66 type jeans

Thanks guys. I'm not particular about paper patches and whatnot, but now that you've mentioned it, the denim isn't really anything like a '60s repro fabric. That is a deterrent. I'll look into the SC 66.

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, NilsLW said:

Has anyone tried the LR-01 from Superstitch Paris? Apparently a 1972-74 501 repro and I'm honestly quite tempted to try these.

https://www.superstitch.paris/product-page/denim-lr01?lang=en
19921069_dcd958_47ff7cd5bb2c4d36bc205135514f4f89mv2.thumb.jpg.17e9d7f6730f4e996607cf018039ed84.jpg

Yes I have one, it's one of my favorite denim. 

The denim is very close the original Levi's from that era, the roping also is very cool,...

Arthur the owner can hem to your lenght, he is a very nice guy and truly passionate.

For a nice redline repro you should go for it but I admit it's a bit expensive when you compare with TCB or Sugarcane especially nowadays with the low yen currency.

Here is my LR-01 bought in july 2021, you can see them at the beguining and with one year of dailywear.

I also bought the ecru/off-white version but I never really wear them.

There is also a picture with my Ooe Yofukuten OA01 that I started yo wear two weeks ago.

20210723_082048.jpg

20210723_082121.jpg

20210825_135326.jpg

20210904_154602.jpg

20210905_120051.jpg

20210911_111556.jpg

20230307_001520.jpg

20230307_001528.jpg

20230307_000914.jpg

20230307_000909.jpg

20210901_085623.jpg

20230307_002118.jpg

32 minutes ago, indigoeagle said:

Looks great- love the lightning on the coin pocket.

Yes me too, another cool detail from the OG redline.

Mine is a bit hide in the pocket but most of LR-01 have this higher so it's more noticeable when worn.

@mk3radial Thanks for the pictures, the jeans look really nice and I think the fading potential is great from what I've seen on the web. I'm also a fan of the lightning on the coin pocket, a detail which I know TCB deliberately avoided on their 60s jean. Did they shrink any in inseam after the first washes?

Last time I was in Paris, while wandering aimlessly around the city, I stumbled upon SuperStitch on Rue Racine in the Latin Quarter quite by accident. I knew nothing about the brand, and just gawked at the big shop windows without going inside. Perhaps it was a sign? :huh:

They come one washed and to be honest those one are not really W34 but closer to a W36 (all my denim are between 36 to 38) but this pair is coming from an older batch without the new tag inside. I know that at the time they used to be not very precise with the size. Maybe now it's different.

The measurement :

Waist 49cm

Inseam (custom made) 86cm

Tight 34cm

Front rise 31cm

Back rise 44cm

Hem 21cm

Do not use my measurement to buy because they should have changed. 

9 hours ago, mk3radial said:

They come one washed and to be honest those one are not really W34 but closer to a W36 (all my denim are between 36 to 38) but this pair is coming from an older batch without the new tag inside. I know that at the time they used to be not very precise with the size. Maybe now it's different.

The measurement :

Waist 49cm

Inseam (custom made) 86cm

Tight 34cm

Front rise 31cm

Back rise 44cm

Hem 21cm

Do not use my measurement to buy because they should have changed. 

Thanks!  Mind sharing the knee measurement please?

• 1 month later...

Yes that is quite weird, you can also get it with laurel buttons as well.
I think the  pair on the website looks quite nice, I especially like that they featured the printed wash instructions on the pocket bag.
However, if you look at several pairs from their insta or website, there does seem to be inconsistency in the pattern between pairs.

I wrote them for info about international shipping and I received this answer :

"Thank you for contacting us. Thank you for your interest, but international shipping is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. 

MEPSE&Co."

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2023 at 12:10 PM, vIGGiou riou said:

I wrote them for info about international shipping and I received this answer :

"Thank you for contacting us. Thank you for your interest, but international shipping is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. 

MEPSE&Co."

On 5/1/2023 at 1:09 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Using a proxy service then?

I did exactly that yesterday and now have to wait roughly a month until he will finish the BigE model I ordered. Will let you guys know hiw it works out :) 

I always use FromJapan (except once I tried Buyee to order from Mercari because of a coupon).
With FromJapan I can adjust the value and they also offered a 1,000 Yen coupon for purchases over 20,000 Yen so why not?! :D 

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK