Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

you know... this thread is shoes that look better with age, yet its mostly new boots.

only unworn pair up untill now are my Indies, the RW's are both pretty worn in, the GT's are even second-hand :D

i posted mine.

True enough, you did. There seemed to be some negative response to it, but I think they are indeed shoes that look better with age, so...maybe I will too.

2a48k0.jpg

thrifted these today, no idea who made them/what the story is...

they do say "made in Canada, Police Boot" on the inside, not sure how old they are who made them etc...

Sweet looking boots - great find! Would love to see some more pics!

i didnt get any negitive response when i posted my vintage purcells up... they were vintage new and ive worn em for over a year nad a half without any damage to the canvas... feels like carharrt duck weght canvas as opposed to the flimsy shit that they are made from now... thats why i felt that they should be posted...

so yeah... post em up

you know... this thread is shoes that look better with age, yet its mostly new boots.

Hey calm down. You might start WWIII like the other hot thread right now.

here you go, some more shots of these...

mg6711.jpg

mg6712.jpg

built rite soles, in perfect shape, I don't honestly think these were worn at all.

Made in Canada, curious to see how they hold up with some wear, hopefully they age well.

Anyone with any ideas/info on these please let me know, much appreciated.

i didnt get any negitive response when i posted my vintage purcells up... they were vintage new and ive worn em for over a year nad a half without any damage to the canvas... feels like carharrt duck weght canvas as opposed to the flimsy shit that they are made from now... thats why i felt that they should be posted...

so yeah... post em up

Sadly, mine are not vintage; but they are well used, washed once and then worn some more. I'm just trying to see if I can get my camera to properly show the indigo staining from my denim.

Stay tuned...

my humble collection:

wondering if I shoulda gone down half a size on the indies, they are a size 11 like the RW's but about 4mm longer, my big toe only reaches to about where the stitching is

but when wearing them they don't feel too long tho

if that makes sense :confused:

it makes sense cause thats how theyre supposed to be.

cool pair of boots GregoryH

thanks for posting the extra pictures of those thorogood boots, they are definitely a great deal quality and price wise.

Unfortunately, I seem to destroy the soles of my boots faster than the leather actually evolves which results in a pretty poor evolution of my boots. Especially the outer edge of the heels wears out pretty fast.

btw nice set of boots Tiro

Unfortunately, I seem to destroy the soles of my boots faster than the leather actually evolves which results in a pretty poor evolution of my boots. Especially the outer edge of the heels wears out pretty fast.

I have the same issue with all of my boots, sneakers, everything. I despise my foot dragging tendencies. I try to correct it and it bugs me every time I notice it.

it makes sense cause thats how theyre supposed to be.

well, I guess if your big toe is meant to sit at the white stitching, my fit is perfect, thanks for the info.

Tiro, did you try some insoles?

yeah I wear custom made insoles for my flat feet, they don't make my feet any longer tho :P

I don't know if anyones posted this, but it looks pretty awesome.

http://blog.leffot.com/2009/09/29/three-little-indy-ans/

403 - chromexecl leather - leather lining - alden new england standards.

403's look alot like the ultimate indies imo... nice

good thing to hear that the normal 405's will now have leather lining, might have to get a pair in the future, since that was my only problem with them...

I also have this problem, I wonder if it has anything to do with driving, cause my right foot has it even more then my left one...

but hey, when the soles wear out on my GT's or Indies, they can just be resoled, dunno how that works with the crepe sole RW's

Ended up picking up a pair of GT off ebay, should be here in a week. Sorry for the stupid comment. I was at work and just looking for a quick answer instead of having to read through 1400 pages.

Sadly can't find RedWing GT sizing. :(

If im usualy wearing size 8.5 - 9, what size sould i take in RedWing GT?

i just asked this and got flammed for it. I read somewhere they run big and are suggested to size down .5-1 full size.

Yeah....that question is asked so often it should turn up easily on a simple search.

I just picked up a pair myself, I'm normally a 12D in dress shoes, 11.5D in Alden Indy boot. I went with 11.5D in the GT and they are a little narrow and a little long so probably the best fit I can get. I think they run about 3/4 size large and a touch narrow. So, if you have narrow feet you might be able to size down 1 full size. Otherwise size down 1/2 and you'll be fine.