lets see what you've got.

partytaco

Everyone has way more badass stuff than I do. fuck you all. =)

Levi's Premium, A.P.C. Cures, PBJ XX-005, Helmut Lang Super-Long, Slim Jim

Which Levi's Premium model are they? We only get certain models (and certain finishes in those models) in Canada...stupid Canada. :confused:

Genuine question: Could any of the LVC fanatics amongst us share just what it is that fixates them so? Is it because it's an authentic repro, the Levi's original paraphernalia (be it branding or the cuts / aesthetics), the romantic connection with Valencia St. with the early LVC stuff, the nature of Cone denim, made in USA etc etc.? tia.

For me I prefer the more authentic cuts. Fashion trends come and go but those classic cuts will always be in style. Cone is still used on LVC. I prefer the Valencia St stuff though I do have to admit the last 3 LVCs I bought were all very nice. On from late 05, fall 06 and S/S 07 all were great. I owned a couple from a few years back but have sold them all I didn't care for them as much as I did for the early 555 stuff but the new line looks good.

For me I prefer the more authentic cuts. Fashion trends come and go but those classic cuts will always be in style. Cone is still used on LVC. I prefer the Valencia St stuff though I do have to admit the last 3 LVCs I bought were all very nice. On from late 05, fall 06 and S/S 07 all were great. I owned a couple from a few years back but have sold them all I didn't care for them as much as I did for the early 555 stuff but the new line looks good.

Re. cuts that's totally understandable, however there has been occasional talk that with the OCD like attention to details by the likes of say Sugar Cane, it may lead to an ironic circumstance in which their '47 model could arguably be purported to be more true to the vintage Levi's 1947 501 cut than an LVC '47. I shall assume though that for you vut is just one of the considerations arather than the consideration.

Re. cuts that's totally understandable, however there has been occasional talk that with the OCD like attention to details by the likes of say Sugar Cane, it may lead to an ironic circumstance in which their '47 model could arguably be purported to be more true to the vintage Levi's 1947 501 cut than an LVC '47. I shall assume though that for you vut is just one of the considerations arather than the consideration.

I don't like the LVC 47 its not cut authenticly now the 55 is a very different story. Very good.

For me I prefer the more authentic cuts. Fashion trends come and go but those classic cuts will always be in style.

I respect your dedication to the authentic details, but I don't know how you can argue than the original cuts are more "in style" than slightly altered interpretations of them.

And I think it comes down to the division between what's classic, and what's instyle. For instance, the 1920 201 is unquestionably classic, but I think it falls far outside of what most people (not on this board, of course) would call "in style".

Miles my point is this trim/low trend will fade it was around in the late 60s early 70s and faded then/ back now created by marketing folks so they can sell more stuff and the classic fit of say the 201s will still be just that classic. Just like an A-2 or a G-1 flight jacket; classic.....

Miles my point is this trim/low trend will fade it was around in the late 60s early 70s and faded then/ back now created by marketing folks so they can sell more stuff and the classic fit of say the 201s will still be just that classic. Just like an A-2 or a G-1 flight jacket; classic.....

Surey the trim/low trend will fade. But, as you would have to agree, so did the cinchback full-cut of the 201s -- over 75 years ago at that. I'd say the 201s are akin to the top hats favored by nearly all men in the late 19th and early 20th century. They were classic and practical at one time, but now they generally look affected. And that's fine.

My point is, I think it's antithetical for a look so emblamatic of a specific time period to be considered timeless.

And to be clear, in no way am I criticizing your collection. I think it's great. I'm merely questioning your motivation for sticking to such a level of historical accuracy.

Miles, Just different strokes I guess and I didn't take it as you ripping on my collection just having an interesting conversation. The 20s 201s are not extremely full like say the 1880s or the 1901s are. These cuts are iconic and the "classic" 501 cut in my opinion will always be in style so as fads come and go theres still the iconic cut of say the 55 501. If it weren't still valid companies like cane would be making their 47s with the more accurate cut. If your making a repro in my opinion you should make it as close to the original as you possibly can. I have NEVER been much of a slave to fashion. Been wearing chucks since I was a kid. Really like A-2 & G-1 flight jackets. The more authentic the repro in flight jackets the better in my opinion though nothing beats originals. I've never been much of a slave to fashion or a follower. Don't like marketing people to tell me what is in or whats not. To me there nothing better than a Dubow A-2, a pair of 55 501s and a great pair of vintage chucks except maybe an early G-1 7823 a pair of 20s 201s and a pair of vintage boots. Classic and will always be in style. Who cares what the masses are doing. Better to find your own way in my opinion.

John - thats a great collection, having both the oni shoai and the natural pbj is very indulgent!!! Those pics really make my heart ache for the PBJs, its nice to see so many superjeans side by side so you can get an idea of the different colours.

Your oni blues are pretty well worn, very nice, can you tell me, does the fabric maintain its slubbyness? I know the fades will be uneven but with my PBJs the surface isnt quite as bumpy and has smoothed out what stretching and abraision, especially on the thighs and seat. Have your onis smoothed out any? Or did the wash bring the texture back?

John - thats a great collection, having both the oni shoai and the natural pbj is very indulgent!!! Those pics really make my heart ache for the PBJs, its nice to see so many superjeans side by side so you can get an idea of the different colours.

Your oni blues are pretty well worn, very nice, can you tell me, does the fabric maintain its slubbyness? I know the fades will be uneven but with my PBJs the surface isnt quite as bumpy and has smoothed out what stretching and abraision, especially on the thighs and seat. Have your onis smoothed out any? Or did the wash bring the texture back?

thanks for the comments.

viv, having both naturals is a bit of a sin isn't it. having 8 pairs IS a sin!

the oni blues has retained its slubbiness and in fact is more pronounced. the bumpiness of the denim has caused fades only on the threads that are protruding giving it a 3d effect. more than anything, the wash only made the contrasts better and the fabric softer, making it more comfortable to wear. also, i don;t think the creases and honeycombs will straighten out even after many washes. actually tempted to give it another one...

thanks john, but I was wondering about the texture, I can see the bumps have faded in an irregular manner ( and thats really nice ), but is the feel of the fabric as lumpy as when raw? Like has all the thigh rubbing and stretching made the surface smoother to touch?

See the shins on my PBJs are still pretty knobbly but the thighs and seat ( where the wear is ) have got a slubby fade but all the knobs have been smoothed out a bit and it has a smoother shinier nature..