TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

update on the jeans itself

it should see much more wear as summer closes in. I'll be upping the washing frequency when I feel it has reached "that stage"  B)

16668747839_0a0bcdbfb6_c.jpgIMG_20150318_112300 by 6u07, on Flickr

16234932913_9587ef3d4d_c.jpgIMG_20150318_112824 by 6u07, on Flickr

16232523234_8bbf0d7ed5_c.jpgDSC_0371~2 by 6u07, on Flickr

16829023916_011cb7c7e1_c.jpgDSC_0369 by 6u07, on Flickr

16232517744_bc2846fb4a_c.jpgDSC_0370 by 6u07, on Flickr

On your knees a lot Ah_Long? Looking good. Interesting to read that you'll be washing these more frequently - I had wondered if you'd go a year without washes like you did on the Eternal 811.

Ya, I'm going to hold off washing them for as long as possible and then wash them frequently like aho.

Knees seem to go first on all my jeans for some reason. It'll see a lot of more wear over this summer.

So have we decided if this is a 1 year or 1.5 year contest?

I've always been working on the assumption that the contest will finish in March 2016. Given the slow progress on these jeans for most of us, 18 months seems like a good length of time to really see what we can do here.

Another crumby shot of the jeans from me...

16834187966_c0f208ab94_z.jpg

I have plans to get a proper camera over the next few months and then I can do a much better job of capturing the evo on these jeans.

I'm cool with 18 months, will have to run it past Ed and Inoue-san but I think we'll get the best results at 18. That gives us another year to catch up to Paul T (I kid!), and time to mess around with other contests if that's your thing!

Regardless, really enjoying everyone's updates! Despite the initial crocking, they are a bit slower to fade than I'd originally anticipated.

Volvo, that was indeed the original plan but I don't believe enough jeans were sold after the initial 12 month group buy to justify a second prize. Ed will have to verify that but I think we're safe with the one prize after 18!

^ It is a bit of an adjustment going to a 1950s cut - they are so far off from a modern, fashionable style (but still, in my opinion, a timeless classic). I couldn't make the leap when I tried to go from my Fullcount 1101 to Warehouse 1001XX, but wearing Sugarcane 1947 as the transition pair in between was what did it for me. Now I just can't get down with a slim cut and I love that room in the seat and thighs.

Brad, what SM says is so true.

IMO at some stage, seen your love for denim, you've gotta try out a 50's cut, either by TCB or someone else!

It took me some months to get used to it (and also many shoes I have in my closet just don't work with a wide leg pant) but at this stage I am totally embracing the loose fit. there's something very masculine in a vintage 50's cut that I really find appealing. once you'll get around on making work your outfits with a wide leg pant you'll never look back ahah!

Also I think it's very interesting to see how a looser fit fades. few weeks ago I was taking pictures of all my faded pairs (all on the slim side, with the Red Clouds being the slimmer and the 60's being the more relaxed, but still having a fitted top block). All these pairs sport the very same fading pattern, a relaxed fit like a repro 50's cut will definitely fade differently and I am very much looking forward to see how it will be like.

Edited by volvo240thebest

^ It is a bit of an adjustment going to a 1950s cut - they are so far off from a modern, fashionable style (but still, in my opinion, a timeless classic). I couldn't make the leap when I tried to go from my Fullcount 1101 to Warehouse 1001XX, but wearing Sugarcane 1947 as the transition pair in between was what did it for me. Now I just can't get down with a slim cut and I love that room in the seat and thighs.

I have been thinking about picking up a pair of '47, but have held. Think I will just go for it as a summer pair, and maybe that's what will get me out of the slim mind set.

Brad, what SM says is so true.

IMO at some stage, seen your love for denim, you've gotta try out a 50's cut, either by TCB or someone else!

It took me some months to get used to it (and also many shoes I have in my closet just don't work with a wide leg pant) but at this stage I am totally embracing the loose fit. there's something very masculine in a vintage 50's cut that I really find appealing. once you'll get around on making work your outfits with a wide leg pant you'll never look back ahah!

Also I think it's very interesting to see how a looser fit fades. few weeks ago I was taking pictures of all my faded pairs (all on the slim side, with the Red Clouds being the slimmer and the 60's being the more relaxed, but still having a fitted top block). All these pairs sport the very same fading pattern, a relaxed fit like a repro 50's cut will definitely fade differently and I am very much looking forward to see how it will be like.

I did have the Trophy Dirt Denim 1605 I believe, and when my waist is 34" everything is just so much bigger from the waist down, that's the only thing I struggled with. I'll try easing my self into it as SM suggests.

just washed my pair too. I hoped to hold on til the end of the month but they were just too filthy for my taste to wear them!

not much further evo so far to show, here's a pic anyway!

TCB%2050s%2021%20marzo_zpswcoewsad.jpg

Not fancy contest updates this week unfortunately, been working hard and travelling most of the week. Hopefully I'll post some fun updates next week.