Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

Well done Kho! You can bevel and burnish the edges to give it a cleaner more finished look. I recommend reducing the weight of the leather to something more like 3-4oz, that leather looks a little thick and makes it harder to work with. If you have the money to spring for some higher quality leather than do it; I just bought a whole side of this Royal Meadow Oak and the leather is practically flawless (no range/tick/branding marks, with minimal wrinkles/veins, it is gorgeous stuff).

I actually like the look of using a rotary punch for the stitching holes, did you opt to do so because of the leather thickness? In one pic it looks like youre going through 4 layers of 5-6oz or 6-7oz stuff. It looks like you reinforced the bending areas by doubling up the stitching, if so, nice attention and forethought to functionality/detail. Great job man, I can't wait to finish some things I've been working on myself.

Well done Kho! You can bevel and burnish the edges to give it a cleaner more finished look. I recommend reducing the weight of the leather to something more like 3-4oz, that leather looks a little thick and makes it harder to work with. If you have the money to spring for some higher quality leather than do it; I just bought a whole side of this Royal Meadow Oak and the leather is practically flawless (no range/tick/branding marks, with minimal wrinkles/veins, it is gorgeous stuff).

I actually like the look of using a rotary punch for the stitching holes, did you opt to do so because of the leather thickness? In one pic it looks like youre going through 4 layers of 5-6oz or 6-7oz stuff. It looks like you reinforced the bending areas by doubling up the stitching, if so, nice attention and forethought to functionality/detail. Great job man, I can't wait to finish some things I've been working on myself.

Thanks for your advice Optima. I am using 4oz leather it just looks that way because i used two sheets of leather for the outside so that it stays together more and makes it a bit harder. This leather is pretty much what i was looking for i like the look of it.

I've seen your stuff also great work ;)

I am also making a few more as we speak. So if anyone wants one feel free to message me and ill probably get back to you within minutes. Its a free day for me today so ill probably be working on the wallets and checking my sufu every few minutes.

anyone know where on rakuten or a japanese website that sells thick leather wallet chains? ive checked rakuten and found a good website but i forgot it. all the ones i see on rakuten aren't what im looking for.

something similar to these

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=257

really like this flat head chain but with a different hook.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=223

I never understood the use of a coin pouch? I just usually throw the change in my pocket and toss it in a jar at home.

maybe not in the US, but very useful in HK and Tokyo... every time i go, i end up with a lot of coins

dibadiba- thats an awesome design man, only crit I have is to punch smaller thread holes.

thanks, any praise from you makes me know I'm doing something right!

I'm using the smallest punch size on my punching-tool, maybe a different choice of leather would make it less obvious, or maybe a thicker thread.

seriously...sufu leather design contest, whos in? winner gets to pick his favorite piece from other contestants for keeps.

very creative prize!

how much money did you spend on tools total?

can i get a pic and list of tools? :)

*edit* corter, do you have leather that's soft enough to make pouches?