Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Finally.......... HWDC Challenges Round 6

1) Show your support - As the FIFA World Cup is almost upon us, show your support for the country of your choice, and do it in your denim!

2) Home improvement - we already went to work in our jeans, now get those household chores started.

3) Music to my jawns - make music, dance to music, set your jawns to music. 

End date for the challenges is August 4th 2014.

Very interesting. Living in the USA fairly knocks out #1, and renting an apartment fairly well knocks out #2. I've been meaning to start going to open mic nights, so perhaps being in a denim competition will push me to improve another area of my life... :)

First off- I've not been around in way too long. I'm going to try to be much more active here in the future.

And since my jeans are at their year mark (along with my boots and belts...dog ate my cap :( )

I took some pics today...these are by far my favorite pair, ever.

82253e7e5ad05db43b3a2c020fb7f593.jpg

576731899a3a4bf4d5cda046d9e961eb.jpg

c76894e5f5bc68757b8900c08b23b12c.jpg

b2994ed4f98394dd003b26ab224d6a03.jpg

Cuffs are really starting to get worn, front and rear. I'm not sure they'll last another full year:

2a880df8e7e0eab399c0cf65aa319d96.jpg

252de0e0a8a3eb3dd8292547b068ff03.jpg

I've had to repair the left rear pocket stitching...poorly, but at least I had the repair kit from the DC4001s.

2f3b3f1b5f5461701145aaba30f161f6.jpg

Two items that have stayed in my pockets...

94afdec4cbe855e710fd3b95025ab0b1.jpg Fellhoelter TiBolt Pen, Ernest Emerson custom CQC-5.

My belts- the single prong is the natural russet, and is now darker than the London Tan. Both are holding up well.

I'll post my boots in the appropriate thread....I'm glad to be back!

Challenge 5

I wish I had more time for this to get more pictures or stories, but this was the best I could do.

I work for the University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign and this is a picture of the Alma Mater Statue.  It's really famous here and when students graduate it's tradition to take a picture with her in your cap and gown.  It recently just got back from cleaning (took two years) and many students were sad when they couldn't take their picture with her.

WP_20140429_001.jpg

HC-SF-103 Samuari S5000vx 25oz 15th anniv.

Got my jeans back from repairs just before the weekend. Glad to be back in them, J

Had the crotch, top of inside pocket and cuffs fixed. Thanks to the guys at Unionville.se

P4300280_zpsd2df78a8.jpg

P4300276_zps46f34ffa.jpg

P4300279_zps1323e057.jpg

P4300277_zpseecf033c.jpg

P4300278_zps17ba22c1.jpg

I'm excited for this round of challenges.  I get to play drums for a challenge.

Just wondering who all out there still has not washed their jeans?  Im on about 7 soaks, no soap, no machine wash.  I figure I made it this far why wash em.  I'm sure Im not the only one.

I haven't washed my N&F 32oz jeans yet, or soaked them for that matter. They have gotten some rain and snow on them but that is as close to being washed/soaked as they have come.

^^ My pair have also yet to touch water, but I'm planning on washing them after I graduate in a month. 

Here's my late challenge 5 submission. My only work experience is in the form of internships which don't allow jeans, which left out denim at work, and I've got no significant other, which left out romance, so my only option was show off your country. I go to school in a small town in the mountains (sort of in a valley between mountains), so I don't really have any national monuments or anything, but I think small-town America is a great representation of my country - it's very peaceful and idyllic and it's great being so close to nature. Anyway, here's where I've spent the last 4 years, in the form of kind of a day in my life:

The view when I step out my front door. This is the one main street running through the town/campus:

IMG_1381_zps4db7d124.jpg

The local deli, where they make the best sandwiches. Literally across the street from me.

IMG_1382_zps80b408e5.jpg

The hole-in-the-wall local pub where we go every weekend (and most weekdays now that we're seniors):

IMG_1383_zps71e688f1.jpg

The liquor store. We're on a first name basis with the owner, who calls us in to take shots with him whenever we walk by..

IMG_1384_zpsea619733.jpg

The local coffee shop, and my favorite coffee shop ever. The name comes from the network of tunnels running under the town.

IMG_1389_zps6e875203.jpg

IMG_1386_zps1f63cda1.jpg

IMG_1385_zps7491f5fe.jpg

IMG_1388_zps5fa3f053.jpg

To be continued..

Continued..

I'm on the hockey team, so this rink is where I've spent countless hours over the past 4 years:

IMG_1391_zps3450d46d.jpg

Here's the science quad, where most of my classes have been (math/econ major):

IMG_1394_zps5816670e.jpg

And we're back to my apartment. I live above a sushi/thai restaurant, which as you might imagine gets dangerous.. I eat pad thai probably once a week. My apartment is the two sets of windows in the upper right.

IMG_1392_zpsc564a559.jpg

And finally a couple denim shots I grabbed the other day. Been meaning to do a proper update but I've been super busy with end-of-college stuff. I'm planning on doing a full evo update after I graduate in about a month, when I've got the time and camera to do it justice. That's also when they'll be touching water for the first time, in the form of a wash.

IMG_1421_zps8459ff4e.jpg

IMG_1422_zps93008755.jpg

IMG_1423_zps6f1e25db.jpg

Color is a bit washed out due to direct sunlight, but you can kind of see that there's a bit of vertical falling going on. They've also got a smooth texture in places which I strongly suspect is because they're getting a bit grimy, and I'm hopeful that a wash will reveal more fading than you can see now. Regardless, I'm super happy with where they're at now, and I've got a good feeling about where they'll be in another year!

when I was asked about my favorite pair in the competition I said it was yours. I don't regret that.

Hah, thanks!  He asked me the same questions and yours was one of the 3 I mentioned!