I could. Buttery soft leather and solid construction. Not worth MSRP (at least for my use case), but they used to show up on Yahoo pretty regularly for like 50% off and at that point it was hard to complain

m6B5qYt.jpeg

FwCOcFt.jpeg

Msuqyg7.jpeg

pRi5Z8Z.jpeg

oJ9WXq4.jpeg

F0al1q7.jpeg

Pretty cool to see a shoe in that style and with that level of usage NOT completely broken up and the sole coming away from the upper! They must be well built!

@Alec Leamas Yeah, those ones are built like tanks. The soles themselves are wearing through near the heels, so I need to figure out how to replace those, but otherwise they're in great shape.

Been eyeing these Crocketts ever since Vans did an all canvas version. They're on sale now for a hefty discount so I had to get a pair. 

For those who don't know, Cee Blues is this guy's denim brand. He quickly became my favorite skater when I saw a clip of him in some wide leg selvedge jeans. 

20240711_174540.jpg

• 4 weeks later...