WAYWT? [Denim Version] 2015

Cold Summer

Can go wrong with cuffs though :)

louisbosco, no offence. Just my opinion that you would look ridiculously well without those cuffs. With them - too much accent on heavy boots for your build. I'm in the same situation here :)

hey thanks for the feedback. i'm a little lazy with the cuff cause i use to rotate between 2 and 3 cuff. and i've gotten a little lazy with folding and re folding them between sneakers and boots. also i kinda stuck with the higher cuff ever since i started wearing vis. and i dont think the virgil is heavy. i've worn the round toe primarily cause moc toe boots would be the heavy ones for me that i steer clear off. eg, red wing mocs or the grizzlys

Edited by louisbosco

ujH5CEa.jpg

New MA-1 from CockpitUSA pretty decent quality this is their made in china version less than a week of wear and there's a small hole formed from loose stitching in a pocket button's are pretty good zipper is super chunky and smooth pull tabs aren't real leather tho. pretty decent jacket all around pretty warm 

Japan Blue

Red Wings 

ujH5CEa.jpg

New MA-1 from CockpitUSA pretty decent quality this is their made in china version less than a week of wear and there's a small hole formed from loose stitching in a pocket button's are pretty good zipper is super chunky and smooth pull tabs aren't real leather tho. pretty decent jacket all around pretty warm 

a made in china product from a brand with the USA in their name...... this lack of integrity sickens me

a made in china product from a brand with the USA in their name...... this lack of integrity sickens me

They do have a many made in USA products, which i would have rather bought, but i'm young and don't have money. also extra fucked up the jacket came with a tag attached that claimed it was made in USA, even though the product tag with all the info said it was made in china. ironically the tag reads "this is to certify that this garment ins constructed using the highest quality materials and superior craftsmanship. following the american tradition as  a current supplier to our military, cockpitUSA upholds this great standard and is very proud to guarantee...

THIS GARMENT WAS...

MANUFACTURED

IN THE USA" they also said they would give me a free shirt because it took them a while to ship my jacket, but the never did... 

Hole after a week and the pulls are fake leather, but you still think a decent jacket? Not hating but would have been a better idea to get a MA1 from alpha/ army surplus

i was going to get an alpha but they were about twice the price for a similar product. plus this one has a nylon lining, whereas alpha has a polyester lining. if i had the money i would've bought the william bigsonXbuzzricksons, or a Real McCoy's but i don't 

Well, brother, most of us here are into this clothing because we're at least partly concerned with how it's made, whether that be materials or labor or country of production. Regarding those factors you generally get what you pay for. Given that, I feel it's a bit strange that you're defending this jacket here after admitting it is pretty antithetical to all of those things. Not saying you shouldn't wear it--most everyone here has at least a couple cheaply made pieces of clothing--but reviewing it here probably won't find you many sympathizers.

I reckon that many of us, myself included, got into this industry when we were relatively young. For me, it's cause I was collecting and selling nikes in high school and was once offered a trade for a pair of nudies. I had no idea what they were, but looking into their QC and ethics was what made me stop supporting nike in favor of folks in the Japanese denim scene. Going from buying nikes to buying things that cost $3-400 was tough, and it took months of saving cash till I could start to buy things that were of decent quality. It's especially challenging to do that when we're so easily tempted by online sales and bidding sites nowadays, but it's a good and worthy test of patience to do so. Anyway, that was totally off topic. Best of luck with the jacket!

Edited by chicote

I wasn't criticising you pal, Manson!

Was just about the brand. Till this day I wear an arctic vest by carhartt made in Mexico. Hate the brand. But right now I can't afford enough money for a rmc vest.

anyways, what you have written about cockpit after my post was/is just outrageous. This brand (although not all its employees) deserves to be put down to the ground...

Saving money isn't really en vogue today, but it's the right way to choose. Buy less, buy better etc.

Well, brother, most of us here are into this clothing because we're at least partly concerned with how it's made, whether that be materials or labor or country of production. Regarding those factors you generally get what you pay for. Given that, I feel it's a bit strange that you're defending this jacket here after admitting it is pretty antithetical to all of those things. Not saying you shouldn't wear it--most everyone here has at least a couple cheaply made pieces of clothing--but reviewing it here probably won't find you many sympathizers.

I reckon that many of us, myself included, got into this industry when we were relatively young. For me, it's cause I was collecting and selling nikes in high school and was once offered a trade for a pair of nudies. I had no idea what they were, but looking into their QC and ethics was what made me stop supporting nike in favor of folks in the Japanese denim scene. Going from buying nikes to buying things that cost $3-400 was tough, and it took months of saving cash till I could start to buy things that were of decent quality. It's especially challenging to do that when we're so easily tempted by online sales and bidding sites nowadays, but it's a good and worthy test of patience to do so. Anyway, that was totally off topic. Best of luck with the jacket!

not hunting for sympathy just raising awareness about an unknown brand. 

I wasn't criticising you pal, Manson!

Was just about the brand. Till this day I wear an arctic vest by carhartt made in Mexico. Hate the brand. But right now I can't afford enough money for a rmc vest.

anyways, what you have written about cockpit after my post was/is just outrageous. This brand (although not all its employees) deserves to be put down to the ground...

Saving money isn't really en vogue today, but it's the right way to choose. Buy less, buy better etc.

i didn't feel ???critiqued/offened??? (can't find a better word) by what you said just shedding some light on the brand. i think anyone would rather buy something ethically made but for me i can't justify spending $600 for a Buzz Rickson, or $1000 for an RMC, i'm going to Vancouver soon so i need some spending cash. maybe later in life...