Megatron1505

Unknown Non-Japanese Brands

Do any of you have any recommendations for a really slubby pair of denim from any of the manufacturers mentioned in this thread? It was mentioned on the first page, but no specifics.

Cheers.

R400s look awesome, but admittedly I was hoping for something in a similar price range to Sauce Zhan - apologies, should have said that from the start.

actually if you proxy from taobao R400 is about $150 sans proxy. speaking of which i was browsing through sauce zhan and bai he and base on the pictures, which might not necessarily reflect how they look IRL, some of their denims are almost identical to RC's R400, with  blended weft and slub. They also make them in red and blue. maybe they all use the same mill?

actually if you proxy from taobao R400 is about $150 sans proxy. speaking of which i was browsing through sauce zhan and bai he and base on the pictures, which might not necessarily reflect how they look IRL, some of their denims are almost identical to RC's R400, with  blended weft and slub. They also make them in red and blue. maybe they all use the same mill?

DhaDha, SZ does have some slub looking denim but not on same level as Red Cloud. Also, RC has exclusivity on his fabrics, are specifically woven for him, guaranteed. SZ quality is not on level of RC, but still very decent especially regarding to price.

Also keep in mind, even with proxy and pending on where to ship to you can easily add up 30% to buying price due to duties on MIC products, especially jeans. 

oh, that is nice to know. make me love my R400 even more! i guess it's really hard to judge the character of denim just baed on online pictures. 

63C573D3-B5A2-45A4-A16F-0CA090FF76FE_zps

94F6230D-00AD-49F7-9EE1-B4F858225DF6_zps

2F38A2F8-45A2-4A99-B6CF-79A7B47E1937_zps

Arrived !

@Megatron

great man! Quite keen to see and hear more about it. Glad to see SZ still put a lot of effort in the packaging and all.

How is the patch? I remember mine felt a bit rubbery.

The patch is made from sandglass treated leather, which does have that feel. I think (and I'm sure b_F can correct me or confirm) Samurai used to use the same process.

Initial impression...

- Workmanship is great, and I mean better than I ever expected. I have been through so many far more expensive pairs of jeans whose workmanship was not as good.

- The denim feel extremely tough, it's only 14oz but the weave is super tight.

- Two of the pairs have the rainbow weft, one green cast and one red cast, it really shows through the denim and should make for some very interesting evo.

- The final pair is made from 13.5oz xinjiamg cotton, red selvedge, plain weft, and made to my own cut specifications. This is the pair I am working on with Zhan and he has nailed the cut.

Lots of pics in the coming days, plus a review.

I'll try to get this done asap, but with the DWC website opening this Friday I am ridiculously busy. Stay tuned.

A few more teaser pics of the stock jeans....

EC2A299B-58B6-4100-8A5D-2138E55CCBFB_zps

DD3CD1C7-8F7A-4FC8-B0F8-CB34014A094B_zps

FCE73F09-4FD5-4E5E-BC2E-D8D991F3C5D8_zps

5AC85B6A-A01A-434F-8E53-A37DE373CEE6_zps

28568BD2-BCBC-4CF9-86B8-BCA672754318_zps

Megatron, can you ask Sauce Zhan if they make, or can make, the type II jacket in a 44? I want a jacket with SAUCE on the tab.

I can certainly ask dude.

Haha, epic to see how they translated their stuff in English. That bag is a keeper :D 

I had the rainbow weft as well, very nice especially for the price.

Do any of you have any recommendations for a really slubby pair of denim from any of the manufacturers mentioned in this thread? It was mentioned on the first page, but no specifics.

The Sauce Zhan Oceans I have are pretty slubby. Here is a close up 

G442uPh.jpg

Here is another shot

nGYSfW7.jpg

Edited by pudaspriest

I can certainly ask dude.

thank you. I appreciate it

I think this SZ stuff looks absolutely awesome!

Certainly not one of the brands in this thread, but for slubby, it's hard to beat Oni

IMAG0102_zpsb39fe84f.jpg

(apologies for derailing the thread ;) )

The rainbow not really my taste but really dig the color of the ocean.

The rainbow weft is actually really cool in the flesh, although I appreciate that it won't be to everyones taste.

@Mega. I really appreciate your effort in bringing some of these unknown brands to the denim community.  Keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing more pics.

Edited by BlackPig

Thanks man, I love brands that offer something different, whether that is styles, materials, price or all three.

I'm not sure how I feel about the tinted and rainbow weft stuff.

Just seems a little too Naked & Famous-y for my liking.

But I'm sure the quality is better!

first seasonal outing for the Bronson G10

FFCA6D83-7E1D-4B9A-8537-315E134495F6_zps

Chinese or not, it feels great!

I'm not sure how I feel about the tinted and rainbow weft stuff.

Just seems a little too Naked & Famous-y for my liking.

But I'm sure the quality is better!

Not hard to top NF quality  :P

Guaranteed crotch blow out within first 8 months, unless you take their super-heavyweights.