Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

155NAT_FRONT2.jpg

I have been following this thread for a while now and must admit there are some really incredible pieces out there in the market place. Some of the hand-made pieces (the above hand-made journal for example) uploaded by Superfuture members are truly special and if I could hire you all I would. Being a leather maker/designer I really appreciate the characteristics of leather and how it changes over time. Achieving that aged patina is like growing a Bonsai tree. It takes time and patience. That is why we started this vegetable-tanned collection. These pieces are essentially "naked." We have applied no oils or beeswax to soften, protect or change the color of the item. Choosing to let the customer age or oil them the way they want. We have wallets, belts, card cases and bags available in all natural vegetable-tan for you to purchase on line at www.billykirk.com

By for now,

Chris

Co-founder of Billykirk, Inc.

KC's short wallet. Bought from Self Edge maybe six months ago....

Now:

IMG_0798.jpg

gorgeous!! very tempted to pick one up now. are KC wallets still sold in the US, or would i need to go the way of a proxy? from what i remember, these are moreso on the affordable side (<$200)?

Been eyeing your products for quite some time. I'm glad you guys now offer them in the natural color. Keep up the good work!

155NAT_FRONT2.jpg

I have been following this thread for a while now and must admit there are some really incredible pieces out there in the market place. Some of the hand-made pieces (the above hand-made journal for example) uploaded by Superfuture members are truly special and if I could hire you all I would. Being a leather maker/designer I really appreciate the characteristics of leather and how it changes over time. Achieving that aged patina is like growing a Bonsai tree. It takes time and patience. That is why we started this vegetable-tanned collection. These pieces are essentially "naked." We have applied no oils or beeswax to soften, protect or change the color of the item. Choosing to let the customer age or oil them the way they want. We have wallets, belts, card cases and bags available in all natural vegetable-tan for you to purchase on line at www.billykirk.com

By for now,

Chris

155NAT_FRONT2.jpg

By for now,

Chris

i saw your stuff on antennamag.com, i got an offer to be featured on that site as well but had to turn it down. do you really have amish people make your goods? thats badass.

What is your product line?

Chris

i don't have one, someone found me on a forum and thought i was like, a company, and offered me a spot on the site. I just make wallets and stuff (couple pages back since you're following) and can't offer stock, or anything like that, and i don't have a website or anything, so I said no. I still might get something together if i can get everything designed and packaging printed up and stuff, but not for a while. your stuff looks really good though, it's well designed and i like it!

haha, thanks guys. how does everyone feel about a basic bi-fold? i've got one in the works and might postpone releasing for a couple days to make a batch if there's interest. it would be like, 2-3 card slots on one side, coinpouch with snap on the other, money spot. no frills, just super clean

I have a care question.

I have a pair of tan sheepskin lined deerskin gloves. These feel almost nubuck-like, very soft and a matte surface. They have become a bit grubby, particularly where I have been gripping the slightly greasy handlebars of my motorcycle.

Are there any recommended cleaners or treatments for this type of leather? I'd like to protect them too if it is possible....

Any help much appreciated.

haha, thanks guys. how does everyone feel about a basic bi-fold? i've got one in the works and might postpone releasing for a couple days to make a batch if there's interest. it would be like, 2-3 card slots on one side, coinpouch with snap on the other, money spot. no frills, just super clean

i'd definitely be interested

Originally Posted by corter viewpost.gif

Make that but with a clear window for drivers license instead of coin pouch

the bag is beautiful! and corter, that wallet i +repped you for is spot on. here's my little foray into the world of making leather accessories:

it's a wallet rein made of 2 round braided leather ropes tied up with leather string. i'll be getting a matching gold attachment as soon as i find what i'm looking for. i just realized i should get a pic of it on. i'll do that later... by the way, the braids lay side by side on the hip, not twisted much, i assume the twisting will stop once it's broken in a bit.

DSCF1075.jpg

DSCF1076.jpg

thanks corter and ken. that s hook is lame and temporary like i said. i'm just using it till i can find something i like to use there, or i'll use my grandpa's workshop to bend and file the hook to give it some style when i go home for the holidays.

truscan, dope man. bout how thick is it now?

Just over half an inch except at the snap. Just under an inch there.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for me to butcher the coin putse and make it into a thin wallet, though that's mostly silly, since I've got a flathead card case for times when I need a thin wallet. But, just like 1/20th of an inch more in the zipper and it would fit cards.