Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

Hey guys,

I just bought a skull short wallet and I want to protect it from getting all indigo stained from my flatheads which already stained the wallet a bit. Is there a good product I ca use to get the indigo off my wallet and protect it from getting any more indigo on it as my flatheads are new and bleeding over everything. Thanks

Hey guys,

I just bought a skull short wallet and I want to protect it from getting all indigo stained from my flatheads which already stained the wallet a bit. Is there a good product I ca use to get the indigo off my wallet and protect it from getting any more indigo on it as my flatheads are new and bleeding over everything. Thanks

No............

I think Edmond is the only person rocking Dolce Vita so I decided to share some pics. This wallet is unfotunately not mine, but it is a beauty nonetheless. It was used for 5 years by the owner of Clever. It was never oiled outside of natural "hand" oil, which is why the darker areas are towards the fold of his wallet.

Ostrich leg outer shell-

ostrichaged.jpg

Cowhide inner-

Ostrichagedopen.jpg

Brand new-

ostrichnew.jpg

I would highly recommend Dolce Vita for anyone considering it. The price:quality ratio is about as good as it gets and their products are extremely customizable. For wallets, can choose the outer shell material- cowhide, cordovan, ostrich, lizard, elephant (no joke), stingray (!!!), et al; the color of the inner material (10 options); and the cut (bifold, mid, or full size). For their belts, you can special order the belt hole to be cut at any given length. Speaking of which, their belts are also one of the most reasonably priced garrisons out there and are of better quality than Sugarcane's IMO.

Edit-

I just realized I had a couple more photos lying around. This is a cowhide wallet belonging to a customer and used for maybe 4-5 or so years. I am unsure about if/how he treated it.

Cowhide shell-

cowhideaged.jpg

Inner-

cowhideagedopen.jpg

will the inside of the wallet age as well? Not many of those in this thread.

Do you need to oil the leather? If you do what do you use?

From what i gather reading this thread, usually pure neatsfoot oil, or mink oil. Obenauf"s leather oil is also a favorite around here. the inside will age but not as much as the outside obviously.

From what i gather reading this thread, usually pure neatsfoot oil, or mink oil. Obenauf"s leather oil is also a favorite around here. the inside will age but not as much as the outside obviously.

I saw some Japanese stores are selling Lexol and expensive as well.

What do they use for? I have bunch of Lexols that are used for car detailing.

Left: Sidneylo (fill me in on how long...)

Right: Cotton Duck (brand new untouched)

2198369826_d1b5deea42_o.jpg

(excuse the quality, pics were quickly taken over lunch, but you get the point I'm sure...)

Yah it does age... :)

Can I get a fit picture with Midlength? I don't want my wallet stickout too much. Since I'd need to use this with suits as well lol.

how long do you all leave your leather pieces out when you sun tan them?

as long as it takes to get to the color you are aiming for. my last wallet, i tanned for about three days...roughly 20 hours.

I saw some Japanese stores are selling Lexol and expensive as well.

What do they use for? I have bunch of Lexols that are used for car detailing.

Lexol has many products, but the one used mainly for wallets is a leather conditioner.

Ostrich leg outer shell-

ostrichaged.jpg

Cowhide inner-

Ostrichagedopen.jpg

Brand new-

ostrichnew.jpg

woah im sure that will create some nice backpocket fades, than into some holes.. or the bumps aint that bad?

Hey stalker, where did u manage to find all this pictures?

Any of the aged elephant leathers? will really like to see them.