TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Congratulations to those with new and imminent arrivals - looking forward to some dadz knee fadez! Check out my evo shots in the Edwin/LVC/SDA threads for what to expect.

Oh and GGIS, about that baby shit - in Europe we have these great things called 'nappies' which help with that immensely. Perhaps I could proxy some for you? ;)

Maynard, I've just kopped a bunch of jap selvedge nappies myself on rakuten. they were mad expensive but now I am looking forward to some epic sick poop fadez ahah! won't wash 'hem for at least 1yr, of course.

here's my little masterpiece first WAYT

Agata012_zpsc60764df.jpg

dad was wearing a full TCB tux (not visible though in the pix), I say this just to pretend we're still in topic ahaha

Edited by volvo240thebest

jeez man do you have a volvo p1800? some serious car!

I have a two 240's, and my Swedish grail would be a white amazon kombi, sometime in the future I will get one in Sweden and drive back home..

Apologies for thread derail.... this is from the MF Dirty Dozen event IIRC. It's always possible we might see it again on this thread.Ths nipper pictured, now 13, came back from the hospital he was born in an Amazon estate.

P1060196.jpg

Edited by Paul T

beautiful car Paul! pictures of the amazon kombi won't be half bad too!

sorry guys for the volvo off topic, but I have to do my part now...

here's the car that brought my daughter home from the hospital, my daily driver, circa 270K km atm:

244fiume1.jpg

and here's my wife's daily driver, and also the car who gave me the  rwd volvo bug years ago, now bordering 400k km. photo taken on a middle of a 2400 km roundtrip to northern Germany, last november:

null_zpscf6bbfd8.jpg

just to keep a hint of "intopicness", jeans are TCB 60's.

Paul please join the contest and we can plan some side vintage volvo action!!!

Congratulations to those with new and imminent arrivals - looking forward to some dadz knee fadez! Check out my evo shots in the Edwin/LVC/SDA threads for what to expect.

Oh and GGIS, about that baby shit - in Europe we have these great things called 'nappies' which help with that immensely. Perhaps I could proxy some for you? ;)

selvage out seam tho?

edit** shit, looks like Volvo actually did find some haha.  

I was thinking about copping some kids Momotaro's for a minute.  Probably still will...

Edited by garden gnomes in space

On one of my first dates with my wife, she blasted through a bunch of street repair cones with a Volvo station wagon.  Didn't even faze her.  As a kid, my first good car was a Volvo 242 in metallic sky blue.  When I stayed with my dad I used to steal his RX7 all the time but I never liked it as much.  With mom I lived in Duluth, MN and there is a road called Skyline Parkway that is fun to drive fast.  I would never dream of hitting it fast in an RX7 but I loved losing it in the 242.  Damn, those old turbines are so good.

I've got an odd feeling, like I'm darkening down deeply on denim for some reason.  Count me in, I need something happy.

I wish I had a baby to share, congrats you guys!

Edited by jyoni

Loving the Volvo chatter... My family had a red Volvo 740 that we would drive hundreds of miles in from the north of England to the south of France for summer holidays. No AC and three boys aged 10 and under in the August heat... God knows how my parents endured that!

Welcome to the contest Jyoni.

Welcome jyoni! Guys we have potentially the best contest on our hands right now, so glad all of you can join! Two OG's who've yet to reveal themselves...

Potential List:

1 bobbo

2 aho

3 volvo240thebest

4 Projectp

5 mumbojumbo

6 KrunkyB1

7 garden gnomes in space

8 ed

9 tchengaa

10 fre-co

11 he who shall remain temporarily anonymous

12 rayw44

13 jyoni

14 quoise1203 (?)

15 sugar mountain

16 Jared-Lee

17 fellini_esque (if ordering in June)

18 chazychaz

19 coldstorage

20 gratefulmelon

21 simon

22 "he who shall not be named for now"

23 tpun (?)

24 kcobain123

25 meschan

26 @nelsonhoward

27 @slysamonte

28 @rlabrina

Regarding the patch, if we can't pin something down we may have to rely on Inoue-san to design...Which I'm fine with, even with cats!