Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

Oil prevents cracking and scuffing. The Obenaufs LP contains beeswax that releases over time to help prevent the leather when being used under stressful conditions. The regular Obenaufs oil does the same thing but is not as protective, due to the fact that it is mainly used on small leather goods and other items not taking such a beating from the elements.

does this mean i should get the oil, too, if i don't want it cracking/scuffing?

Irbe 78 if its not horribly noticable just leave it and it will wear itself out. If it is noticable just apply another small amount of Ob's to the one shoe to darken it a lil' more.

Ken, what do you have the LP or the oil? You only need the oil if you don't have any large leather goods do you? ie: shoes? If so then just get what I did, the small leather goods pack, comes with waterproofner (which I never really use) oil and LP. I also picked up the jaguar cleaner. They give you so much of the stuff in the small set that youll prob have it for a few years, since it's sposed to be used sparingly.

I decided to apply some Obensauf LP to my Visvim Bucks (Don't ask me why i was bored one day). Anywas they darken the boot (use to me more of a light color think Timberland) which I don't mind. Thing is the foot of one boot is darker then the other. Wondering anybody know how I can fix this. Would it eventually wear down? Should I apply more Obenauf to the rest of the two boots to even it out?

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o301/irbe78/Picture152.jpg

Hard to tell in picture, but BOTTOM toe cap section is darker then TOP boot.

get a soft towel and try wiping the 'darker' boot down kinda like you are polishing it... it will remove some of the wax from the boot but it should make it lighter

Flat Head tan mid-length wallet

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

sid, great evolution. i had a question. can you fit a passport in the left zip pocket? or anywhere else? i'm looking for a passport travel wallet.

I think I might be selling this. If anyone is super interested PM me for te details. I thought I'd put it out to the leather fiends first...

Wallet1.jpg

i pm'd you about this. if you haven't gotten that, maybe you'll check here. let me know if you changed your mind or if it's already gone, sidney, the wallet is looking good.

He's had it for about 7 months, with no oiling, tanning, or waxing.

We've found that Flat Head leathers don't really need anything done to them for at least during the first year..

They're lightly waxed and wrapped in wax paper right before being packaged in the Flat Head box.

We've found that Flat Head leathers don't really need anything done to them for at least during the first year..

They're lightly waxed and wrapped in wax paper right before being packaged in the Flat Head box.

doesn't apply to the flat head coin case though... the leather isn't waxed like the wallet.

i wonder if putting obenauf's LP or pecard's dresssing on it will help prevent indigo stains? thoughts?

The KC's that Im currently using came pre oiled or at least with some sort of coating, because when I initially got it I tried to put just a little bit of Obenauf's oil on it and all it did was smudge around and not soak into the leather. It still got indigo stains that I have tried to clean off but to no avail have failed at.

Well i postponed posting this photo due to multiple problems with the wallet and me basically being pisssed off but here they are eventually. I wont go into detail but lets just say my wallet got stuck in some of the heavyiest rain for a few minuites. Anyway i didnt get to take better pics before it happened so here is the only decent photo that i took.

resizedsufupic.jpg

4th December 2007

resizesufupic2.jpg

Today 26th December 8pm.