Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

To give flexible entry to people who had recently bought jeans, but wanted to enter the contest. Over 2 years 30 wears is nothing.

Been sweating my ass off in these over the last week or two. With the rain and flooding we have ridiculous humidity. Last night my wife, kids and I watched a thunderstorm build basically over our house. Pictures do not do something like that justice. Anyways, took some pics in the alley and backyard. Early morning sun so excuse the shadows.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc441/Noodle361/EC8E0980-48DD-4858-AE89-097729B31271-3664-0000057CFE959277_zps77c4a850.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc441/Noodle361/021771F8-0ACD-4DEF-A67B-CBD97BDF1A97-3664-0000057D4000947E_zpse1a8773d.jpg

My jeans spent a some time yesterday fixing a broken air conditioner for a friend.  She couldn't really afford to hire the technician (150 for parts, another 400 for labor) to fix it, so I figured I could do it myself, since I'm most of the way through my engineering PhD and am handy with electronics.  Had to replace the motor, the outtake line, and a few other pieces associated with the motor, which was a huge pain in that tiny room.  Fortunately, she didn't have to pay someone $400 for labor.

9188165568_ceeb0292c9_z.jpg

9185368553_05b1c8a539_z.jpg

Everything associated with this job was dirty, from the filthy water that leaked all over the floor, to the grime all over the old motor, so my 710s are about as dirty as they've ever been.  Time for a wash tonight.  The A/C is working well again, which is good, considering that her house was 91 F / 33 C degrees when I started working on it (it's really really hot in Utah right now...).

Edit, post-wash:

9187719509_f029171980.jpg9190516048_f3da99f0bb.jpg

Edited by cander49

^holy crap! That's how 710s are supposed to look / fade. So many updates (also in IHF) that show great evo - wouldn't have expected that within the first  three months.

Still - I wonder why my 19 oz denim looks much more royal blue than your greyish 710s (or my older stock ones). The colour reminds me much more of the 21 oz denim.

Edited by Max Power

HC-SF-92 steel feathers with a quick up date, this is 71 wears with only one soak to shrink. I have now done a second soak, pics to follow.

hc-sf-92-03-3.jpg

Edited by ToddjColey

I feel like I am going at a snail's pace for this competition compared to these evos.

^^Every denim wears differently. Every wearer fades it differently. If those jeans are on your legs five days a week for two years, the results will be beautiful. Don't worry about what others are doing; love your jeans and wear 'em the way you live.

Trust me I am aware its just astounding to see what some people do in 3 months

And just to clarify, by "worry," I mean concern yourself with how your jeans are wearing as compared with another's. I love seeing the updates across all these threads and seeing how everybody breaks them in and how all the different denims look raw, after a soak, after they settle, after first wash, after seven months...

Haha! It's all denim geek madness! :D

^holy crap! That's how 710s are supposed to look / fade. So many updates (also in IHF) that show great evo - wouldn't have expected that within the first  three months.

Still - I wonder why my 19 oz denim looks much more royal blue than your greyish 710s (or my older stock ones). The colour reminds me much more of the 21 oz denim.

Thanks Max!  Means a lot coming from the Samurai master. :)  Keep in mind that these are 4 months of wear, not 3, as I planned down to the day to get exactly 30 days of amnesty wear before the contest started.  The color is a little more electric blue in person, but my camera is rather crappy, so they just never quite turn out right in the photos.  When the contest is said and done, I'll get someone with a nice DSLR to take my final pics!

Edited by cander49

The first of two hwdc2 hats came today. Wonderful!! I don't think the thickness of it will be a problem. I have an old wool Bosox hat that isn't necessarily as thick but probably warmer. Will have to test it out. Yesterday was 42 C with the Humidex. Disgustingly hot. Opted to leave the MBB's home. Figured after a day of climbing roofs in them they would be around 50 oz with the sweat added. Cooler today so might have to throw them on.