TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

12" is minimum front rise for me, but 12.5" to 13" is preferred (that's where my 551ZXX and 0105 are at).  Looking at a full inch less than I'd like on the size 36.    

^This. A 12" front rise is, for me anyway, the definitive front rise, it's just the way they were meant to be and the way they should always be. :tongue: :tongue: :P

I posted this last year when I was looking at these, Sweet-Sue have slightly different measurements but close enough if any one is interested.

Great links there hoggreaser, some excellent photo's in the Sweet-Sue link.

I have to say: TCB 50's are the most shrinking & bleeding jeans I ever had :)

My Size 34", shrunk after a 40°C initial machine wash from 86cm (33.85") to a snug 76cm (30") = 10-12% shrinkage. But they will stretch 1" - 1-1/2" by wearing.

It's a beautful 50's full cut, I like (not everyone taste). It's one of fullest cuts I ever had, beside from some 3000 Sams. Fuller than i.e. RS Blacksmith, MF Lot. 54 - that's a call!

^Hmmmm... that is giving me a bit of a spook. Sizing chart on pg 1 is supposed to be post-soak and the 34 is showing as a reasonable 86cm. If what you are saying is true, than that chart is off wildly and many contestants will need to size up...

When did you purchase your pair? Is it possible the denim has changed?

Thanks for your help.

CS, I got mine at the beginning this year. No idea, if denim has changed since... but I don't think so. It's to consider not everyone will wash jeans like I have done. Also, as I have stated, they will stretch back a lot... I guess a size 34" pre-soak will be a size 32" post-soak after some wear and stretch.

It seems TCB's sizing chart shows measurements pre-soak that would correspond with tagged sizes 34" = 86cm.

Also bleeding is vastly... like some other jeans I had, made in Kojima, i.e. Kamikaze Attack, therefore nice fading can be expected.

If you are interested to see how it looks in the area where TCB's are produced, I have added a report here (german language, but still nice pictures from jeans street, jeans bus tour, dye process in Rampuya & more): ^_^

http://www.jr-plus.ch/jr-plus/das-jeans-mekka-kojima_216-de.html

I have to say, TCB 50's is a fantastic jean in a classic, timeless cut and "made in japan" grade...

Edited by 58panheadfan

We need to get a confirmation for those who are confused on the sizing chart. We got people saying one thing and another saying one thing. I've emailed Inoue and ask if the chart was presoak or post soak, inoue said " A number after washing" so my guess the chart is listed as post soak.

After writing my post today at 7:18 am PST, jeans were washed and not worn. Now, after wearing them for +/- 3 hrs, measurements are (BIG) for tagged size 34":

W: 82.0 (32.25"), still some back stretch possible.

FR 30.0

BR 40.5

UT 32.5

Inseam 83.0 (32.5")

Edited by 58panheadfan

These look like a very nice jean.  I'm not sure I need a new pair at the moment, but these might be my next new jean when the time comes.   Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

About the whole measuringdiscussion and the different measurements: are you guys using the same method? That could be a possible explaination. 

I mean, we've just heard that Inoue didn't include the waistband when he measured the rise. Could be some more discrepancies either with how TCB measures or how anyone of us measure our jeans.

Stoked to see this one play out, hoping that people who are interested in the comp join as an active contest can be a great read.

Hard to resist these as the denim looks great, but that cut just wouldn't work for me.