Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

i have a pair of beeswax desert boots, but i can rarely wear them anymore. operating a clutch is a royal pain in the ass in them.

skull midlength medallion wallet at a year or so--

skullot6.jpg

i have a pair of beeswax desert boots, but i can rarely wear them anymore. operating a clutch is a royal pain in the ass in them.

...surprised you find that to be a problem. I find the thin-ish crepe sole to be quite responsive. I ain't racin the streets or anything, though. Just drivin and flippin my bird at fuckers who don't pay attention.

...surprised you find that to be a problem. I find the thin-ish crepe sole to be quite responsive. I ain't racin the streets or anything, though. Just drivin and flippin my bird at fuckers who don't pay attention.

it's not so much the playability with the pedal, but moreso the low clearance of it, combined with the heel, and my anal necessity of a floor mat. mainly the heel, though. i snag it on the floor from time to time and it upsets whatever shifting i'm doing. i wore them to work for the past couple of days, though, and i think i'm getting used to it.

Here's my dads belt. He's had it for about 5-10 years and has never oiled or tanned it PURPOSELY. i say that because he doesn't give a shit about the belt and to him, it's just a belt. It's probably tanned because sometimes he wears his shirt tucked in and as for oiling, it could have been oiled by anything. It started natural, so he says.. and the time line is not 100% accurate because he said it was 10 years old. but he always exaggerates the oldness of his clothes to show me you don't really need new clothes.

3226347977_75fc754775.jpg

3226347973_55837d489d.jpg

notice the different shades of brown

3226347967_cbd37baa21.jpg

"bruises" from the belt buckle.

ill oil it and post pictures after if anyone is curious if itll look any different. i am a bit...

Here's my dads belt. He's had it for about 5-10 years and has never oiled or tanned it PURPOSELY. i say that because he doesn't give a shit about the belt and to him, it's just a belt. It's probably tanned because sometimes he wears his shirt tucked in and as for oiling, it could have been oiled by anything. It started natural, so he says.. and the time line is not 100% accurate because he said it was 10 years old. but he always exaggerates the oldness of his clothes to show me you don't really need new clothes.

If that really did start out natural, can you give your Dad some +rep for me?

• 2 weeks later...
I totally agree -- here are some pics of my Muji wallet:

DSC_0002_3.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG>

I only got it in June, so there's not much evo yet. I didn't tan or oil it, just natural wear. I'm thinking about trying Lexol to clean and condition when the time comes... maybe?

aww nice wallet, where can i buy this online ? plsss

I have mine for almost 2.5 years now, use daily, Not as dark as many of the other RM is ,maybe because i never oiled it, used Lexol conditioner maybe every 6 months. Definately need to get it repair when i go back to Hong Kong next time. The snap wont close and lose stitching. But i believe is free for repair, only pay s&h.

k1w8p4.jpg

2llox01.jpg

2w2j2xk.jpg

b5fn7b.jpg