Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

OK I'll play, here's my collection so far:

20110603-IMG_0788.jpg

20110603-IMG_0789-1.jpg

Rear(L-R): RW Engineer, RW 2218, Wolverine 1k Addison, Tricker's Froswick, White's Dress Packer

Front(L-R): Kenneth Cole, Rockport biker boots, Alden Cigar Indy, Alden Ultimate Indy, Alden Color #8 Indy

Ben, do you mind sharing your polishing technique? I never get mirror shine on non cordovan shoes.

What are those engineer's and how do you like your Wolverine Addison's? I loved mine at first but managed to wear through the leather sole in only a few months and have been too lazy to get them resoled

smittybat The Engineers = RW I don't know the model number, steel toe, and has RW silver logo on the side.

I like my Addison but I agree the sole wear out pretty fast so I only use it max once a week, I guess the next resoling will be Vibram or dainite.

its not just the adisons, my standard thousand mile sole went really fast, ive also been sitting on getting them re-soled. i was thinking takeshi san, but i kinda used the cash i had saved for that on the viberg group buy. I may want to get another pair of boots before i start shipping to takeshi san lol :)

Ben, do you mind sharing your polishing technique? I never get mirror shine on non cordovan shoes.

Nice collection :)

No secret: apply polish, leave for a while, then brush the areas that aren't being bulled. For these areas, use water and wax - wrap a cloth round your finger(s), tap it on the surface of the water, then on the polish, and rub the wax in using small circular motions.

Keep working your way around (you'll get a feel for the right water/wax ratio as you go along). When finishing off, add a tiny amount of moisture to the area by breathing on it, and rub in again...repeat as necessary.

Takes a while the first few times, and then it's second nature...this is the kit I use, with the microfibre cloth used for the final buff:

dscf2334n.jpg

Had some family in town today so I took them to Hollywood. Though you'd enjoy seeing my Semi Dress visiting some sites...

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

They look great how do they feel?

1000% better then when I first got them, but still not molded to my foot yet, but very wearable.

just placed my order on some custom vibergs, anyone know what their turn around time typically is?

also, how does everyone reccomend treating roughout type leathers?

No idea on the Vibergs, but I used beeswax on my roughouts to make them a little more water resistant...darkens the leather, mind...

^ Treating roughout will flatten the nap, and they'll lose that suede look. I've never treated mine, and just brush mud and whatnot off after it dries.

Had a few questions about the boots in my waywt from yesterday...

df988642.jpg

Kansas - yes, they are the Leffot Greenwich boot, oiled navy nubuck. I got them sometime last winter, and have worn them mostly with suits. Now that they're more beaten up, I'll be combining them with denim more often :)

d32a44b6.jpg

5b9902a4.jpg

e2b73d21.jpg

Colours are best in 2nd & 3rd pics

Zug heaven, both of you! That duo pic is fantastic, killer b!

Any more thoughts, Paul T, on you-know-what? Will this help you make your mind up?

("no more boots" he said....couldn't risk missing out on these, and so glad I didn't...)

AS Kelso:

dscf2533i.jpg

dscf2530x.jpg

90% certain that this is the same leather that Tricker's use, but it's not as stretched over the toe as other zug boots and shoes that I've seen:

dscf2531v.jpg

dscf2539a.jpg

dscf2540v.jpg