Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I know back in wwii my neighbor worked at a gun powder plant and they had brass nailed shoes and shovels so there's not spark... might be an earlier WW1 model....

End Clothing has a coupon code for 25% off plus another 20% for non EU. Thinking about grabbing these Trickers. Any idea how they fit compared to Alden Indy's? I am a 10 in the Indy's would I be a 10 in these as well?

Trickers Burford Derby Boot

25-11-2010_trickers_burford_marron_large.jpg

They are 1490s and they were possibly the most uncomfortable boot I have ever worn. I had a pair of 1461's (the shoe version of the 1490) that I loved and when they bit the dust I figured I'd go for das boot. Mistake. I had to use a pair of orthotics just to make them bearable. No support what so ever.

End Clothing has a coupon code for 25% off plus another 20% for non EU. Thinking about grabbing these Trickers. Any idea how they fit compared to Alden Indy's? I am a 10 in the Indy's would I be a 10 in these as well?

I can't comment on the fit, but would you mind sharing the coupon code?

so, here ya go, a Lotus trio. LEft, Ben's veldt boots, top right my veldt shoes, bottom, the CTB>PT pair.

zug2.jpg

Thanks Ben, I hope you make it to your destination ok!

There safely and now back in overcast Brummieland!

Glad the boots are working out well for you...and I'll definitely need to sort a decent camera out to try and do my boots justice, after you commenting that they look so much better in the flesh than the pics! Might have a fiddle with the broken old one and see if I can work some magic on it...

UK 10 should work fine, I believe...they're handsome boots, in both the marron and espresso leather.

my size & style though - cheers... :D

Good work! That was at least their third listing on there, was even toying with the idea of picking them up myself, to do a refurb and resell :D

i have to disagree.judging from CTB's pic,most of them are worn pretty well.

Three pairs were visibly worn before I got to them: the Wetherbys, Tecnics and Tricker's veldtschoen. The rest have been worn from new or 'as new', at work and play :)

The Lotus boots at the front, that look almost unworn, are the ones that I've been wearing the most recently...

dang, someone please get me size 12UK.. the deal out there is great CTB

Their overseas shipping rates are very fair, plus you'd have a reduction of around £40 for being a non-EU customer :)

More Lotus, marked UK 8.5 but would do a medium UK 9 nicely too, in my reckoning:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-1940s-50s-LOTUS-VELDTSCHOEN-SHOES-UK-8-5-/260792605879?pt=UK_Men_s_Vintage_Clothing&hash=item3cb8735cb7

Good condition and a pretty decent BIN price.

Their overseas shipping rates are very fair, plus you'd have a reduction of around £40 for being a non-EU customer :)

More Lotus, marked UK 8.5 but would do a medium UK 9 nicely too, in my reckoning:

Our alerts are arriving at the same time! I certainly agree on sizing.

Is that a stain on the right shoe?

(and more original laces, too)

im looking to pick up a pair of tricker's stow but from what i have been looking around, sizing seems to be queer.

typically on any shoe conversion chart, a UK7 is equivalent to a US8. but on a few tricker's stockists i have been to, they list a UK7 as a US7.5. i am planning to size down 1 on a fitting 5 boot but i am having trouble deciding if i should be going with a UK7 or a UK6.5. it doesnt help that different websites list them differently. if it is a fitting 6, i am confident of going for a UK6.5 but i cant say the same on a fitting 5.

Picked up a pair of NOS Herman Survivors for my son... Steel toe, but he said they're very comfortable.... We're both breaking in new boots this week....

DSC00099.JPG

DSC00100.JPG