TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

my friends and i often joke about how if you have no money to visit japan, go to taiwan for it is a very nice (perhaps somewhat similar) alternative to japan. 

Totally true! This same thought had occurred to me. I would love to see the wilderness of Taiwan as well. My brother went there earlier this year and rated it highly.

That's a fun tattoo Volvo (and I love the car). Why a whale?

This is not the greatest or most interesting photo.  I really wanted to get an update of sorts posted up though.  I keep running out of daylight lately and I usually never think to snap photos or have a camera with me.

Skull 5010 on overexposed1

15645562717_65293ac17d_b.jpg

15634761177_a6b1152657_z.jpg

Your fit is really off the hook, Sugar Mountain.   It's my favorite of all of our fits.

Brings me to an question:  Is tailoring allowed?  I'd like to maybe take in my leg a bit.  I haven't been washing so I do still have to wait for my fit to fall in a bit to be sure.  I'd do all the work myself if it would be allowed.

Totally true! This same thought had occurred to me. I would love to see the wilderness of Taiwan as well. My brother went there earlier this year and rated it highly.

That's a fun tattoo Volvo (and I love the car). Why a whale?

that's actually a spermwhale, like Moby Dick, I couldn't do a Albino spermwhale as a tattoo though! I love Melville and his book. I read it three time with all the different Italian translations including the one done by Cesare Pavese, which is one of my favourite Italian writers too. I've tried to read it in English too but it was too hard for me, I've struggled for a couple hundred pages and gave it up eventually.

Beside Melville I just love whales and i've seen them a number of times here in the Mediterranean. there is a spot in the sea nearby Noli (about 30 km from where I live) where is actually quite easy to see them, so easy that the area is also known as La Costa delle Balene (the whale's coast). But I've never forget the first time I've seen one: It was ten years ago and i was on tour in Canada, we had a gig in Vancouver Island and we spotted a huge spermwhale while on the ferry from Vancouver to the Island. it was just an inceredible experience as it was close enough to be seen really well.

unfortunately the plain insurance that our harpist had (we were on her car!) had no clause for theft. the instruments were all 10+yrs old and back at the time I bought them I didn't even have a credit card, so no credit card insurance that we could claim either.

One thing I will do for sure as soon as I have all the new gear on hand will be to insure everything. I am still licking my wounds after the big loss.

thanks for your kind words though. I have a meeting next sunday in Bruges with a flutemaker and friend of mine, who will make me all the new gear. I still have to hear how much will be the final damage..most likely there won't be any new japanese denim or fine boots for me in the next year, fuuuuucck!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Thanks for the tattoo info Volvo. Moby Dick is still on my ''to read'' list but now I have extra motivation given that you've read it three times! All the best with getting back on track with your instruments too. It must be really hard but your positive mindset seems to be holding up.

Ranon, you are too kind! I'm still waiting for a good number of our contestants to post a fit (HINT, HINT).

Hi Ed,

I've send you a PM - my pair should have made it back to you guys 2-3 weeks ago.

Have you received it and did you manage to send on to my moscow address yet?

Hi foxy hope you get them soon, look forward to your updates!

I am about to throw the "stovepipes" in the washing machine for their second wash, the turnups are really filthy of mud after the big rains we had here two weeks ago. Has anyone tried yet a 60 degrees wash? I am going for a 40 but I might consider 60 for next time just to get rid of more shrink.

jyoni, don't sweat it, do whatever you gotta do, they're your jeans after all!

I'll hold out for now and see how they soften.  It would be painful to pull and redo the hem!

Jyoni - Thanks a lot mate. Appreciate the kind words.

For what it's worth, I gave mine their first hot wash this week and got a little more shrink from the denim I think. The fit feels perfect now. Maybe a bit of extra washing would do the trick?

Boy, idk.  My shrinking method for denims is to hot soak inside out then cautiously and attentively machine-dry the living piss out of them on the highest possible heat.  Could do it again I suppose.  

Lot.32 has arrived...

ee342f8fab7ff465f5139ca9ef6f5069_zps39b9

1e0230677fe39760b2cb60f751d83320_zps7b40

Just finished the initial soak - drying right now.

Fit comments and pictures later this week.

Edited by Foxy2

finally we've been blessed with two days of decent weather in a row and I had time enough to wash my pair! I absolutely love how these fit right after the wash. If I could just hybernate this fit it'd be fantastic! Unfortunately they stretch like mad fuckers..

7B57A703-01BC-4937-8ED9-904298A9D78E_zps

C4D01E46-6DE3-45D0-BC02-981C2121E8DD_zps

FBE8CE14-549E-4F4B-86B7-B4B5E4650FBF_zps

Greetings from Koln, Germany!

We're on tour in Germany atm, staying at some friend's beautiful house in the countryside.

Sorry for the arsehole face ahaha!

77DEF627-1052-4814-9F43-3B507DBE5AAD_zps

DA9EB695-FAD0-4D78-9D51-603511E4DE46_zps

2B3C9C71-433A-45BC-B05E-3F0115D05DA3_zps

6EDF1385-F48F-4F8B-AC6C-F015C7ACE742_zps

Any hints on things to do in Koln? I have some free time to kill today.

A little teaser from Manchester this past weekend. Do mind the tired facial expression - we were hanging out way too many hours at the Brew Dog bar the night before. Felt pretty crazy paying less for nice beers from Brew Dog and Stone than what a crappy beer costs at an average bar in Sweden. More pics to come from the trip when I have a little more time at hand.

15275265104_6e11e87ba8_z.jpg