Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

i recently went to a chickahominy pow-wow and they had a real thorough selection of leather( elk hide,buffalo,etc) goods, from pouches, and things that fall into the redmoon genre. they had leather swatches, and real or synthetic sinew so you could make stuff for self. all of the shit was cheap, and actually made by native tribesmen. redmoon, and wildswans are cool, if you got the guap, but for rare hides that are dumb cheap( for comparison the pouch i wear on my belt was like $5, compared to the similar 120buck one from redmoon) go to a pow-wow.

i think one of the sites was e2nd.net

Nice, they've got a pretty good selection.

Do I need a proxy to order from them?

Also, any idea what the options below each wallet means Custom1, Custom2, ...)?

I'm feeling this one hard:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.e2nd.net/br-rm/rm-511-01-f/rm-rdc-01.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://e2nd.net/%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff

Got my skull mid length also a saddle wallet chain...pics coming soon. I didn't order any leather treatment with it :( so now with moving around the country and my credit card getting damaged (still a few days away) it might be a few weeks till i can get some in. Anyone want to be generous and send me some Obenauf Heavy Duty LP? I can paypal it...

It's a combination of me not being a good photog, using a grainy film, taking pics next to an open window (for max lighting, I thought). I thought it looked good :( . There are a couple of scratches on it that don't show up.

Anyway, I still like it. It fits into the Lee pocket well, but it does protrude quite a bit in the Levi's. It's not comfortable to sit on, of course, but I take it off at work, which is where I do the majority of my sitting anyway.

I'd get the shorter wallet, if I had to do it over again. And I still might, eventually.

That looks really good ang_kangkong, did you do anything special to avoid indigo stains?

Actually, I don't think there's any way to avoid indigo stains if you wear raw denim. The corners and edges are black from the indigo, and there's some on the front side, where the pocket's fabric gets folded over, plus the stitching's gotten some indigo rubbed onto it as well. I think it's because I don't have Japanese denim, which is dipped way more than Levi's and Lee from the USA, that I don't have as much as some others.

I occasionally cleaned them with leather cleaner. Lincoln (miz's guy recommended this, it's harder to find, though) and/or Lexol work fine.

Aside from Redmoon and KC's are there any other solid Japanese wallet makers?

My friend will be going to Japan soon and I want to give him money to bring me back something.

The KC's wallet I really like is sold out (Ranchero), and I can't justify the price for the Redmoon stuff.

Thanks.

.jacob,

If its the brown and tan ranchero its because I've been sitting on it for the past month and a half. :)

If you want a chain/rein wallet go with redmoon, Kc'S, skull, one's worker, or Flat head, all amazing quality or you can even have Miz's guy make you one. (just go back a page or two to see some of his craftsmanship.)

If you want a tradional wallet go with last crops or wild swans, amazing stuff.

annnd if you want something more affordable, then try asking corter.

right?

right?!

so anyway, i'm thinking about grabbing my dad something nice for christmas... and since his wallet is about to die on him, i thought i'd grab him a nice wallet. he has a trifold right now. are there any good trifolds out there? if not, i might just get him a skull medallion in medium.

also, gonna get my mom a new purse and wallet. are there any nice purses out there with a lot of pockets? same question for the long wallet.

annnd if you want something more affordable, then try asking corter.

right?

right?!

haha, thanks ken. if anyone wants anything, feel free to pm me, i'll see what i can do. I can deff. get you a wallet chain for $20-30 instead of $100 if that's what you need.

as for the next batch of my own stuff, i just got some new tools in the mail a couple days ago to make the quality and craft as good as possible, and I started cutting and a little sewing today, finishing up some custom orders. i don't want to toot my own horn on this but... ahhh....:D