Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

heres a couple thing's i've been doing. first, some card holders that beatle and I collaborated on:

2072446139_2f85310d00.jpg

then a card/coin pouch that i'm trying to design for someone else. i'm gonna have to do a couple of these to get it right, kinda tough design. this one works well, fits cards and everything, just needs to be a tad wider for me to be happier with it.

2073239152_f4dab1c084.jpg

that fh wax didn't darken it at all... i may not have used enough... oh well.

my obenauf's LP arrive two weeks ago and i used it that same day. it darkened a tad bit. i tanned it for a few hours. didn't re-apply the obenauf's though.

am i doing this right?

6d16e516.jpg

3b9b2544.jpg

while rubbing, the obenauf's LP, i accidentally got some inside, so i just rubbed the interior, too. it darkened slightly:

a633a93c.jpg

ae78151a.jpg

is there any way to prevent the edges from separating like that?

nice work, corter. do you also work with softer leathers?

if so, are you able to make something like the redmoon key holders?

ya, i could do something like that if you send me pictures, i've got a lot of misc. hardware and indian head snaps and stuff.

thanks for the kind words man

then a card/coin pouch that i'm trying to design for someone else. i'm gonna have to do a couple of these to get it right, kinda tough design. this one works well, fits cards and everything, just needs to be a tad wider for me to be happier with it.

looking good E ;)

cant wait to see the finished product....

and the best part of that fabfour wallet is the pick...E....add a pic holder to my order...thanks..haha

beautiful wallet, really interesting design. how much did that run you?

thanks i'm liking it alot the coin case attached to the wallet is a nice touch, got it through hide san's proxy service so with shipping I think the total came out to be just a tad under $400.

your skulls look nice ken.

that fh wax didn't darken it at all... i may not have used enough... oh well.

my obenauf's LP arrive two weeks ago and i used it that same day. it darkened a tad bit. i tanned it for a few hours. didn't re-apply the obenauf's though.

am i doing this right?

6d16e516.jpg

3b9b2544.jpg

while rubbing, the obenauf's LP, i accidentally got some inside, so i just rubbed the interior, too. it darkened slightly:

a633a93c.jpg

ae78151a.jpg

my redmoon separate like that too....so i rub beeswax on the edges and it helps alot:)

Redmoon RM-IFW

Pre-Tan

img4052ji0.th.jpg

img4057zz8.th.jpg

Post-Tan

img4125rt4.th.jpg

img4126kr1.th.jpg

Still have some of the water spots that got on it while I was tanning, but some have disapperared after a coat of Obenaufs LP I put on after the tanning

That is a nice alternate choice of RedMoon, its on my list already since this model offer more card slot ;) which is missing from the HR-01A model, Great pick up!

am i doing this right?
It's looking good! I don't think there is any official way of doing it (aside from not over oiling/tanning) and think its more about personal preference. Does it give you any back problems at all? My wallet at its thickest is about an inch and gets somewhat uncomfortable after prolonged sitting sessions.

my redmoon separate like that too....so i rub beeswax on the edges and it helps alot:)
I second the beeswax, its a great burnishing agent. Do the skull wallets include an edger like last crops and wild swans?

If you just can't seem to get beeswax somehow:confused: you can get a dampened cotton ball or Q-tip and lightly dab it on the edge (be precise with your dabbing) then get bone/antler/something smooth and hard (I actually found that canvas works well) and rub it down.

nice work, corter. do you also work with softer leathers?

if so, are you able to make something like the redmoon key holders?

+1, Corter you're skill and work keeps getting better and better.

I'm thinking this keyholder in the pics from earlier in the threadis what kethenoob was refering to, but if you could create something like this I would want one too.

just arrived

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Just for reference..wore mine for about 1 year...

1106265837_301f26993e.jpg

ae78151a.jpg

I've read saliva is an awesome burnishing agent, but I'm sure any bodily fluid would do the job.

I've read saliva is an awesome burnishing agent, but I'm sure any bodily fluid would do the job.

Burnishing means to make smooth, it also means to polish.

Burnishing is traditionally just preformed with water(or tragacanth gum) and something hard, so I don't see why spit wouldn't work; I think your train of thought originated from spit-shinning.

+1, Corter you're skill and work keeps getting better and better.

I'm thinking this keyholder in the pics from earlier in the threadis what kethenoob was refering to, but if you could create something like this I would want one too.

i think i asked him about a key pouch like this earlier...put me on the list for one also :)

Most beeswax candles use parafin wax (acidic) <- what most candles are made.

Most of the eco-shops sell beeswax.

failing that, try a hardware store that sells floor wax, antique furniture wax and stuff like that. They sell bars of beeswax. In the UK they are only about £1

I just got a belt from miz's guy today. Had to get holes punched in them. The shoe guy had to take at least 2 passes with each hole. Kept remarking how good the leather was.

Sorry, no pics, though, can't find the camera computer chord.