Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

I just got these custom Wescos in the mail this week. I plan on replacing the buckles with brass roller buckles.

Wesco.jpg

And I had these Road Champs altered by Raul and Willie's Shoe Service in LA. He narrowed the boot shafts to better fit my skinny legs. Couldn't be happier with the service from Willie's.

RC.jpg

I assume that they had to take off the back stay and then resew it. The stitching is perfect tho. If any one is interested in having this done, contact Raul at Willie's Shoe Service in LA. Just give him a call, he's really easy to deal with. These came back exactly how I wanted them. They are from the second run of Road Champs, dark brown. But I put Pecard's on them which darkens them up a bit.

So I had my camera out and thought I might as well take some shots of my shoes.

My main summer rotation:

z8XyoRC.jpg

Some pairs that haven't been been getting as much attention due to the heat:

UaciEKc.jpg

These Red Wings originally had the white wedge soles which I don't particularly like so I had a local shoe repair guy grind them down and put on a cats paw heel and a half sole on the front:

QUThe54.jpg

j8wN4zg.jpg

A thrift store find that have been my main summer pair so far:

S8q0eSM.jpg

As it happens, I'm in the market for a pair for a summer holiday and while this is most probably the wrong forum if anyone got suggestion then that's cool. Single leather or rubber sole, broad round toe box is what I need and preferably blake stitched.

Nudie have a new line in boots, There is a Desert and a Chelsea boot. Available 10th July, Not my cup of char but they might fit your bill, Made in Sweden and pretty light weight.

Nudie-Boots-13-630x420.jpg

Nudie-Boots-09-630x420.jpg

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...