Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Can someone recommend me some of the lower $ denim that would be acceptable? Is Unbranded the cheapest, whats a step up from there?

There are a few options, Paul Rose and N&F as already stated.

You also have Kamikazes 20z, which is a slim straight, over at Tate & Yoko.

http://tateandyoko.com/Kamikaze-Attack-Limited-Edition-20oz-Deep-Indigo-Slim-Straight.html

You could also cop a pair of Red Clouds from Tuckshop in either 17oz(R400) or 21oz(R400S).

http://www.tuckshopsundrysupplies.com/product-category/red-cloud-denim/

They seem really sweet and I recall there being a competition discount for them aswell, although I can't seem to find it at the moment.

I can not say much for Paulrose but as for my elephant 2's i would have to say they are a 100% DO NOT COP. My have had a blow out by the fly that the company reswed after 3 weeks in the mail. a ripped button hole my nice neighborhood taylor fixed for me and just the other day the patch caught an edge on a chair as i say down and nearly ripped clear off my jeans. the thigh inside seam was shredding really early on and ive had to get a huge butt patch and reenforcment sewn into to keep from a croth blowout already. The denim is heavy as hell. The color is nice. They fade really easily, but I whole heartedly have to stear you away from them.

They just started to fade too and I was really likeing them when the patch most recently came undone. I am appaled at the construction of these jeans, and in the N&F thread have seem other blowouts and popped buttons. Even if the company fixes it free the $20 and 3 weeks in the mail was terrible.

I truely hope I just had a bad experience with these and others will prove me wrong.

Yeah, I had them, hated them, then sold them. They're just one of cheap options out there.

More and More Prizes For You Lucky Heavy Champs

My good friend, and Superfuture member Saintkeat of Hall Of Fade, has kindly donated a pair of Hall Of Fades signature 21oz jeans, made by Artist denim. The jeans are a size 29 waist, black denim, and to be in with a chance of winning them, simply hold off washing your jeans as long as possible - get dirty, win denim - simple.

I cannot get the pics to upload, so please see this link for details....

Our good friend Amir at Harrah Leather of Malaysia have donated a pair of wrap around leather braclets, made from natural leather, for each category winner.

49FAA165-FF55-4BD8-9BAE-A1FEB6AB2B91-3247-00000563FC764552.jpg

138C0DD7-2AD9-412C-8B93-CDEF492116DC-3247-0000056406E1A8A9.jpg

Edited by Megatron1505

Was hoping to see a "by Beatle" announcement before going shopping today...no pressure Beats...no pressure... :tongue:

B)

it will be worth the wait..

8401423405_4cbb3c2a1e_z.jpg

also - just received the sample ebbets ..darn, that semi adjustable option makes all the difference, best fitting base ball cap ever

And seriously, guys, I wish I could give you all the details about the first edition of bybeatle made in Japan - but it will be so much better to post a full editorial once the final product is delivered to the UK...the denim is being milled right now , that´s what makes it so super special....it will be worth the wait

8405621340_7f3211aa88.jpg

^^^^^^

Can't wait beats!!!!

On a side note, just to be a pain, is the weight to qualify for the super heavyweight category pre or post soak? Just being nit-picky for the unsanforized crowd...

I don't even know if there any 20oz unsanforized options, or if the 19oz sams would be 21 after the soak, but just thinking out loud.

Edited by DFreshLeish

And seriously, guys, I wish I could give you all the details about the first edition of bybeatle made in Japan - but it will be so much better to post a full editorial once the final product is delivered to the UK...the denim is being milled right now , that´s what m

8405621340_7f3211aa88.jpg

akes it so super special....it will be worth the wait

Will these be slimmer than the Busters, out of curiosity? Everything about them so far seems super enticing.

^^^^^^

Can't wait beats!!!!

On a side note, just to be a pain, is the weight to qualify for the super heavyweight category pre or post soak? Just being nit-picky for the unsanforized crowd...

I don't even know if there any 20oz unsanforized options, or if the 19oz sams would be 21 after the soak, but just thinking out loud.

ONI has a 20 oz unsanforized available through Blue in Green. They also have an 18 oz. If there wasn't the special 25 oz MBB's option screaming my name I would have gone with the ONI 20's.

ONI has a 20 oz unsanforized available through Blue in Green. They also have an 18 oz. If there wasn't the special 25 oz MBB's option screaming my name I would have gone with the ONI 20's.

On a scale of 1-10 how frowned upon is it to get my jeans tapered? 1 being no big deal 10 being banned from the forum? And do they do this at blue in green?

Edited by Pizza_Dough

Not frowned upon, people have their own opinions about it.

Personally, they're your jeans so do what you want with them, I do always wonder if the taper people should have just bought a different cut though.

Also, beware that if you want to keep the selvedge line that they will have to be tapered from the inside.

Not frowned upon, people have their own opinions about it.

Personally, they're your jeans so do what you want with them, I do always wonder if the taper people should have just bought a different cut though.

Also, beware that if you want to keep the selvedge line that they will have to be tapered from the inside.

Yea, I like the denim its the Studio X's-33 nep 21 oz. so it only came in the one cut that when i looked into it i thought id like it ut the foot opening is just a bit big for my taste. :(

Honestly, go ahead and taper them if the denim you bought has everything you want, ie fabric, rivets, buttons, top block, thighs, etc.

I can understand when you find everything you want except that blasted leg opening is a tad too big for sneakers. And finding that absolutely perfect off-the-rack pair is getting exceptionally hard to find these days.

and the official ebbetsxheavychamp colab cap is ready for pre order

We will collect pre orders over the next 6 weeks - as you can imagine we will need at least 30 heads to place the order with ebbets - so don´t be shy..

Ebbets-hats_hwdc.png

and seriously - the semi adjustable option is just the bee´s wax...

8422683315_d6d537d0e2_z.jpg