Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

so what have you found out in sizing? from say Alden 405 to Whites SD...

Well I am a 9.5E in these SD, my Alden 405s are bizarrely an 8.5EEE, I have Roys in 9E and cordovan indies in 9D that are a bit tight. Redwings in 9D are too tight, 9.5D are fine.

....so it's about all over the place.

Well I am a 9.5E in these SD, my Alden 405s are bizarrely an 8.5EEE, I have Roys in 9E and cordovan indies in 9D that are a bit tight. Redwings in 9D are too tight, 9.5D are fine.

....so it's about all over the place.

I'm with you on that...my Stow are a 9, the Coniston and Kelso a 9.5 and the Arran are a 10.5.

And I always had my true size down as a 10...

yeah, i hunted for them for a few months until a pre-order popped up on leather soul. only took about 14 months for them to show up. ha!

definitely excessive lead time, but i expect to be wearing these for a very long time to come.

...My SDs came today. I think I might have finally got what I need...Dress brown, all eyes, Natural edge, half sole, Leather lined - already feels better than unlined...

5803965154_c4f641b6b0_z.jpg

That's exactly the config I've been mulling over. Looks perfect!!

Thanks for the pics...real drool worthy!

congrats, I really like what I see. How do they fit? True to size? And they look kinda tall ( counting the eyelets and hooks)?!

They are a G fitting , so I went down half a size and that is perfect . They are tall and you would think the bellows tongue would be uncomfortable but they not so . Will wear them for a bit today and post some fit pics and update . Cheers .

ben, put up a fit pic of your kelso's? ordered mine close to 2 weeks ago and still havent received them. damn international shipping... wondering how they look like when worn.

AS Kelso:

dscf2533i.jpg

dscf2530x.jpg

90% certain that this is the same leather that Tricker's use, but it's not as stretched over the toe as other zug boots and shoes that I've seen:

dscf2531v.jpg

dscf2539a.jpg

dscf2540v.jpg

I'd love to put a pic up of these next to the Rannoch, to see if it confirms what I suspect...

marineabilly posted some info (I've quoted it below) a while back. I don't think I'd pay retail ($250) for these, but they show up on ebay for 100-150 from time to time and that is a good price. I've got both the black and the tobacco versions of these. Looking back I probably should have just ordered a pair of Wesco's but they are a lot more money.

Holy smokes! Those boots look like a hot mess in that pic. I've buckled the top straps and believe me when I say this picture doesn't do these boots justice.

smittybat, I've been contemplating the black ones...you got pics?

Cheers!

Riff do you perhaps have any pics of those Greenwich boots worn with a suit. I'm just curious to see what it looked like.

No, I've never done an office waywt ;)

Fresco - -congrats!

One of my friends from England had on a pair of shoes that were beautiful. You could tell that they've been broken in over years. He had polished them impeccably and they looked great with a pair of worn jeans. They were that burgundy color with the dark creases, maybe you know what I'm talking about.

So, I want a pair of shoes or boots that will age like this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, no sneakers please. Thanks.

Note the penultimate sentence.... the word "will"!

(altho I prefer to look at aged ones, personally)