Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Anyone in the Bellevue or Seattle, Washington area? I'll be there a week from now for almost a week. Would be cool to catch up with other heavyweight contest people.

I really enjoyed looking at those posts, its half as nice here where i live.  It rains every day and its hot 24/7

But aside from my whining those posts are incredible and what looks like great memories

Did a month long medical elective in Durban, South Africa late May - June. Got back last week and starting school again this week. I'll get more pictures up later, but here's a couple from my time there. No jeans in the hospitals and clinics, but we went around the area and did various stuff like a safari in Hluhluwe game reserve and illegally crossing in to Lesotho (small country in South Africa's borders) after hiking 8km up a mountain.

lF4KMps.jpg

xwERglJ.jpg

mJBlm2w.jpg

EEPY4se.jpg

kI2nDXA.jpg

Hi guys!

So, there´s a little story to be told here: I promised myself that I would not wash my IH 634S until the day before my wedding, so that I can get married in clean jeans. Since the big day is going to be tomorrow, today, after what has been almost 15 months of daily wear and tear, I put them in the machine. Right now they´re outside drying… But here are the last pics before the wash:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Unfortunately, the lighting doesn´t give them nearly enough credit – they´re more faded than it seems on most of the pics.

Since I don´t think that I´ll have time today to take any postwash-pics once they´re dried, I´ll see to it that I will post them during the weekend – as well as some pics of my wedding… :D

Stay tuned!

Thanks!  She must have put in a dozen hours to get everything just right.  The thicker spots were restitched by hand and all of the threading and fabric was carefully selected and sized; the attention to detail really shows - or doesn't, because it all blends in so well.  This one's a keeper. :)

Thanks Max!  I was showing the other pairs in the contest to my GF after she repaired mine and she thought your combs were the coolest feature on anyone's jeans!

Since the world cup is part of the challenges this round I just have to say how heartbreaking it was watching Chile go down in flames like that. Truly a team of warriors. A heavily bandaged Medel winning duel after duel against the 20 cm taller (and newly subbed in!) Jô is the perfect image of the team, as is his tears when he was carried of on a stretcher.

Too bad they had to face off Brazil so early on. But what a game, what a game. 

Now I only have Costa Rica and Belgium left to cheer on. 

Who do the rest of you guys root for?

Same as you Bobbo, plus I've been impressed with Colombia and there is a mischievous part of me that would like to see Argentina win the cup on Brazil's home turf!

EDIT: cander49's jeans and the repairs are absolutely amazing. Kudos to you and your talented girlfriend.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Same as you Bobbo, plus I've been impressed with Colombia and there is a mischievous part of me that would like to see Argentina win the cup on Brazil's home turf!

EDIT: cander49's jeans and the repairs are absolutely amazing. Kudos to you and your talented girlfriend.

Haha yeah, it would be fun but I don't think they have what it takes to bring it home. And what a goal from Rodriguez against Uruguay!

Took some photos whilst working on a leather project.  Not the best pictures.  Also added a photo of our local landscape.  It is also Canada Day Eve so felt compelled to add in the landscape.

Been somewhat of a phantom recently.  My apologies to my HWDC 2 competitors.  We recently were in a state of emergency due to high water levels.  Manitoba (two provinces over) is currently under severe flood watch.  So it has been a crazy beginning to summer.  Will be heading to Portland, OR in the middle of the month for a much needed fam vacay.  Will take pics there and post upon our return. 

7385E897-5E07-4E1B-A356-3497E63CC8EA_zps

AE4FA2E8-7D68-4312-A826-68880DE4071E_zps

DDACE448-C99E-4DD9-B899-D7C25C10C18A_zps

02CAB8D9-BF69-40BB-9445-8E8904749C73_zps