Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

Leather that ages with dramatically with wear or time is neither "dry" or "raw", if it was raw it would rott and smell stinky. So what they do is add a vegetable tannin, very light tanning that lets it change with wear, so the wallet has been tanned already, but not stained. So I guess you call it "unstained", RM called it SDsd, thats usually how I refer to it.

Drapygo you should post pics of your problem.

Hrmm quite peculiar, I'm tempted to say thats normal but it looks abit strange, especially since its new. I would probably ask someone more experienced, maybe Kiya can tell you something. I guess thats where RM has the advantage, "lifetime guarantee".

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I'm pretty sure thats just normal wear drapygo. The glue between the sheets of leather is just looseningand coming apart all of which is a natural process. The stitching will hold it in place perfectly, though if you really are worried try one of those wood scrapers or some wax or something to seal the edges? Just an idea i am no leather expert.

I'm pretty sure thats just normal wear drapygo. The glue between the sheets of leather is just looseningand coming apart all of which is a natural process. The stitching will hold it in place perfectly, though if you really are worried try one of those wood scrapers or some wax or something to seal the edges? Just an idea i am no leather expert.

agreed....i think you're fine drapygo. my skull wallet looked like that from the get go, and is holding up fine. i was a bit concerned at first, but i read something on here explaining that it was normal. now that i'm reassured, if anything i'm glad the little gaps between the pieces of leather exist - it gives the wallet a bit more character, especially now there is indigo from my jeans along the gaps.

Nah thats the norm, you'll be fine. anyway heres the pics of the KC's wallet I ordered a while back. This is the ranchero model mid length wallet with tan and brown chain. The quality on this thing is amazing so thick, and the leather is buttery smooth.

ranchero6.jpg

ranchero5.jpg

ranchero4.jpg

ranchero3.jpg

ranchero1.jpg

ranchero7.jpg

I love that wallet Rome, thats what I would get if i ever got one.

Here's some new stuff I did this past week, i've been super busy with midterm stuff so I've had little time. I'm sorry if i haven't answered all my pm's about this stuff too everyone, I got a lot and haven't been on much.

nothing new really, I got some metal zippers and redesigned the wallet more redmoon-ish. Overall my craft is getting much better, and I'm getting the design down right.

1702600631_6d088de5ba.jpg

1703464736_b3544fb8ea.jpg

1702609259_51c4c7d940.jpg

1703469052_ca5a19b66a.jpg

and one with the first one i've ever made vs. a new one. Mine's been tanned maybe 3 times and neatsfoot'd maybe 3 times, so has my wrist band (which is obviously out in the sun more). wallet lives in some black samurai's if that matters, both about a month of use.

1703455976_163069fd4b.jpg

Carrying/sitting on a huge ass wallet fucks up your back after a while.

I had a leathergoodsconnection long wallet that I used for 6 months and my back started hurting so I stopped wearing it.

Yeah, you've gotta watch out if you're going to get a full on long wallet.

It's really hard on your back and one of the reason we switched to carrying mid-length wallets is because half of the people that bought long wallets from us came back a few months later saying it was giving them some back issues.

We figured it wasn't worth the trouble of a wallet giving you spinal issues, so we decided to make the shift to mid-length wallets.

Nah thats the norm, you'll be fine. anyway heres the pics of the KC's wallet I ordered a while back. This is the ranchero model mid length wallet with tan and brown chain. The quality on this thing is amazing so thick, and the leather is buttery smooth.

ranchero6.jpg

ranchero5.jpg

ranchero4.jpg

ranchero3.jpg

ranchero1.jpg

ranchero7.jpg

Shit, that's nice! Welcome to the KC's club.

Where does the button hit on your pocket? Can we see a pic with it your pocket?

Shit, that's nice! Welcome to the KC's club.

Where does the button hit on your pocket? Can we see a pic with it your pocket?

I will later on when my Warehouse jeans are back out of the tub, I'm re-soaking them to try and get a lil more shrinkage out of them. The button faces inward because I keep my wallet in the right pocket, and no I don't really feel it all that much its really small.

some good shit on this page. poly's wallet looks so soft...

and yeah, that's the thing i've noticed about the KC's.. the hook for the chain is on the left side, and i'd have the wallet on my right side as well, so the button will end up going into my right cheek. doesn't that hurt?

and oh baby, holla at that skull wallet :)