Superartisans Denim & Leather Brands

beatle

beatle, I've had the pre-order tab open all week. That vest is perfectly designed for my taste. I'm waiting to hear from Ed about a Full Count Type I right now that I inquired about before your pre-order launched. Should that purchase not materialize, I am all over this waistcoat. Again, it looks just perfect.

• 3 months later...

That vest is beautiful, Beatle. Really well done and the combination is perfect.

————

Came here to post some pics from my project, to share it with you girls/guys. And here is a little vid with some angles i did of the manufacturing. Wish there were more shots in the video and with higher quality, but it has become extremely hard to manage everything on my own... Have to get what i can get and that is it... Hope this turns out for the best! Every critique is superwelcome. I want to do this right.

————

post-195914-0-84453200-1426881250_thumb.jpg

post-195914-0-85438300-1426881478_thumb.jpg

post-195914-0-26694900-1426881527_thumb.jpg

post-195914-0-26637300-1426881888_thumb.jpg

^^^^ that's really nice work , do you do a tote shopping bag ?

Also what is the felt material ? It has a great look and I bet a very nice texture !

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback!

The leather will wear around the button, definitely. I have two experiences with this. I have a bag with a stud button for more than a decade now, still works fine. And i have a belt with a stud button that i let behind and don't use much. It's usable, but the hole is stretched because of the obvious waist tension, and i don't really like it. I am sure that in the folios and journal it'll be fine as long as it is treated properly (like everything, right?). In the backpack case i opted for line press buttons exactly because of tensioning issues.

The burel is actually almost like a rug or carpet but obviously in a smaller and finer scale. It's super sturdy and thick and i think it's a hidden gem. It's a typical woven structure made of wool threads and then it's compacted and felted. I have my hands now on different patterns and colors, there are plenty of colors. Thinking of new, softer, bags. Let's see how it goes...

EDIT: Yeah, in the end it's a sturdy wool blanket.

Edited by t06u54

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...