narin

RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

When I was in Austin, TX a few weeks aog I stopped into a men's clothing shop that carries RRL ( @Broark knows the shop). All of the stuff, mainly shirts and a couple jackets I think, looked pretty good. It was all made in India and shirt prices were $225+. There's no way in hell I'd pay that much for a Made in India shirt that prolly costs about $10-$15 to make there - and that's a lot - and then a HUGE mark-up to put the RRL name/logo on it. There's also a RL flagship store in Aspen, and it is a really cool store. But same thing - made overseas products with a HUGE mark-up. It's thanks to SuFu and the great members here that I'm now more educated about what real quality is. I've never been into brand imagery and hype, as alluring as RRL is. 

Saying all that, I do have a pair of Ralph Lauren English made wingtip boots I picked up at the Vail store nearly 20 years ago at the end of the season sale, that are really sweet. 

The same store had a 250 dollar bandana on display too, no idea where it’s made though. :D

2 hours ago, mpukas said:

When I was in Austin, TX a few weeks aog I stopped into a men's clothing shop that carries RRL ( @Broark knows the shop). All of the stuff, mainly shirts and a couple jackets I think, looked pretty good. It was all made in India and shirt prices were $225+. There's no way in hell I'd pay that much for a Made in India shirt that prolly costs about $10-$15 to make there - and that's a lot - and then a HUGE mark-up to put the RRL name/logo on it. There's also a RL flagship store in Aspen, and it is a really cool store. But same thing - made overseas products with a HUGE mark-up. It's thanks to SuFu and the great members here that I'm now more educated about what real quality is. I've never been into brand imagery and hype, as alluring as RRL is. 

Saying all that, I do have a pair of Ralph Lauren English made wingtip boots I picked up at the Vail store nearly 20 years ago at the end of the season sale, that are really sweet. 

Those shoes are probably made by Edward Green. I believe they've made shoes for Ralph Lauren in the past. Possibly John Lobb too, but I think it's Edward Green.

10 hours ago, Broark said:

The same store had a 250 dollar bandana on display too, no idea where it’s made though. :D

Probably manufactured cheaply in some bandana republic :P

On 11/18/2018 at 2:29 AM, engine said:

RЯL slim fit after about 5 years of irregular wearing

DSCF3544.jpg

DSCF3557.jpg

DSCF3564.jpg

DSCF3572.jpg

DSCF3600.jpg

DSCF3585.jpg

DSCF3680.jpg

Nice blue color!

i'm curios about the belt too... what brand is it? where can i get it?

On 19.11.2018 at 2:34 PM, superheavent said:

i'm curios about the belt too... what brand is it? where can i get it

I am the manufacturer of this belt. It is made of oak bark bridle leather by J.&F.J. Baker.

So it's just been a chore coat kinda week for me. I picked up this RRL herringbone coat marked down to 160 from 690 bucks, kinda insane.
I'm really happy with it considering I had been looking for something very similar made by RMC (can't remember the model but I don't think it's currently in production anymore) and this was a fraction of the cost.
Prefect weight for the temps around these parts, fits well too.
gdLXbMj.jpg
nIrAWb4.jpg
DMmPPxR.jpg
p366c21.jpg
aZDEwr0.jpg
qDqDSE9.jpg
Kmm1Uwa.jpg
czevZb2.jpg

@Broark really good looking jacket and great fit... you're a top chore finder!

On 12/29/2018 at 12:04 PM, Broark said:

So it's just been a chore coat kinda week for me. I picked up this RRL herringbone coat marked down to 160 from 690 bucks, kinda insane.
I'm really happy with it considering I had been looking for something very similar made by RMC (can't remember the model but I don't think it's currently in production anymore) and this was a fraction of the cost.
Prefect weight for the temps around these parts, fits well too.
gdLXbMj.jpg
nIrAWb4.jpg
DMmPPxR.jpg
p366c21.jpg
aZDEwr0.jpg
qDqDSE9.jpg
Kmm1Uwa.jpg
czevZb2.jpg

Whats the measurement austin?

I’ll get you some measurements when I get back in town Ed.

@edmond here are the measurements, I'm going to give it a quick wash and dry in hopes it shrinks a little.
Fits nicely over a sweatshirt but kinda big over lightweight garments.
Chest: 25 in.
Sleeves: 25 in.
Length: 30 in.

Thanks bro so these are a large?

Yeah they come up a bit big. Mine is in the wash now so I can let you know how it shrinks up.

Some post wash/dry fit pics.
Slimmed up just a tad, still fits nicely. Wish the sleeves were maybe half an inch longer.
A8czKvd.jpg
jpAYQBt.jpg
JH6YfyA.jpg

Looks spot on mate