Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

Cross Posted from Supermarket, since this is where the leatherheads are....

For Sale:

Brand New Studio D'artisan Wallet in Black. Found this locally at a great price, but I don't need another wallet. Bought it anyway, figured it would find a good home on here!

Asking $150 shipped.....$35 off retail, plus free shipping!

Here's the link from Blue in Green showing the model:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=61&category_id=&manufacturer_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

got this cell phone holder today from kamida-san via mizanation (thanks again)

service is unbelievable....hand delivered from japan...my horrible picture taking cant do this justice....

didnt button at first but after some persistence, it fits like a glove...

291440369.jpg

291440367.jpg

291440365.jpg

291440363.jpg

291440361.jpg

291440360.jpg

wallet looks burnt, chicken :P

do you use the coin purse at all?

coin purse?

don't have such a thing. i just stick my coins in my front pocket.

the burnt effect is probably from indigo transfers.

i stopped fighting them.

i used to try to clean them off, but now i want to see what happens if i left them.

beautiful stuff guys! Chicken, did you lose the guitar pick your skull had?

no, the pick is still there, as well as the cards.

i just took them out to show which parts are getting dark and which parts aren't.

btw, corter, i love looking at your constant new work.

Just wondering, anyone here know the kangaroo scrotum pouches commonly sold in Australia as cheap souvenirs? Think those would turn out any good? Gave my friend one a few years back and will try to get pics - if I can get past asking him for shots of his little leather sac.

Great stuff, this thread is almost as much an evolution of corter as it is an evolution of leather.

haha, thanks guys. i'm going to be posting a lot of new stuff once this week is over, i've got some new tools in to make my work even better. it's hell week with school and getting my portfolio even remotely showable, but after this i'm done and will be finishing up orders then making a couple really nice pieces i've been planning for a while for family and christmas and stuff.

i'll deff. be trolling the forums and giving back all the rep and stuff (thanks for all of it, i love hearing feedback), just won't be this week.

chicken: thanks! i'll try to keep it coming.

the burnt effect is probably from indigo transfers.

i stopped fighting them.

i used to try to clean them off, but now i want to see what happens if i left them.

i like the indigo stains. i also like how they look on poly's redmoon. i'm not to be bothered trying to clean them off.

I thought I might get my question answered here:

I bought this leather jacket in a triftstore yesterday. The leather looks really good, but there's some creasing in the arms, esspecially at the cuffs. I was wondering, is it better to oil the jacket, would this prevent it from further creasing and discoloring of the leather? And how am I supposed to do that?

If there's already like an FAQ or whatever, please link me there. Thanks.

I have a pair of Red Wing 1911's. I live in Toronto, so its pretty wet, and alot of salt around during the winter. So I'd like to take care and preserve these boots as much as possible so I can wear them for years! :D

I'm wondering if I should get the Obenauf Heavy Duty LP or their Leather Oil? I'd like to keep the original colour of the 1911's (fucking love the black cherry red) as much as possible.

I know applying pretty much anything on leather will alter its colour in some sort of way. But which product is my best bet in terms of preserving the colour, while protecting the leather from the nasty salt?