Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

I'd wondered the same thing!

Was going to ask in my earlier e-mail to them but thought better of it.

For what it's worth they've been quite open to my enquiry over existing models, meaning soles and leather choices, but whether it'd be poor form to ask them to recreate something they're doing for somebody else I'm not so sure. Pretty sure it could be approximated though ;)

I'm sure that you would have a certain amount of leeway with your designs, shall we say...

Not sure that the good folk of Derbyshire would agree that they're Northerners, though :D

heady info, hog!

[still] wistfully thinking we can revive the "Lennon Project" group buy :mellow:

imo, it went down the tube due to too much customization... esp., with the leather option w/c was supposedly horsehide, iirc.

if we prolly stick to a more logistically viable option .... not veering too far away from their design & a leather option that is more conveniently available to them ... ie, CXL or 1 of their stock leathers, they might oblige ;):)

re-quoting for awesome fab-ness.

.. now... who knows about these?

8059045303_80065b30e9_z.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

The Dundas people don't have exclusivity on the last for the 01, so I'm sure you could order a pair with say black stitching and a black rather than tartan loop.........

They look similar to these except the toebox looks less upturned on the Dundas:

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footwear/268d-hill-boots.html

How Dundas can justify £535 for the CXL I have no idea......

these have been getting some serious wear. most notably a week in the water in the boundary waters canoe area wilderness (BWCA) in northern mn. only a little bit of mink oil when they dried out.

Photo16.jpg

Those are pretty silly. $1200 for a pair of not custom made, cowhide boots. Cool "6 hour sole" on those. What happens to soles? They wear, they get ripped off and then they get replaced. There are much better options for the price. Plus, if they're true work boots, they should probably have a double midsole for extra rigidity.

Says who?

Says me being ignorant... But yeah, that's not too true. Considered taking it out while typing it, but went with it.

sent in my Alden boots last week for repair with the Shoehealer and they are already done! Talk about fast service. Hopefully I'll still receive them this week.

I'm really starting to like these from William Lennon; not the typical kind of boot i'd go for but perhaps that's why I like them

78n-list.jpg

Visvim is straight up ridiculous and disposable; they are inspired by workwear and Native American handicraft, but made with the durability, affected aesthetics, and inflated price point of high fashion sneakers. You can have that identical look with greater quality and finishing with a stock pair of Wescos, or you could get the boot combo of your dreams in a lace to toe configuration from White's. Both options are less than half the cost, more rugged, rebuildable, and don't smack of conspicuous consumption.

Let the lines, curves, and leathers speak louder than the brand name.

It will be interesting to see the reaction from all the visvim fanboys over on supershopper/fashion to those boots. I'm sure they will come up with some justification as to why they are better than anything the American originators of such boots have ever made.

'You know the plastic heel cup really does make all the difference'.

As far as I know, all visvim footwear is made in China and Korea but again all the folks who buy into the whole thing say that it doesn't matter because the quality control is good. To me 90% of the items they make seem like pointless recreations of perfectly good originals with completely ridiculous prices. Oh well, each to his own I guess.

I'm sure that you would have a certain amount of leeway with your designs, shall we say...

Not sure that the good folk of Derbyshire would agree that they're Northerners, though :D

They can make almost the same boot to order.......black stitching and black pull loop otherwise same spec. CXL is £157 delivered in the UK. Agreed they're not Northerners wonder if Dundas even visited the place!

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...