Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

was in the process of tanning my RM wallet and a few drops of water got on it, now it looks like it has freckles. anything I can do to fix this?

you could oil it if it's finished tanning, but those drops will eventually wear away with time.

"Thank you for waiting.

we have shipped your wallet (11/14 JST)

Delivery days is 3-4 days from shipping days.

enjoy your life!

best regards,

by shinichi dozono"

such a nice guy :)

what skull did u get?

so excited. i opened it and didn't know it was that big. i should've known since i had the FH mid-size in my hand before. gonna carry this with my FH leather chain :)

gonna tan it during work tomorrow.

how does FH wax work? do i take some out and microwave it and then smother it over the surface or what?

IMG_4561.jpg

IMG_4563.jpg

IMG_4562.jpg

IMG_4565.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

thanks guys.

i'm tanning it right now as we speak:

IMG_4568.jpg

hahaha!

i set the wax under the lamp for a while so it'd soften and then i sponged it and rubbed it onto the wallet and now it's sunbathing under the artificial sunlight maker.

the wax made it a shade or two darker, too.

kenthenoob-Awesome. The size is perfect IMO. Truly a gorgeous wallet; the leather is beautiful. For being handstitched I'm suprised at the consistency of the skull wallets, your pics show the backstitching I hadn't noticed before as well.

dunkindz- Veg tanned leather tends to be photosensitive. In regards to lamps, I believe there is a coating to prevent UV rays from getting through, so I don't think it has to do with UV, just light in general. The tannery I go to stores all their veg tanned stuff upside down. I'm not really certain on the precise differences (in terms of tanning hues) that of natural sun light and that of a room light, it would be an interesting experiment.

It doesnt help anything to tan under a lamp.. tanning of leather is caused by an increased amount of the pigment melanin into the skin's cells after exposure to ultraviolet radiation. Two types of ultraviolet are responsible for tanning, UVA and UVB.

And as OptimaDies said, most household lamps are UV protected..

It doesnt help anything to tan under a lamp.. tanning of leather is caused by an increased amount of the pigment melanin into the skin's cells after exposure to ultraviolet radiation. Two types of ultraviolet are responsible for tanning, UVA and UVB.

And as OptimaDies said, most household lamps are UV protected..

thats what i thought...

i always wondered if putting your wallet in an oven and baking it for a bit would do anything.....

sick wallet none the less ken, you're making me think about getting one...... :(