Roots Canada - 12.25oz Cone Mills White Oak Selvedge

Potsnu

I mainly bought these because no one knows about them and they're Roots lol. Fit is similar to 501's but a bit slimmer. It narrows past the knee. The construction of the jeans are very good for it's price. The details are very minimal which I like.

I'll probably put very casual wear into these. 20% discount if you have a student card.

Retail was $128, with discount after tax was $115. You'll probably find these in locations that sell denim, not all their stores.

img2002af.jpg

img2003bt.jpg

I mainly bought these because no one knows about them and they're Roots lol. Fit is similar to 501's but a bit slimmer. It narrows past the knee. The construction of the jeans are very good for it's price. The details are very minimal which I like.

I'll probably put very casual wear into these. 20% discount if you have a student card.

Retail was $128, with discount after tax was $115. You'll probably find these in locations that sell denim, not all their stores.

img2002af.jpg

img2003bt.jpg

Haha I first saw one on a dummy model at the Yorkdale roots location. I was just saw the dummy and though the fabric may be selvedge. Flipped up the cuff and voila. Went around to the table and saw it there, was surprised at Made in Canada even though I quite like that.

If Naked and Famous had access to Cone denim, I'm sure they'd make use of it. Then again, that'd probably tarnish their image as an intro brand.

Cone mills denim is probably one of the easiest to acquire. I don't really get your post, using cone mills is neither good nor bad really. LVC uses cone mills but so does many starter brands.

Edited by Contrast

Afaik, LVC is (beside Roy Slaper) the only client that uses unsanforized Cone denim. Of course you are right though. Lots of brands use Cone's white oak denim, but they are all sanforized.

this is like not true. ande whall had access to unsanforized cone denim for a while, my pair of ande whall were unsanforized. I'm sure it's out there, I wouldn't go spilling half truths about exclusivity when mr whall was doing it 2 years or so ago and I'm sure he'd still do so if he didn't switch sources all togetherl.