Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

heres a new one, i made a card holder too but it's not really worth posting, just looks like the other card holders. i guess i would call this a "skinny mid", it's just big enough to fit dollars vertically, and sticks out above my pocket maybe 1/2-1". it holds cars and even little keychain cards and a key or something, plus has a solid nickel dee for a chain. It's very simple but it holds a bunch, the first of my complete own design.

1912520985_2be154a2cb.jpg

1912519931_5d05cead0c.jpg

one of it with some stuff to show scale (it's about 4" wide)

1913351112_2f6e0e0097.jpg

what do yall think of the design?

thanks guys! I'm really excited about it and i'm planning on making 3-4 more of those this weekend, one for myself as well. I'm really getting into this so i'll probably make that my first official product that I'll sell under my name. They're fun to make but really really functional, and they're super slim but wide so you get pocket fadezzzz...but it spreads out the wallet in your whole back pocket so it's comfy too.

oh, i put everything you've seen here up for sale to fund more leather and supplies for a holiday stockup of stuff, I tried to keep the prices well below other peoples and super fair, so if anyone wants anything you can get it here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=40200

thanks for the input rome and ken!

haha, i'm working on the branding right now (and the name), I'd love to make it something i could use in my design portfolio so hopefully i'll be able to get something worked out soon. I do want to get a brand or punch or something made too, I think i might sew a material tab on the inside of the next batch just to try it out and see if it works for branding.

edmond, miz had a link of some his works here. But he does custom work. I saw a scissor case coleslaw had for his barber that must be aging nicely, wish I could see it now (hint, hint).

superstar & knucks.

looking great... Thanks for the share, i would defs cop a peacemaker if not for the posture problems it would cause.

The RM looks like it is getting some proper wear.

Corter you stuff is looking better and better.... good to see you have a sale thread up and running! I hope all goes well for you!

damn i cant wait to get my skull...

i still haven't ordered my skull... now that i got my paycheck and i worked extar hours, the FH mid-length is very tempting, but not all that useful to me... pretty much just aesthetics, whereas the skull has more function for me... because the back pocket on these contest jeans are so much bigger than the ones on my new standards.

I've got a few wallets hanging around the house, but the Skull wallet is my daily wallet. I'll probably end up with a FH, touching a black one at SE made my...umm...thingie tingle. I was just tested so I know it wasn't anything medical. But even if that happens, the Skull will still be my daily driver.

Yeh i contacted shinichi, from the skull thread (ie our local sufu skull rep) and asked if he could specially order me one with a hopeful discount. He hasn't replied yet though i think that he hasn't logged on yet. I would love to get a leather section to the FABFOUR/ SKULL JEANS : Used & Repair sample gallery. With before and after and some great leather evolution. Maybe even a competition could be started for leather wear and evolution if there is enough interest in the distant future.

But yeh now i am getting impatient, i have had the money ready, so i just bought a midi keyboard. Oh well.. Hopefully he gets back to me soon...It has been three weeks :rolleyes:

Yeh the skull i think is nearly as beautiful (with the pick holder detail) aestheticaly, though the FH is really beautiful ,well the S.E. version anyway. The skull has won me over due to practicality.. arrrgh can't wait much longer.

thats the reason i went with the skull jcotteri....initially, i wasnt a huge fan of the detailing on the outside, but i love it now. i love a lot of the RM/FH etc wallets, but they just arent practical for me. the zip inside is pointless as i rarely carry coins, and there is never enough card slots.

you wont be disappointed with the skull!

Got this in today, it's a Yoder Small Belt Pouch. It's 4 1/2'' wide, 3 1/2" tall, and 1'' deep. It fits my cell perfectly with some extra room for my chapstick. The concho is 1 1/2" and is probably my favorite thing about the pouch. This thing is amazing. The quality is pretty damn good and the leather is really thick.

DSC08349.jpg

DSC08353.jpg

DSC08350.jpg

DSC08351.jpg

jpgm i know i know i can't wait to get it, i might wait until after my uni exams and then just order it.. Maybe i should email skull directly to get him to check his pm's here..or maybe that would be rude..yeh it probably will be. From memory you have the midlength yeh?

kenthenoob I have seven close Japanese friends so it is no problem for me, but i seriously don't think that you need to speak Japanese at all. The company has a few representatives that speak english from memory...

Japanese

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/sj-bc016-medallion-l/

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/BC016.html

English

https://own-magazine.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=17&products_id=248

If you are worried i noted that shinichi just told people to email fabfour directly @

[email protected]

So hopefully that solves your worries mate...good luck and definately get the mid length one or (l) large as called on the fabfour website.

p.s.

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/BC042.html

nice pick up stoops...

We're getting these on November 24th..

Flat Head Coin Case..

Price will be around $85...

fh-je-00-03.JPG

stoops - really nice pickup

jcotteri - just email shinichi, i havent seen him round here for a while, and he has always responded to my emails relatively quickly. i have the medium size, which is basically a standard size wallet, rather than a mid-length.

err

skuls http://item.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/sj-bc016-medallion-l/

or the flathead 2nd mids?

almost same design...

though i've never seen either wallet in person i keep reading on here that the flat head quality is better. but, the skull is more affordable, plus it has more card slots. the coin pocket on the flat head would be unused, for me anyways. though i love my redmoon, i wish it had more card slots and no coin case. so, to answer your question, i would go with the skull based on price and more card slots. then again, i would get the medium sized one.