Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Just to clear out some possible doubts here.

When people mention Obenaufs they usually refer to Heavy duty LP. (which is their star product)

Obenaufs LP heavy duty is a leather protector.Foreign substance repeller.

Good for water proofing.

Then there is Obenaufs leather oil which indeed is a conditioner.

Thanks guys.. Guess its better to get a non coloured wax to polish my gt..

Ordered a pair of Hoggs Rannoch today , unfortunately wont be here until Monday . Looking forward to seeing these in the flesh as such , hopefully they will be good and I will keep them . They pretty much fit my bill in terms of how they look but we'll see . To part fund this I will be selling some old japanese Lightning / denim magazines and other Levi books , will post on supermarket / lvc thread later tonight , but if anyone is interesested pm me for details , they'll be going cheap !!

made a start on cleaning up the shoes tonight - taking mrs b on a date tomorrow, so it couldn't wait until the weekend.

looking pretty good after a soap and polish, although they still need a little work...

before:

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTQtMjAxMTA2MDItMTc0MC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTUtMjAxMTA2MDItMTc0MS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTctMjAxMTA2MDItMTc0NS5qcGc.jpg

after:

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTgtMjAxMTA2MDItMTgzMC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MDItMjAxMTA2MDItMTgzMS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MDAtMjAxMTA2MDItMTgzMS5qcGc.jpg

the shoe trees are vintage harrods btw

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MDMtMjAxMTA2MDItMTgzMi5qcGc.jpg

killer b - they look great, gotta spread the e-love...what else are you planning on doing with them, if anything?

mikedbt5 - looking forward to finally seeing a pair on someone here; the Rannoch has been something of a mystery boot to me and Paul T...if they're half as rugged as the Lotus, or half as comfortable as the Kelso I 'panic bought' over the weekend, then you're on to a winner :D

my dad's got allsorts of waxes & whatnot, so i was going to go and consult with him on saturday... some of the more worn bits are still looking a little dilapidated - not sure how much can be done about it, but it can't hurt to do a bit more waxing on and off...

No offence meant to you, nicka, but could we please keep eBay linking to buy it now items only?

Posting auction links kinda kills it for people who've spotted something and are biding their time - similar thing almost happened to the Tricker's veldts I picked up recently.

spot on,

thank you CTB

No offence meant to you, nicka, but could we please keep eBay linking to buy it now items only?

Posting auction links kinda kills it for people who've spotted something and are biding their time - similar thing almost happened to the Tricker's veldts I picked up recently.

totally agree

Anybody (denimjunky?) have or handled White's boots with both single and double celastic toe boxes?

How rigid is the single celastic toe box? How much give does it have when pressed on?

How much more rigid is the double celastic toe box?

Just had a brief conversation with Carl at Plum Soles; he said that the AS veldt line is effectively being discontinued in its present form as AS undergoes their rearrangement due to going into administration.#

Apparently, once they're back up and running, AS will look to create a small, new, MTO-only range of veldts, possibly along more 'vintage' lines, whatever that might mean...

Apparently, once they're back up and running, AS will look to create a small, new, MTO-only range of veldts, possibly along more 'vintage' lines, whatever that might mean...

= £££££££££ :rolleyes:

Since a few pages back some where showing their boot collections... here's my modest lineup...

I'm hoping to get a pair of Wesco engineers just like that soon. I need to downsize my collection as well.

I'm hoping to get a pair of Wesco engineers just like that soon. I need to downsize my collection as well.

they're worth it for sure.

Crash...

I really like that fourth pic, maybe it's that incredible shine... which model are those?