Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

much expansion in my leather collection as of late:

lgc belt

DSCF1085.jpg

fixed the braided wallet rein (added a smaller clasp to wallet end, retied it with artificial sinew instead of leather cord, which didn't stay tied)

DSCF1087.jpg

DSCF1088.jpg

new solid wallet rein i made. i might redo it like the bracelet so it can be tied tighter. will oiling it eliminate the fuzziness?

DSCF1089.jpg

DSCF1090.jpg

bracelet i made with same 6mm cord as rein. it is quite stiff, hopefully oiling it/wearing it will help. i will be filing the s hook to make it more stylized.

DSCF1091.jpg

DSCF1097.jpg

last but certainly not least, indy boots! any advice for wearing these boots in a place where rainy is the norm?

DSCF1098.jpg

2144888373_ff07b2876d.jpg

2144888899_3a5ea8f11b.jpg

2144888669_77b08d6ae9.jpg

2144891103_d75b092ede.jpg

Long time no post, hope everyone's christmas went well. Here's mostly what i've been up to the last couple weeks, minus since christmas because i've been amazingly sick. I could finally put my head down without having my nose stuff up and my glands throb tonight, so I started work on some iPhone cases since someone asked me to make some (and I happened to get one for xmas). I think it looks good, just a pain to make.

2145681090_835b90fef2.jpg

thanks guys. photo- bevel em, that's what i do

La-vvoc- keeping any phone in your pocket while you sit down all day might not be a good idea, although i've done it for a few years with my razr. i've been using a case like that one (way less nice though) for a week in my back pocket and i sit on it once in a while, but if i'm eating or on the computer i take it out. unless its like, metal or something, i don't think it'll guarantee a phone not breaking. feels pretty solid though, the iphone's rugged as is and the leathers thick

that's cool, corter. are you going to try and make it one piece? :)

I could do that easily, but that one extra piece to make the strap would waste a lot of leather on the rest of the hide. I think 2 is still clean but also practical. I've also found that with stuff i design, my style is coming through as really simple and clean, so I think this stays true to that. Don't want to make redmoon ripoffs forever ;) ;)

Beatle: I'm blushing as usual, hahaha

hey i have a leather jacket that is relatively rough and course...i was wondering if there was any sort of cream that i could apply to the jacket to soften the leather up a bit....i was at the store today and noticed that the jackets on display of the same style were really soft, while others were rougher like mine, i assumed they applied some cream to it.....any ideas??? thanks!!

sexy boots, corny one. would any leatherworkers here be kind enough to share the tools you use for wallet making and also the weight of the leather you use for the card holder type non-thick areas of the wallet? i found a good deal on some heavy veg tan leather for the main components and am excited about taking a shot at it. also about how many square feet of the various leathers did it take to make a mid length wallet? many thanks.

edit: also do you use any adhesives?