Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

I really want to see a pair of the MBBs up close, they seem to have a beautiful sheen to them.

Nice campfire pic.

My Oni have just crossed the 3 month mark.  There's not as much going on as you can see with other people's pics, but I think they're coming along for a 2-year finish line.  The material is definitely more obviously streaky in person than seems to pick up on camera.

uTvH2Ve.jpg

UFJv8Fs.jpg

of course, i just thought that most were like "i aint washing these until one year"

I wash them when they are dirty. but for now i just let them hang outside every now and then.

I wouldn't say most. I know a couple people are really into the whole not washing thing the majority of us are fine with the denim hitting water. So far I have washed mine twice it's not really a big deal.

They're clothes right? Clothes get dirty and need washing sometimes ( and the winner of most unpopular Superdenim statement of the year goes to......).

Mine had mostly seen leisure wear.. This past week they've gone hiking, and helped tear out a bunch of carpet at the cabin, so they were a bit nasty. Throwing them in the lake for an hour is a pretty gentle wash, they've softened a bit, don't smell, and didn't lose much indigo at all. My creases are still intact, so I haven't hurt any future fading.

I'm nowhere near close to the high contrast fades that some will have, I just want good looking, lived in jeans at the end of the comp. I have a feeling they'll be beautiful.

Now the boots on the other hand....I've been beating on those suckers, and they only get better;)

I was away from the internet for over one month. I'll be in Amsterdam on 14 and 15 of July at the Modefabriek where some items from the Jeansmuseum will be displayed there (don't miss it!) But I hope to have more time for this contest after my return

^^ I'm one of the few never wash raw denim purists, because I like the original indigo colour more then the royal blue colour, which you will receive on all raw denim stuff after the first washing. I even take the risk of an earlier crotch blow out for that. But of course I would never judge how somebody is treating his jeans. Just use your jeans the way you like them most.

I have taken some pics today from my out of the contest MBB 25 oz judges jeans and will post them soon. I'm really happy with those little bastards and love them more and more. They have reached now 100 days of wear in a row.

I checked all last pages on this thread and I have seen some nice denim evolution coming up on this super great contest.

I encourage all contestants to keep on posting frequently to make the denim evolution more visible for all contestants.

And thanks to mega and the crew with adding the picture database, a superb idea to check out all individual progress at a glance

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Cross post from the pics only thread.

HC-IH-06
MBB
Sports Challenge

My Muay Thai gym was celebrating it's anniversary so I thought it would be a great time to convince a friend to spar with me while I wore my MBBs.  It's definitely hard to get your leg up to block with these heavyweight bastards.

5u1p.jpg

grg5.jpg

3smj.jpg

gkea.jpg

2juy.jpg

Another part of the outdoor and sports challenge: singlespeed cycling on the shore, facing wild animals blocking the way, getting caught by the flood and ending up with a sunburn. Wrestling bears can't be as dangerous.
DSC05264_zps5b1f4572.jpg

DSC05266_zpsa831ecc1.jpg

DSC05273_zps92caf6ff.jpg

DSC05279_zps56402da7.jpg

DSC05295_zpse23e9860.jpg
DSC05292_zpsa501eccd.jpg
DSC05290_zpsa611e8a3.jpg

DSC05348_zps462489d6.jpg

Edited by Max Power

After watching the July 4th fireworks, I did a little relaxing with my good friend Mac the Cairn Terrier:

5e21e2f32ab847ec506568fd67c14b34.jpg

Then decided to brave the wild beasts of Michigan's north country, and get some sleep here(for those that camp/backpack, I urge you to try a hammock in lieu of a tent. I have back troubles, and get the best sleep I've had in a hammock):

11028717187d1ab4a5a070179e8bb848.jpg

I survived the night, no bears,coyotes, or bobcats bothered me, although we have seen the first two so far during this trip.

HC-SF-110

End of 2nd Month with the EHxNK 01.

Front_zps8e9b6827.jpg

Back_zps96550577.jpg

Will upload all the photos onto the hwdc2 website in a bit. Mega, should sticky that post to the first page. Was searching for it and had a hard time finding it despite only being 3 pages back lol.

I am prochoice for denim, some denim needs washing before others. 

I am also slightly glad I make my own bracelets, I have now lost two of them right when they start to look perfect.  I am not happy that I have to make a third.

Edited by FLDenim211

IF there is enough interest, if not pizza and beer will have to do.

I'm also just throwing out a few words to see if the provoke interest...

Cape Cod

Marthas Vineyard

Jaws

Amtrak

Niagra