Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

WWII impressions that I finally sized right and immediately applied Obeneuf's to get rid of that ugly orange suede look

damn seeing your picture makes me think again if I should also dub my pair of roughouts. I planned not to do it..but your comment of the oriiginal orange color made me think again if I like the original color :D

i need to pick up a pair of those roughouts from wwii impressions as well; how did you guys size them compared to other brands?

I can dig those. I like the texture. I think Im going to have to introduce some English boots into my life. Its no longer an option. Shit has gotten serious. There is a place in San Francisco that carries Trickers, but I believe they are all collaborations with Brooklyn Circus. I like the look of them, but not sure a collabo is the way to go. At least Ill get some last/sizing idea's...

ha, i was looking at brooklyn circus's collabs about an hour ago. really like the look of the tan grain stow brogue boot.

standard advice with tricker's boots when working with us sizes would be size down a half size into anything on the 4497s last (most of their country boots) and size down a full size into their 4444 last.

damn, those are nice. I'm considering a rough out version. How long was the production time on those? That black CXL is beautiful. My SJ's are in black CXL. Cannot wait.

I have that sole on my RW 3141, and I kinda like it. It grips very well on wet/dry concrete around my house, but I could see there being a serious traction issue on the type of concrete/cement you guys have in Europe. The older cement with a rockier, cobbly composition would probably be pretty slick. The shitty sandy cement they use here is basically like sandpaper.

To me, that is a ridiculous statement. Personally, I bought the oxfords because I like them, which is most likely the reason behind most clothing/ footwear related purchases on this entire forum, and the world in general. However, if you would prefer to look for a "draw" in your clothing purchases, or amuse yourself with your own strange perceptions, then please carry on.

Edited by Megatron1505

I have a pair of new-old stock of Tecnic boots and shoes. The boots came with a tag saying made using Martin Leather. As far as I can tell, this is the really top quality stuff. Unfortunately, the company went bust in the 1980s.

Is anyone alble to expand on this? I really don't have much more information. From looking at vintage shoes and boots, I think most of them used Martin Leather. The current zug range from Tricker's, Sargent etc aren't a patch on Tecnic or Lotus.

Do post pics!

There is some info on zug, or rather Lotus at loomstate

I did chat to one of the curators at Northampton Museum about zug - my recollection is that it was originally produced by Martin Leather, then they were bought by Bridge of Weir. The current zug used by Tricker's and others comes from Horween.

I do plan to interview the Zug Expert in Northampton (!) on loomstate, if so I'll report back.

But in the meantime, please post your Tecnic - simply open a (free) account at photobucket, load up your photos, and underneath each photo you'll find a URL - copy the one starting "img", paste it in here, and voila...

Edited by Paul T

Do post pics!

There is some info on zug, or rather Lotus at loomstate

I did chat to one of the curators at Northampton Museum about zug - my recollection is that it was originally produced by Martin Leather, then they were bought by Bridge of Weir. The current zug used by Tricker's and others comes from Horween.

I do plan to interview the Zug Expert in Northampton (!) on loomstate, if so I'll report back.

But in the meantime, please post your Tecnic - simply open a (free) account at photobucket, load up your photos, and underneath each photo you'll find a URL - copy the one starting "img", paste it in here, and voila...

a little zug for the weekend; front to back: edward green (1960s), lotus for church's (1940s, i believe) and tricker's 'skipton' (pre-2000):

dsc02519g.jpg

dsc02506g.jpg

dsc02521s.jpg

edited to upload better pics: you can see the contrast in leather...just need to add a kelso to the mix

Edited by CrashTestBrummie

Great zug palette you have there, The Kelso will be very close to the EG ones you have, I guess.

This week almost become english boots week for me, getting daily english boots rotation except yesterday, will post later after proper photos taken.